1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 4/16/2016 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 14, 2016.

1. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

We lose by 13-18pts. Honestly I don't see us winning a single game lol. This might be the greatest team ever assembled, why would a 73win team lose a single game to this mediocre .500 team? They swept a 48 win hornets team last year in the first round. Face it, they are one of the greatest teams of all time and we are just some team that gets mowed down by them. I'll watch if we can keep it within 10pts. But like the rest of Houston, my expectations are super low. For the next 3-5years, its the warriors world and we're just living in it.

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Just dreamt we were down like 20 something to 5 and Harden was diving for a loose ball. Terry then yelled at the boys who mopped the floor haha

Anyway, I like the suggestion of picking them up 3/4 court and rotate every 2-3 minutes. Try something different. This is your chance as a coach to make your mark. Sticking to the same old is what scares me the most, JB takes risks but dumb ones only..

3. HookemHorns1250

Well, time to tick my friends off, because they will hear "Moving Screen!", at least 40 times from me tomorrow.

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Time to play rough with these guys and their moving screens. When is time to set our own screens, extended the elbows out and hit them at their rib area (courtesy of John Stockton).

5. MistaK

MistaK Member

I BELIEVE!!!

Just try to get one in GS!!!! After turning 100s of corners this season, they got one LAST corner to turn!! Go Rockets #Pursuit

6. supercoolBeas

supercoolBeas Member

Beasley will lead us to the promised land.

Let's go!

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If the Rockets can be competitive the whole game and not embarrass themselves on national TV, then that is all I can ask for under these difficult circumstances that they are up against. If they actually win game one, then not only would it be a miracle...it would be a crowning achievement even if we lose the next four. For one game at least, we can shock the world. But, Curry will probably have 5 threes in the first quarter on his way to a 42 point game on 10 of 13 three point shooting because that is how the Warrior d1ckh3ads roll. And, no doubt they will be laughing and celebrating 5 minutes into the game probably while we all are infuriated.

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

This is so true haha.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The narrative is so accurate. This happens darn near every game we play them.

10. Codeskye

Codeskye Member

time to get physical against golden soft warriors

11. aleezy2011

aleezy2011 Member

I predict a rockets game one win then lose the next four games by 25+. they will give us false hope of "turning the corner" one last time

1 person likes this.
  12. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

It's inevitable

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I ain't mad this time around. Whatever happens I'm good with, just give effort, i still hate you jb

14. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

The cynic in me says, "Savor today; that feeling of hope."

It cost us a draft pick so we might as well enjoy today. :)

(I believe it is *possible*).

Let's go Rockets!

15. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Rocket is the only 8th seed that can upset the #1 these last couple of playoffs. We were in the WCF last year. Maybe another clutch city run for us!!!

16. Marteen

Marteen Member

Looking forward to seeing the meltdown posts from those bashing other people for picking Golden State.

17. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

18. spankz141

spankz141 Member

It's disgusting how much the media kisses the Warriors' ass.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

20. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for the Rockets to open up a can of good solid Texas a** whooping against these (not so) pretty boys from San Fran who think they can roll over the league. Let's get it!! Clutch City baby