1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Forget Effort The Talent is Not Here Either, Time to Blow it Up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by apollo33, Apr 19, 2016.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

A lot of people have been saying we have the talent but no heart.

Well I don't think we have the talent either. No one knows how to do anything on offense or defense, nobody. Our point guard can't create, our shooting guard doesn't know how to get open, our small forwards can't do anything except Ariza on defense, our power forward can't rebound, our center, well Capela is okay. To add to that, our coach is just lol.

I hope this series gives management motivation to completely assemble a new team and a new coaching staff.

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

at the beginning of the season, people were saying this team has the talent to compete for top 3 in the west.

Where are they?

3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yea blow it up and let Dwight, dmo, and jones go. trade Brewer and then actually find 3 point shooters and have a coach with a damn system. we play so sloppy and don't know what to do with no accountability

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Victims of fraud. This team has committed fraud against it's fans.

5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I thought we'd win 60 games.

I was wrong. I've never been so unhappy as a Rockets fan. This is the worst.

Get rid of everyone, seriously.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

At the beginning, they would be right. A team of Lawson / Harden / Ariza / TJ / Howard...

At that time, could you really say that starting lineup was destined for failure?

7. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Rockets missed a Golden opportunity.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, duh. We have to blow this up, completely.

Yao and McGrady had a slim chance, but injuries closed their window.

From their corpses, Maurie miraculously got us two major players who each had issues, and we rolled the dice, and yep, it didn't work out. Each of them has some sort of mental issue.

It's going to be ugly, but it's time to start from scratch. To me, that includes considering trading Harden. Even though everyone's beating up on him, he's still worth more than when we traded for him.

We need a youth movement now. Keep Capella and that's about it.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

What sucks is im not really sure what to look forward to. Harden is a great player... But he's Melo. You could win with him but it'll take a hell of a team around him, and we don't have ****.

10. Mr. Motiejunas

Keep Harden, Dmo and Bev. Everyone else can be had.

11. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Shaun Livingston would be our 2nd best player. On the Warriors he's their 7th or 8th best. What does that tell you?

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That Morey should not have cut him?

DD

1 person likes this.
  13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm not in the trade Harden camp yet, but I could be persuaded. Basketball smarts and skill is a hard quality to find. Effort and discipline can be improved with the right coach who will hold his players accountable. So while I don't think Harden is playing worth his contract this year, he can get there.

I agree that Capella can be special. Everyone else is a dime a dozen player. Dwight just has low bball IQ and that will never change...while he'll continue to decline physically.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It actually baffles me how clueless everyone on this team is. I guess his can be contributed to coaching, but still, the most basic things are just not done. We look like a pick up team on offense.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

To be honest what i see is:

- no leadership
    - no talent (Harden and a bunch of low iq players who can't score, shot, pass...well, there's D.Mo, but he's still far from 100% i guess)
    - no chemistry

So yeah, we need to move on and rebuild this team changing a lot of parts.

16. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

One other attribute we need for our players is basketball IQ. We have so many mental midgets on our team.

17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

This team has talent.

No one predicted we would lose our talents all at the same time while also losing our coach.

Real life space jam happening before our eyes. Barkley ate our lunch.

I do expect Morey to make some extremely drastic moves as us nerds don't take kindly to criticism.

18. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Low IQ indeed

19. Bleek

Bleek Rookie

[​IMG]

Yea but JButter Bicker staff has a plan.. smh:eek:

20. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Murphy wanted to keep Scott Machado instead over the protest of coaches. Veterans don't matter though