1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The first free agent loss of the offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

No brainer given his LA ties and Kobe exiting.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah I can see how a head coach of THE Los Angeles Lakers, living in LA, the money can be really appealing... but lets be honest, the lakers are going to suck for a while unless they make some big free agents moves (which they might) but... if they don't, Walton probably gets fired after 2 or 3 bad seasons and looks like trash. Big risk he's taking, lets see if it pays off or back fires for him.

5. i3artow i3aller

<iframe width="500" height="300" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XhQG2dP2AHc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Exactly, he doesn't have much to work with and will be gone by the time they do. Even if thy stick with him it'll be a long road. He better keep those wins from GSW fresh in his mind.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

So, did we even get to interview him?

Morey said something interesting in the interview posted by clutch:

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but perhaps Luke was Morey's top choice

8. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Russell, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, and over 60 million in cap space to play with.

70+ if they use Williams to get rid of Young.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You can have all the money in the world, that doesn't mean anyone will go there. Plenty of teams will have money this offseason. They will end up over paying for scrubs much like the Rockets (I hope not). But atleast the Rockets have Harden.