1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Van Gundy is at the top of the Rockets’ list of candidates

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Apr 18, 2016.

?

Would you be okay with bringing Jeff Van Gundy back?

1. Yes — bring him back.

88.9%
  2. No — been there, done that.

11.1%
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lol now I remember that reeko hated JVG and Adelman.

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Link.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

I guess the roster we had full of nobodies along with gimpy T-Mac and brittle feet Yao was easy to work with. Not even Phil Jackson would have gotten us out of the first round with the flawed makeup we had while JVG was our coach.

I didn't really want him back then and I'll be ecstatic to have him back now.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Adelman almost got us to the WCF if not for Yao's foot late. Right after JVG got canned. OOOOOOps.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

Fix this? How do you fix garbage. No we need to blow this **** up and start over not try and fix it. It's broken for a reason.

6. htown1984

htown1984 Member

you cant post this and not put out a link- CMON MAN

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

Rockets were up 2-0. Very rarely do teams that start 2-0 lose a series and JVG has done it twice.No excuses. JVG is a retread.

He'll get you to the second round at best.

Yes he is a good defensive minded coach but always at the expense of offense. Then fans like you will come here and start a fire van gundy thread and look for a more offensive minded coach.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

I didn't hate Adelman until DD started really liking him.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Give it up, man... not sure what events and rosters from 10 years ago has to do with the current situation.

NO candidate is going to please everybody.... but they could do a helluva lot worse than going after a guy who's still respected by his peers, will be a tireless worker, and has gotten each and every one of his teams to play hard and go to war for him.

Even this talent-defecieint roster would be a tad bit more dangerous if playing totally motivated, max-effort, sound-defense ball... and continuing to put up the **** show offense that still managed to be top 10 in scoring.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yeah, that's usually a bad sign. Still, I liked Adelman as well. The only coach I haven't liked has been McHale and especially JBB.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nobody will care if this team wins... they're currently losing not because of a lack of offense.. but because of a lack of discipline, energy, focus, and defense.

12. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Bleacher Report saying JVG can replace Morey and Bickerstaff

Les is a world class idiot if he lets this go through.

We cannot let Morey go.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ric Bucher.

move along.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Insider Buzz: If Rockets are swept, there's talk one man could replace GM Daryl Morey AND HC J.B. Bickerstaff<a href="https://t.co/G8DYQdAbEb">https://t.co/G8DYQdAbEb</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report NBA (@BR_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/BR_NBA/status/723226014084558848">April 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Fixed.

15. OpportunityCost

First the McHale apologists and now the JVG apologists, lol. Clueless.

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

let me guess - everyone else is stupid, YOU are a genius.

17. mario_v

mario_v Member

Yes they will. That's why Leslie Alexander fired JVG because his offense was so stagnant and slow paced. He went for adelman who's more of a offensive minded coach.

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If we're gonna continue to see if Harden will pan out - JVG is perfect... Harden is all about a slow plodding tempo....

19. OpportunityCost

Far from it but it just baffles my brain how - if you really want the Rockets to win - coaches like JVG or McHale could be or could've been supported to run this team. Also to say that this team doesn't have talent is ridiculous. Harden and Howard are two of the top 15 players in the league from an ability standpoint, IMO - I do believe they've checked out at this point however. We also have other talented players. We are far from the days of Luther Head and Rafer Alston or Kelvin Cato and Bryce Drew and Matt Maloney. The current crop of players are just not being put in a position to win by the coach. It's directionless YMCA/Fonde ball with no accountability. We need fresh blood and a flexible and savvy mind to run this team and hold it accountable.

1 person likes this.
  20. OpportunityCost

Thank you.