1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marteen, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd miss him if he could make a FT, let alone any shot.

2. coffeelover665

man I love Omar. Doesn't complain about touches, set hard screen, just wants to start. :( Pbev, Trevor Ariza, Dmo, Omar are the role players you need around Harden. Maybe a playmaking point guard and a forward that can score at will to come off the bench? That team would've been good. Conference finals at least.

aaquaa and donkeypunch like this.
  3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Omer played well for us. I don't know how good he still is after he left us. If and when Dwight leaves, we have to look around. Unless capella gets popeye spinach to magically look stronger, he's going to get pushed around in the paint

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

could have at least gotten value for him, but Lee, Bass and a pick were too short of the amazing Sam Decker pick.

aaquaa likes this.
  5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When he's on he's a hustle player that will score given the opportunities. Has some post skills unlike Howard and will do the dirty work. Overall, Asik wouldn't make the mental mistakes Howard has done in close game situations plus he's able to hit his fts at a better rate. Would love to have him back somehow. There's just not many bigs out there to pick from. Hassan has Howard's mentality when it's all said and done.

aaquaa likes this.
  6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

we traded the wrong center?

7. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Howard sucks in the post, but he is infinitely better than Asik. Asik has the worst hands I've ever seen. He really is just a big 0 on offense. I liked your earlier post realizing he was a better deal than Howard long before it was popular though.

I also liked the post recognizing how little we got for Asik. Seemed like a year before some ppl thought we could get Aldridge and we ended up with Dekker. Hahahhahahah

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Unfortunately, he could of used stickum tho, dude cant catch anything

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Prime Asik was really good. Prime Asik is now gone, he has regressed greatly for some reason and looks like trash on the Pelicans, is also constantly injured.

10. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

He's a little beech for acting like he did when he got benched. Throwing a hissy fit and faking an injury. Do you really want an unprofessional cry baby diva that is now regressing? We have enough divas on this team.

11. i3artow i3aller

12. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Asik was good for us but the dude has fallen off a cliff. It's over

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Isn't that Howard but for a lot less than 22 million?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol all you want is essentially get Omar then clone another Harden as the 6th man, clone Durant to be your 7th man?

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Asik has been completely awful this season, he is not the center you are looking for.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Asik played the best basketball of his career the first year he was with the Rockets. His second year was quite decent too. He was never the same after we got Howard, never getting back to that level even after he was traded.

Right after we got Howard, I was saying that we should trade Howard to Portland for Aldridge and keep Asik at center.

Asik + Aldridge (or some other top notch PF) > Howard + any PF we had

17. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

That would have looked great. Recruit Howard & promise him the moon - just to trade him as soon as he is eligible. That's the kind of stuff that would attract free agents.