1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx: Rockets will go after Durant hard in 2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Bingo!!!! With Brooks as head coach.

2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I don't think this would be a problem. Russ dominates the ball right now in OKC and Durant leads the team in scoring. Harden and Durant played together before (many times, Harden closed the games), and these guys are great friends. I would expect ANY team with two players this good would have to figure this out. It's the best problem to have in the world. It would be easier if the two really liked each other like this.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's how I felt about Dirk for several years. He'd let the game come to him, wouldn't force the issue. 1st round exits. Mavs seemed to only go as far as Terry's fire would take them. Then he put the team on his back and won a title.

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

We need someone other than Harden to be the alpha dog. We need someone that can tell Harden how it's going to be.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Is D-Mo even gonna be a Rocket next season? He looks like he still has a long way to go to recover from that back injury(assuming he ever does) and it may be too risky to match whatever deal he gets this summer.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I never would have said this 5 or 10 years ago, but I think the coaching search is more important than whether Durant comes and how to integrate him.

Harden + Durant with average coaching = what you have in OKC, what GSW was before Kerr and staff took over. Which is better than what the Rockets have been, but ultimately infuriating.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeppers - coaching matters a lot !

DD

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I agree completely. The coaching hire over the next week or two(this series is likely over by Sunday) will be this organization's most pivotal decision in a very long time. It'll show us what(if anything) Les and Morey have learned from this season. It'll give us an indication of where the Rockets are trying to go as a team. And it'll tell us how they're perceived by the rest of the basketball world depending on how many candidates turn them down.

9. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Absolutely, which is why I've never been a fan of the idea of hiring Brooks or Jackson (or McHale back when he was hired).

10. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Agree, that is the main reason I´m not really optimistic for this off season.

If we don´t bring one person who comes with instant recognition, that wants to establish a professional culture, we will just keep repeating the same mistakes.

I believe Thibodeau can do that, I believe JVG understands this, don´t really know if he can do it. And I believe college coaches can and should do that. So I would at least evalueate options there.

11. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Rockets need a Draymond Green.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I have been saying we needed a Shane Battier type forever.

Harden can't lead he is not up to it....which may mean at some point we have to trade him....for someone we think might become that.

DD

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Boston's own Chris Mannix has Boston as a darkhorse. Who could have seen that coming?

1 person likes this.
  14. Caesar

Caesar Member

We need more players like DD

You guys gang up on him constantly and DD is always unfazed. Keeps coming back stronger and stronger.

Durant is so sensitive. One joke about him on Clutchfans and he might demand a trade and never set foot in Houston again. I just don't think he has it in him. He's not made of that DD stuff.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

It's easy for DD to be unfazed. He's been wrong so often that he has to be desensitized to it at this point. :p

1 person likes this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

We haven't heard anything from Cyber regarding Durant since this post in February 2015. His only recent shared information is that JVG hates us and Dwight does too. Would be awesome if he appeared out of nowhere with something positive.

17. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Noah would be perfect on our team.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Coach Thorpe thinks Durant is gonna leave OKC. Ready for the next chapter.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;This is a guy I think who's ready for the next chapter of his life.&quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/coachthorpe">@coachthorpe</a> senses this is it for KD in OKC: <a href="https://t.co/dDcrzUkDrm">https://t.co/dDcrzUkDrm</a></p>&mdash; ESPN (@espn) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn/status/723170408250368000">April 21, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On the KD observation I made-I always contend that life is fluid. Meaning what people feel today does not mean they will feel the same later</p>&mdash; david b. thorpe (@coachthorpe) <a href="https://twitter.com/coachthorpe/status/723186543955832833">April 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It's not an opinion that KD is frustrated, and not because of a bad game that he just had.</p>&mdash; david b. thorpe (@coachthorpe) <a href="https://twitter.com/coachthorpe/status/723186721362317313">April 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just as LBJ admitted he'd have stayed had they beat the Spurs, so too can KD's future hinge on what happens next. The book is being written.</p>&mdash; david b. thorpe (@coachthorpe) <a href="https://twitter.com/coachthorpe/status/723186948500688898">April 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

1 person likes this.
  19. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Yeah if Dallas wins tonight Durants coming here for sure

20. mario_v

mario_v Member

Wont the rockets have room for two max free agents with the salary cap going up and Dwight Howard opting out?

Harden is best friends with Durant and if they can get another superstar to join, who wouldn't want to be part of a big 3?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.