1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza Brewer And Terry Need To Go In The Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJboutit, Apr 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This is common sense, but is lost on most people somehow and replaced with "JBB sucks!". Do people not know that Bev was unavailable for much of the game?

1 person likes this.
  2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You and I would see it as common sense, but I'd imagine that some would just look at the box score and say something similar to what you suggested with "JBB sucks!"

It's much easier to look at a compilation of numbers rather than account for a given situation in a game, matchups, or as we're all sadly aware of now, injuries.

Jet probably didn't expect to play heavy minutes in this series, or at any point this season. At his age, I'm impressed that he can still go out there and knock down shots and handle the ball. Hell, I'm always excited when Jet decides to penetrate the lane and risk his body with a floater or layup. That's pure heart.

I'm more comfortable with Jet handling the ball, even with his decline, than say, a guy like Corey Brewer or even Trev, who I'm admittedly a fan of.

Whomever expected Jet to average anything more than last year or to suddenly become "Dallas Mavericks Jason Terry" didn't do their research. As a result, they're disappointed with Jet's numbers and don't understand why he's not going toe-to-toe with Steph/Shaun/Klay.

3. Briand2714

Briand2714 Member

Ariza shouldn't be starting and only be allowed back as a back-up. Brewer should be traded away for a 2nd round pick if any team is that much stupid to fall for that

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

When the season started, Terry was 3rd in the PG rotation behind Lawson and Bev. At most, I figured he'd play 5 minutes a night. But Lawson wound up being a disaster who isn't even here anymore and Bev's hurt again. The problem isn't Terry. It's who's ahead of him in the rotation.

Morey has to get a PG this offseason, preferably one who doesn't rely on alcoholism in order to succeed on the court. And I hate to say it, but I think it's time to part ways with Bev. See if someone will take him off our hands for the final 2 years of his contract. This is the 3rd straight season he's either been banged up or out due to injury in the postseason. You cannot build a team around players who are that unreliable.

1 person likes this.
  5. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Conley would be amazing...

Great reputation around the league too

6. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

I think Ariza has some value. A good coach would be able to define his role better and I think some of his poor defense is partly due to bad team defense, which in turn makes him look bad. Also the guy plays so many minutes that it doesn't surprise me his shooting has really fallen off this year. But in the grand scheme of things he is definitely worth 8 mil imo.

7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Keep:

Harden
    Capela
    Trez
    Bev
    DMo
    Beasley

8. Houston79Astro

I second this list

9. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

I 3nd this list

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If I have to trade Ariza so I can get rid of Brewer I would.

Is KJ ready to replace Ariza? Probably not but Brewer is dead weight right now that you just gotta pull the trigger if something is available.

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Terry could become head coach?

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I speak for myself and i'm not a "fire JB" gut, but i say that yes, JB sucked bad last night.

The fact that Pat was out shouldn't be an excuse to play most of the game with your worst player/s. Especially when you're facing a physical team like the Warriors and they play a 6'7 pg.

After the game he said "our defense let us down -> we lost intensity" and you know what? He played Terry in the those key moments...when he could've play KJ to give us more defense, energy and rebounds...yeah, that's common sense.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Terry was also very bad in the first/second quarter, he made literally three bad turnovers in three possession right after he came in, and JB still went with him at the start of the second half when he should've know we need to keep the intensity high so yeah...JB was just bad in handle the game.

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

If these players were Spurs, i bet they'd be playing out of their minds. For some reason, players come to Houston to die.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Terry can go, never have or will see him as a Rocket.

Ariza should stay. I think he had a down year but everybody did. Ariza is useful and most championship teams have guys like Ariza.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Ariza has value. Not sure how much though because after all he will be 31 at the start of next season he remains a streaky shooter, and his defence is declining.
    Perhaps a low first rounder in this draft. (this draft sucks)

And Terry I think he could still be useful in some other team.One young. For example the Wizards that need lockeroom leadership most of all.

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Ariza off the bench with 25 minutes is perfect. He's still a great teammate and a 3 and D player. A starter with 30 minutes max is fine too as long as we have a great backup for him. I hope Ariza retires a Rocket. He's only 30 years old. Not like he's an old man. He just looks tired out there from so many minutes.

18. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

Along the same lines...new city too. Let's just move the team to Tennessee

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Yea but he's been in the league since 2004. The mileage is definitely there.

I hope McHale signs on to be the coach of the Kings so we can offload one of our forwards on him for Darren Collison.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I like Conley, but I worry about his durability. He's had injury issues the last two seasons heading into the playoffs. Imagine a PG rotation of him and Bev. :eek: