1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: Opportunity lost, backs to the wall and the future of the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good commentary.

DD

3. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

they had 11 steal in the game, and more than half of them became turnovers because of careless outlet passes....

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets in 7.

5. ibm

ibm Member

they go back in transition defense and intercept our outlet passes. we have so many silliest outlet passes and dont get back on d.

that's the most obvious difference.

6. chandlerbang21

Even rockets announcers have no hope for them LOL

SHHHHH It will all be over soon

7. RESINator

RESINator Member

Lol. No respect for JBB. New coach necessary!

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

We have some truly awful outlet passes. Motiejunas was guilty of at least 2 or 3.

9. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

They looked like two different teams in the first and second half. They took their foot off the pedal when they saw Steph was out and GS stepped on our throats. We lost to GS w/o Steph in Oakland. We won by 1 in Houston w/o Steph in game 3. With a tie game at half time, why this team thought it would be easy is beyond me. They looked lifeless in the second half.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Future?

We are a long long way from beating a team like GS in a 7 game series.

JBB must be certainly gone. He clearly isn't any better than McHale.

Brewer is clearly gone. As is Dwight. After that who knows.

James Harden....so talented, so blissfully unaware of how he comes across.

11. chandlerbang21

Brewer will be hard to trade with that 8mill per year contract with garbage output. Houston will have to give away a draft pick along with him. I hope he is gone though

12. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

I'd rather see them try to buy out his contract and have Les eat it, rather than to keep giving up picks to get rid of him. Maybe there'll be a taker with a decent deal, but we need the picks for getting someone good, not to dumb dead weight.

13. SunsRocketsfan

haven't listened since i'm at work but i saw the commentary. I do not see any positives that would make it worth us sacrificing our draft pick. We knew we were going to get blown out or get swept in this series. We knew dwight is probably done as a rocket. .. and we knew harden plays no D and this team shows no heart. I guess this series just confirmed everything we already knew.

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

This team needs a Mario Elie in the worst way along with a Sam Cassell off the bench....Terry is trying but too old.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Great pod as usual.

Hate to say it, but this season needs to end. Too many things that need addressed for this franchise to be able to move forward.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with everything basically, i'm just not as high as MK on Beasley, he does have a great talent to score obviously, but to me it seems he's not that good in playing team ball...always seems to play too much by himself...i don't know, i don't think he can be a true second scorer for us, coming off the bench is where he belongs imo, but i hope to be wrong, would be amazing to see him finally blossom here.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

As one who stridently, virulently spoke against the Rox qualifying for the p/o, mot just for the pick - - even had their been no pick involved - - because there was nothing to be gained but additional angst and national embarrassment, this podcast gave me one new reason to have wanted to see this disaster of a season to have just run out of tracks and that is how far back it put the Rox in the coach chasing event.

Would Scottie have been The Man? I think not, but perhaps greater minds have greater insights. Thibs? I think he found the right situation for him; and at no point do I believe he was the right guy for this situation. Who is next? JVG? Has Stan's bro used his extended sabbatical for good or might he just be yesterday's news? I don't know, and you don't either.

So, who else? Who is a Brad Stevens? Or Steve Kerr? (Walton the junior is not walking thru the door; he's already said NO to PJax, will he say YES to LAL?)

I have no clue who I should want; I just hope DM the GM and Owner Alexander have the handle on this.

And this podcast reminded me we are starting two weeks late.

Thanks for nuthin, Jazz, that's why you're always the Jazz (ptui!).

18. basketballholic

Don't know which was worse, Dwight's answer when asked about his last game as a Rocket or MK's response when Clutch nailed him about it not being worth our first rounder for our youngsters to get playoff experience?

MK's response was lame, blaming JBB for not playing KJ and Capela. Whuuuttt? Why would you expect KJ to get rotation minutes in the playoffs when he couldn't get minutes in the regular season. Same with Capela. He was basically benched before the playoffs started. You wanted the playoffs because you thought JBB was going to start playing them? Lame.

#18 basketballholic, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  19. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

We put a hell of a dog fight in the 1st half of the game all to come out half ass in the 3rd quarter like always.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Goudelock should NOT be "inactive" in favor of TJ. Just ridiculous.
    Please play KJ more instead of Brewer.

Scrap harder! [clap] [clap]