1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

$22,359,364 !!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Apr 18, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Can't wait to have the same conversation for harden in a year or so. Pathetic on defense and shutdown in the playoffs

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Now many cents tho

3. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

He doesn't have the skill set to make a play when he gets the ball. In all the years in the league he NEVER developed an outside jumper or learned to shoot FT's. Perhaps the coaches don't want to feed him the ball since he lacks an offensive game and they know the opponent will hammer him down low putting him on the FT line where he can't shoot a FT.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

But he might be paid like one next year anyway. Once he realizes that nobody in the league will pay him more than $60M for four years, that $23M he's got locked in with the Rockets for a single year will look mighty good.

Ugh. I cannot watch another year of this.

<BR>

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They can always try to trade him if he opts in. The problem there is they'd have to take back players they may not want. But it's not like the Rockets would be forced to keep him.

I just wanna make sure Morey and Les want him gone. My biggest fear is that they'll resign Dwight out of desperation when Durant, Horford, Conley, and every other quality free agent tells the Rockets front office to go kiss off.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Dont forget $300 MILLION for a player that doesnt play DEFENSE, Frauden

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Dwight is garbage.

8. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

To think just a few days ago, someone here was arguing to me that Howard was a "top-five center." Dwight Howard was a top center; it's in the past. Now he's a bit above average, but short of star level. There are probably at least ten centers (and center-like--players who could play center like Serge Ibaka) that I'd take ahead of current Howard.

9. Rocketeer4Life

This mess with Dwight isn't Dwight's fault. Its Moreys.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If he opts in is he immediately tradable?

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

How is it Morey's fault that Dwight is a shell of his former self? I always knew this day was coming. His entire success in the NBA is based on his freakish athleticism. Once that started to wane, so would his impact on the game. I just figured it was at least a year or two away. But already at age 30, he's looking like he's got very little left in the tank. I don't wanna imagine what he'll be like when he's 33.

If you wanna look at the glass as half full, at least we're finding out now BEFORE he enters free agency looking for 20+ mil a season. So the Rockets can just let him walk and have him become some other team's problem.

12. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

What's sad is all 3 of the Warriors bigs are better than Howard.

Speights
    Ezeli
    Bogut

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yeah I actually asked Bima on Twitter about this. He's immediately tradeable. So it's safe to say we won't have to worry about this. No way Dwight wants to stay here.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

uuhhh

15. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Harden ain't that much better

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Who would trade for him?

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Capela looked lost out there tonight. We need a True Center who could score the ball, rebound, and defend. Plus hit his free throws at least a 75% clip.

18. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Yeah, Capela is a pretty good young backup center. Unlike Ezeli, I don't think he'll make a good starter.

19. Disturbed

Disturbed Member

Philly has a lot of cap space and is in need for a center in their quest to start 5 of them.

20. omgTHEpotential

14ppg on 8.5 shots. Seems pretty darn good to me.