1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul Season 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dandorotik, Jan 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

That one scene of chuck in the ER was incredible... They should get an Emmy for that one scene alone. I hate being caught up now though because I have to wait like 8 more months for more episodes!

2. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Yes, it almost gave me a panic attack!!! :eek:

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Chuck clearly strongly resents Jimmy.

He also apparently has utmost respect for the law, and doing what's right, especially by his client... but you kind of think that might be him just being a douche and not sure if he believes that truly to his core. Who knows.

Most importantly, another meaningful setback, and Jimmy will basically be in charge of Chuck's life legally, either with another guardianship order or by committing him. That's the ultimate reason Chuck needs the recording.

All that said, I don't think the season ever really changed much. Same great cinematography, acting, story build-up. Same infuriatingly slow story and action.

In basketball parlance... pace REALLY needs to pick up.

4. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

loved the season finale. I knew Chuck was going to screw Jimmy and was faking... and yet I was still nervous through the whole scene until the tape recorder reveal.

Glad they flipped back to spending a lot of time on the Jimmy story and keeping Mike's as backstory this time around

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This IS the pace... like George says, "This IS the show..."

If its too slow, I suggest waiting a few years and then binge watching all of them back-to-back... guarantee it won't seem as slow then.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Hopefully its a tad easier to get by the whole state bar issue by simply just changing your name.... which makes me think that the recording is not going to get Jimmy dis-barred or in severe enough trouble to where it impacts his future as Saul the lawyer.

It is going to be one of the final nails in the Jimmy-Chuck relationship... enough to where he wants nothing to do with the family name ever again.

7. Indaface

Indaface Member

I agree its different for everyone. I love the show but was kind of finding myself not enjoying the middle episodes as much week to week so i saved up the last 3 and watched them all last night and found it much more enjoyable.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, right, the only problem I have is waiting for season 3.... Reminds me of the wait for BrBa, fortunately season 3 is already green lit. I remember a couple early seasons of BrBa not being given the confirmation until a month or two after the season finale.

9. SuraGotMadHops

Chuck's actions last night made me think of this scene. The hurt on Jimmy's face when he thinks of the word "brother" and what Chuck did to him at HHM....ouch

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/paa7tzu3jBg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the issue with the bank is . .. . Chuck went above and beyond
    TO HURT KIM . . . .
    When it comes to ANYTHING Jimmy related he immediately can sum up courage and be well again . . just enough to bust up something he thinks might make Jimmy happy

While Chuck is technically right in most things
    His reasoning for doing it is not really honest and good

Rocket River

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is the pace now. It doesn't have to be the pace forever. Moreover, the pace in the first season was definitively faster. Started faster, ended faster, had more (a lot more) scenes with both Jimmy and Mike together, introduced Tuco - who yes is exciting as a BB character but more than that was/is a character with some pizzaz, had the random crazy Kettleman story, had better/faster flashbacks with Marco.

Certainly I am being a bit overly critical. I'm just saying imo Season 2 was a step backward for the show, and a lot of that can be tied to the slowing pace...

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Did I miss something? I thought Chuck's biggest problem with Jimmy is that he is always getting away with something that is not the right thing (a con, a scam, not doing things the right way, a lack of morals, etc.) and is always given another chance by everyone.

You say Jimmy played Chuck a lot...but wasn't Jimmy really playing everyone and not Chuck specifically (at least, until this most recent incident).

I think his resentment is rooted in the fact that Chuck always did everything the right/smart/straight way and was basically ignored for it....while Jimmy weaseled his way through life as a scammer/con and was always everyone's favorite getting seconds chances time after time.

Unless I'm missing some part of the history between the brothers, I don't think Jimmy really did anything to Chuck before. Obviously, Chuck feels impacted by everything Jimmy does and doesn't like it. He resents Jimmy for who Jimmy is. He hated that his Mom...on her death bed...called Jimmy's name and not his. It's hard for me to believe Chuck loves Jimmy. He says he does but there is so much resentment and hate beneath the covers that it is hard to believe. He looks to sabotage Jimmy at every turn. And, I think he did a number on Kim to steal her client to primarily get at Jimmy as well.

Jimmy, even with all his scams and whatever, didn't appear to do it to Chuck directly until this latest incident...only because Chuck stole away Kim's client. Chuck feels it was fair play and he got the client straight up. Jimmy feels it was a cheap move by Chuck. Hence, the retaliation. Jimmy is actually there for Chuck and takes care of him given his condition. I don't think Chuck truly appreciates that at all because he is harboring so much resentment for who Jimmy is. What has Chuck ever really done for Jimmy? Did he get him that job in the mailroom of HHK? If so, then it was because he wanted to keep tabs on him and keep him there.

1 person likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think you could be wrong. There could be more than just "some hatred there.

He literally told Kim how Jimmy was partly responsible for the death of their Dad who was a "saint" and Jimmy stole his money.

I am not here to argue with you however because I see your point of defending Chuck.

But he is set to be a minor antagonist in this show.

The show is about Jimmy no matter how much you might defend Chuck. Glad it stays that way.

Phenomenal acting by both Odenkirk and the guy who plays Chuck BTW. :)

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Was a joke. Lighten up, Francis.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Breaking Bad is about Walter White. Do you consider him a good guy?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you are going to weigh good deeds and bad ones on the scale, I guess we have to wait another season.

White was on another level than both Chuck and Saul.

At least the Jimmy McGill of present is trying to do better, although he cannot outrun his alter ego.

But there is little character development in Chuck. He stays the same.

Chuck's actions will drive Jimmy become his alter ego like his love for Kim had him try Davison and Maine and the "right path".

Chuck will stay in the series but more as a pain in the ass.

That is function in this series, none other than pushing Jimmy towards a cliff.

It would surprise me if he actually meant he said.

Retire and stay indoors, be obedient. That is not who he is IMHO.

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol really guys? All you can talk about is the boring relationship between these brothers? When the meat is alll about Mike and the Salamancas?!

Im over Chuck and the family issues. Time for some real action already!

Who cold have known about Mike tho? The weapons man, Gus, Nacho (blocking shot)?

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Pretty sure its nacho trying to keep everything calm... But still waiting for that hard swerve!

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I just figured out who it was.

Nacho was in the house, no way he could have done that. He wouldn't trust one of his associates with it either....

We remember someone else going out of the way to call off a hit and protect someone in a shady way.

GUSTAVO.

(quote me when I end up being right)

20. conquistador#11

it had to be from gus' side. gus wouldn't want someone else taking out uncle salamanca that's for him to take care of.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JbGzaLYicYA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chile remembers!