1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza = Playoff Choker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, Apr 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Igoudala with that blatant grab, Green bodyslams Beasley, Bogut tries to rip Dwight's arm off...Warriors are the masters of deceptive dirty play.

2. lionaire

lionaire Member

Ariza = defense

3. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Won't matter. Curry will be playing. Game over.

4. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

Ariza sucked on offense, but his defense was fantastic. Klay Thompson played 40 minutes, shot 7-20, and 0-7 (!) from 3. Ariza hounded him the entire game (42 minutes), and kept up with him in transition, around every illegal screen, and every terrible D-Mo switch. Ariza made a Splash Brother look like just another crappy shooter, for one night at least.

If Ariza isn't in Klay's shorts all night, Harden never gets the chance to win this game.

Respect, Lord Threeza!

5. dje243

dje243 Member

You know I thought I saw holding but couldn't get a clear look.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Whomever came up with that "Ariza for Threeza" should be shot in the head.

8. makman

makman Member

The final inbound play was without a doubt one of the dumbest I've ever seen. A middle school player knows better than to throw the ball to their own basket

9. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Ariza is a player who never gives up. He was chasing Thompson who has a quick release and uses all those legal illegal screens, otherwise Harden will be killed by KT. Sure he struggled in shooting, but if we had everyone played like him in the regular season, we were not even playing GS now as the 8th.

10. waihh

JBB should be responsible for 99% of the play. It is something you practice whenever you had problem inbounding the ball, which happened numerous times this season. Yet no solution. It only involves spacing and screening, yet JBB cannot figure it out and did not prepare the team in practice.
    Like the national media pointed out (you have to give some credit to them), this team do not have setups. The McFail system, let the players make all the decisions.

11. waihh

Michael Beasley worries me. Dude is like another Harden, who likes to start slow, casual and abruptly change the intensity/pace in his moves. The problem is that the ball may be poked away easily, you don't get whistles in slow motion, and while you are tricking the opponents your teammates relax as well.
    This kind of "aloof" style is not how NBA plays today.

12. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Then why watch? why are you a ''fan'' ? seriously... I don't get why people like you are on a ClutchFans board if you have that mentality. They play the game because any team can win. If it was a sure thing, then the Warriors would have been in the 2nd round already.
    If you are going to post, then make a point. Be intellectual about it.
    Yes Ariza has been subpar this series on the offensive end, but he has had good moments on the defensive end. That hustle on Klay towards the end when Klay was going to get an easy layup but Ariza stole the ball.
    You were probably saying that the GSW didn't need curry like everyone in the media, and now they are saying that Curry didn't play and Rockets won. So now it's changed to Curry is playing, it's over. F NO IT'S NOT OVER.
    Win gave Houston confidence and they will play at home. If they win, Warriors will be very worried. Change your attitude if you are a fan, or gtfo

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This is stupid. He's not Ryan Bowen.

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Stop it, he's not a choker. Go rewatch game 7 of the Rockets Clippers series. He lost a step and was never a good ball handler, but still played good defense and hit some shots so stop with the crazy talk.

15. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Dude is a baller. He's just like Beverly. He's locking the hell out of Klay this series. Those Splash Brothers don't just miss - they miss because a defender is on them and that defender is Ariza.

BTW, Ariza takes no **** from no one.

16. jogo

jogo Member

This is the truth. 42 minutes. Ariza was +7, Klay was -7. Frees up Harden to be our scorer. Made a few bad inbounds plays, partly his fault, partly JBs fault, partly Warriors holding our players. Ariza is huge for us even when his offense is off.

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

He is not a playoff choker. Maybe this game but he has made clutch plays his whole career. Putting Clips away last year in Game 7. Although we didn't win Game 2 last year in GS, the steal he had and then calmly hitting a corner 3 when all hope was lost was about as clutch a play I have seen from a Rocket on defense and offense. I still dream about us winning 1 of those 1st 2 games in Golden State last year how things would be different. We probably still would have lost but would have gone 6 or 7 games. I truly think we were crushed after losing Game 1 and Game 2 while being so damn close.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2015/05/20/0041400311-hou-gsw-play27.nba/

18. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

He's doing a lot of work defensively. But yea offensively it'd be nice if he knocked down some more 3s (like hitting the open ones) like he used to do with the lakers.

19. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Haha. You are funny and it's good you have hope. I can damn feel free to have my attitude in my own "fan" way.

You can bet your moneymaker the Warriors are going to bring it next game. I refuse to get excited until they actually do beat the Warriors with Curry.

20. RESINator

RESINator Member

Honestly Ariza defended Klay very well last night. He should not however be handling the ball, going iso, or inbounding plays.