1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight has checked out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slapyomoma, Apr 18, 2016.

1. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Man you're an idiot for saying this.

2. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

Lost Parsons, Covington, Lawson for nothing now going to lose TJones, maybe Dmo, and Dwight for nothing.

You've got to wonder, are teams purposely not trading with Morey? Is he asking for too much? Hinkie could snag 2nd rounders for straight garbage when he wanted to.

3. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

On top of that gave up a first to dump Lin for a guy who didn't even want to come.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

im in the minority here but since the team did dwight dirty by phasing him out of the offense, and the team not playing any team defense and rebounding, dwight is virutally useless to this team and thus he stopped playing hard.

he's far from being a legit scoring threat. he catches it deep its an automatic two points 9/10 times. he needs to get on a team that can actually do that for him. giving him random shots is only gonna hurt him since he needs to be in a constant rhythm being an average post player.

if dwight is willing he can be solid 3rd option for another team, or 2nd if the team has enough scorers behind him.

5. MistaK

MistaK Member

The issue might be on the team and Dwight. I think the main culprit however is Dwight.

He needs to set hard picks and roll harder - Period!!. He can get open for easy shots and dunks but he needs to work for that. That way he gets his touches, will be happy and more involved defensively (I don't get why he needs to get touches to be engaged defensively, but oh well it just seems to be that way). Yes, the team can't get him the ball quick enough sometimes when he has his guy sealed in the paint but still, there should be plenty of opportunities for him to get off shots.

How often have we seen guys like Clint come in, play limited minutes and get off just as many shots as Dwight or sometimes even more. They work harder to get open, they roll harder to the basket and get easy dunks as a result.

I guess Dwight might still want his post touches. Problem is, he is not any good. If he gets the ball just a little too deep from the basket, he will dribble aimlessly, hoist up a hook shot with no feel for the basket or he will turn it over.

Yes the team can be blamed to some extent, the coaching probably to an even bigger extent but the main culprit seems to be Dwight. Why did a guy like Steve Nash have trouble running the pnr with Dwight?

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Jalen Rose is hosting Mike & Mike and just dropped a bomb.

Cliffs: Said he was standing right next to Kobe when he first found out the Lakers were getting Dwight, and Kobe was on the phone with Dwight. When Kobe hung up, he was livid. Dwight was asking 'how you gonna make me better?' Based on that, Jalen thought that relationship was doomed from the start.

Haven't heard that story before, but it's interesting.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. Dwight is going to find himself a real nice Amar'e Stoudemire kind of role somewhere else, and in two years people here are going to be wishing we'd kept him around. book it.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Dwight won't be on the court most of the year due to injuries this coward won't take care of his body nor will he improve any weak areas of his game book that.

9. MistaK

MistaK Member

If he is going for a max and actually gets it, then sure, people will get that Amare feeling, that kind of feeling NYK fans probably had when Amare was a Knick on that 100mill $ contract.

1 person likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup first it was the coaches fault, smiths fault, Lawson's fault, Thornton's fault. Ü can go on and on but Howard's fault it the new default scapegoat.

1 person likes this.
  11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Dwight is always full of excuses. Results for Dwight is always underachieving... he's overpaid and it's time for him to go. I'd rather have Yao... man I'd rather have old Marcus Camby then this effortless coward.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'll acknowledge yes he's overpaid but he should definitely not be the scapegoat people make him out to be. There's just too many things wrong with this team and an overhaul was/is due. This team had it's peak already. Many People here didn't want to accept that and thought the rockets had some chance by making the playoffs. Again I laughed when I saw people thought there's some on and off switch you can turn on in the playoffs. Just wait in a year or so and harden gets his pay day for someone who can only play offense. 3 out of 4 years a harden led team were 1 and done

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

haters gonna hate

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Here is an idea. Maybe Dwight can sign with GS next season as a second or third option center off the bench? Then, maybe he will get his ring cause he sure the hell isn't getting it any other way unless the rest of whatever team he is on carries him there. Have fun on your new team next season where you can disappoint another city's fan base.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well that's interesting when a harden led team has been 1 and done for 3 out of the last 4 years. The same thing you're saying applies to JH then to be fair. Both guys are just flawed stars

16. chandlerbang21

Dwight has not "checked out" the guy has no help in the paint for rebounding aside from patrick beverly! He isnt going to score easily and he has to repeatedly leave the paint on defense because the perimeter players cant stay in front of their man

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He should need help that's why he's getting $22 million this year to rebound like Moses, Hakeem and Shaq when he's really just another Tyson Chandler type.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Part of it is indifference, but a bigger part is that I think he's just physically not able to do it anymore and hasn't accepted it yet, 10 years ago he would have ripped the back board off on some of those alley oops and put Bogut in the hospital.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, let's be honest. The dude just can't play at the level he used to. Shoot, just compare Dwight vs the Warriors in the WCF on one leg to this Dwight who's supposedly healthy. I think he's just on a steep decline. Couple that with horrible chemistry and an overwhelming desire to leave and it shouldn't be a surprise that Playoff Dwight is nowhere to be found.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Draymond Green out rebounded him and Bogut was beating him. He just isn't nowhere near worth 22 million and that's my issue. Harden literally has willed this team by himself all those years Kobe was also one and done for years without Shaq or Bynum/ gasol. One year Kobe lead Lakers after Shaq left didn't even make playoffs.