1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Start Beas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Apr 15, 2016.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

YESSS!!!!!

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Beas is worse then Brewer .

3. Possum

Possum Member

It's absolutely ridiculous that Beasley isn't starting.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Are you guys serious? This guy is awful and we'd be losing by much more if he played more. This guy has low basketball iq.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It unbelievable that he's getting mins while Dmo is getting shut out .

6. supercoolBeas

supercoolBeas Member

5 minutes today, just what I expected.

Watch him get DNP-CD in game 2. Classic JBB genius move

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i still dont think he should start cuz we have plenty of offense in the starting lineup. we need defense. beasley should still get 30mpg but most of it when starters are resting.

kj, dmo, smoove should be starting. but why are we talking about this anyway? we got r****ded dumb **** jb as the coach. waste of bandwidth

8. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

explain to me how he only got 5 minutes? Look I know his defense isn't that great but WE NEED SCORING. Not saying start the dude.. I mean put him in when you got people like Terry/Brewer/Capela/KJ in. it's ridiculous!! We need scoring coming from somewhere. Not like playing Beasley over anyone else dramatically increases our defense

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The guy can score, but man he was really bad defensively the few minutes he played

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Shake things up...start Beasley in place of Harden. And, Harden can be sixth man off the bench. That ought to get Harden fired up.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What is it that you saw that JVG did not see? Here's the vid of JVG saying it's our horrendous offense in the 1st, not the defense.

http://stats.nba.com/cvp.html?GameID=0041500141&GameEventID=123#

"The Rockets defense hasn't been a problem. Their offense is crushing them right now -- turnovers, missed opportunities in transition." -- JVG

A Harden TO for a Curry layup started that comment. And just as he finishes the comment (you see in the vid), Josh Smith fumbles the ball out of bounds. A play later Green sits, and Ariza comes in, so Beas sits, too.

That's a little bit of an overstatement by JVG to make another point. I think JVG was trying to point out the worst part of the Rockets 1st Q. GSW was crushing us with transition buckets, and some of their truly unstoppable half court plays...particularly the Alley-Opp dunk by Green rolling down the middle of the lane to draw coverage as Ezeli slides down for an Alley-oop. That type of stuff burns the Spurs, too.

That said, we did see Beasley get burned off the dribble by Green for the AND1, and bad communication with Harden leaving Curry open for a 3.

Still, JVG doesn't let defenses off the hook with critiques like that, because he can't see defenses. There's a lot of truth to what he said.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Beasley was getting murdered on the defensive end.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I trust JVG, maybe we should have kept him Beasley in more. It just seemed like when he came in our defense completely collapsed even more and the rebounding got worse.

I did say in the game thread that Beas-Harden at the same time seems horrible. Why not stagger them? They're the 2 best shot creators on the team.

That's interesting he mentioned that though. I've been saying it all year that our offense is making it tough on our defense with turnovers and poor shot selection.

Even though the stats say we're a "Top 10 offense" we aren't really when we consider the transition buckets our offensive miscues give other teams.

14. jk103

jk103 Member

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, that's one of the plays I mentioned above. That's some weird improvisation by Curry using Beasley's back as a screen. Is really no one on the Rockets calling that out for him? By the time he realizes it's Curry doing a V-cut around his back, it's too late. He seems to have his mind on Green out top, as well. If he sticks closer to Green, Curry can't use his back as a pick.

btw: what do you think of JVG's comments above?