1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets "Brand" at an all time low?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RasaqBoi, Apr 20, 2016.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

& it all starts from ESPN / TNT. I can't remember a team that has been dogged on so hard. It is getting pretty ridiculous. If I remember correctly, Les or Morey complained to TNT a few months back about this?

We have a top tier player in Harden who basically has lost all respect from the media & average fan. I think he deserves some of the hate but not all that he is getting.

Stuff like this is embarrassing. I don't' know how it doesn't fire the players up. I guess we will see on Thursday.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No chill, <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT">@NBAonTNT</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotNecessary?src=hash">#NotNecessary</a> <a href="https://t.co/X3pJjpqBYA">pic.twitter.com/X3pJjpqBYA</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/722650142910869504">April 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My questions. Do big Free Agents look into stuff like this and shy away from signing on? Do we need a new young star? (Sam Dekker... jk)

Jeff Van Gundy is the only coach that can resolve a lot of the media hate. He's probably the most respected guy.

Anyway thought I would just rant about this issue.... If I was the owner, I would be pretty furious.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What did TNT do wrong here? The tweet is from Bleacher Report.

EDIT - Whoops, just saw "Not" instead of "If"

3. chandlerbang21

I can't blame the media because they are naturally Aholes and they will further any agenda that gets people talking. That's right now the failure of the Rockets is the topic of discussion and has been for a while now. .howard had a bad reputation before coming here and James Harden was respectable until his game turned into free throw for 60% of his points. We all know how Patrick Beverley is viewed after Westbrook got hurt. This is the most hated team in the NBA and it might hurt them during free agency when it comes to attracting the top players.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Of course it is.... this team has quit on a coach, has quit on themselves, and plays selfish. Its not hard for impartial people to see it. Only the blindest of homers (which Les probably has to be) could be jaded to think this team still has a special place in this city's hearts.

The playoff games won't be sellouts (or they'll only be because a bunch of GSW fans bought the remaining tickets). I expect the TV ratings to be terrible compared to last year (unless again, more people tuning in to watch GS's brilliance). Les's pockets suffering is the only thing he'll see as a sign of things needing to be changed.

1 person likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Les is going star-****ing to build that brand back up. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Les owes Barkley money.

Jvg? They were searching for a new coach while he was coaching in playoffs

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yep. Everyone thinks the Rockets are a joke, from the players to the front office. In this moment, at least, the Rockets brand is synonymous with bad attitude, chemistry issues, no effort, arrogance, overrated players, and I could go on and on...

People make fun of us, laugh at us, and have no respect for us. The Rockets are the butt of everyone's jokes right now.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I thought it was a photoshop at first. Absolutely hilarious that it's real. We deserve it. Never should have been in the playoffs.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

People are just jealous that we thought of our kickass space uniform before they did.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The team is a joke and deserves it unless they are all hiding some injuries

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Now the Warriors are gonna be in for it!!!

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This team deserves everything it's getting if not more

13. rockets13champs

turner owns bleacherreport and tnt

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

THIS is why we had to make the playoffs, so Harden can be embarrassed and come back with a chip on his shoulder.

DD

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Whoa. That's some serious lockerroom chalkboard motivational stuff.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you would think.

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its not like the graphic is a lie.

18. dragonz

dragonz Member

I think TNT has always been hating on Rockets. Some of that has to do with their stuffs' personal experience with Rockets organization, some has to do with the hate on analytic, which has Daryl Morey as the post boy.

I think the word "analytic" along would flame the hate from guys like Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith.

It is also rather obvious that Rockets has received less hate (some of the hate is well deserved due to Rocket's performance this year) from a higher educated group of sports writers, such as Zach Lowe.

19. mario_v

mario_v Member

You said that two years ago when they were embarrassed by the Blazers in the first round lol. It worked for only one season and now they're back where they started.

No actually, they're much worse.

20. dragonz

dragonz Member

Last embarrassment got them into western conference final, if this kinda mojo works, we may win the championship next year because this year is much bigger embarrassment than two years ago.