1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets game 1 viewing party(?): NEW YORK

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Layup Drill, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

I know what you're all thinking..."whhhyyyy would we organize an event to all watch this disaster of a season end together". Let me try to answer

1. You're going to watch the game anyway! I know you are. Sure, watching games alone can be great if you get angry (like me) when Rockets do dumb things and you don't want to be around non-Rockets fans who say even dumber things. But if there's a group of us we can all be angry together....misery likes company right?

2. Number 1 was a little negative...but anything can happen! right? We could be competitive and not do dumb things...we hope.

3. It was fun last year

4. We can b**** about moving screens together

5. Game 1 is on saturday at 3:30 pm...and day drinking is fun

6. Last chance to enjoy harden and playoff dwight tandem?

7. I'm out of reasons. I feel like I'm already stretching

But in all seriousness, I just want to gauge interest and maybe get the ball rolling (unless it's being done and I just don't know about it. sorry if that's the case).

I know we've done Hogpit and that bar by Blondies...as long as we stay away from that horrible bay area bar called Finnerty's. If people are interested and want to get something together, please post here.

I feel like if there are 10+ people who are up for it, we could start planning something.

paging jbasket

2. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Sounds good! The whole underdog thing has me pumped!

I live in the Bronx but am flexible as to where. I imagine midtown is probably most accessible.

3. Htown4life420

Htown4life420 Member

You already sound like one of those non believers. Your not non all the way but unless you are supporting them 100% and believe we can win then you shouldn't even be here imo. We need true rockets who bleed rocket red

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

5. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Thanks for your opinion Htown4life420!....I do support the rockets 100% and would love nothing more than for them to win. And of course I believe we CAN win...that's why I'll be watching and that's why they are playing the games (see point #2...I also acknowledged that I started off a bit negative).

My list was a not-so-serious way to convince interested (but possibly frustrated) fans to come out even though this season has been a loooong struggle and there's a possibility that it could be more of the same. Just go ahead and reread the thread after "But in all seriousness, " and ignore the rest if it's really bothering you.

6. prv1981

There's a cool bar in Williamsburg called 4th down. They don't have food but you can order in. The beer is cheap too and plenty of tvs. From my experience it is one of the few true sports bars I've been to in the city. The only issue is that it is not in a central location and it can get pretty packed.

Does anyone have ideas as to some decent bars in the city?

7. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Thanks swy. I'll check with jbasket and let's plan on The Hog Pit for a 3:30 tipoff since it's worked in the past.

8. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

That's true, it's not an ideal location. Would it still be packed during the afternoon?

UPDATE: RANGERS PLAYOFF GAME SCHEDULED FOR 3PM - we ran in to the same problem last year...Maybe a smaller, lesser known place would be ideal if we can reserve it? Sports bars would probably be devoted to the NYR game. Either way, we should call a place ahead of time tomorrow to make sure we can get a room with audio for the Rockets.

9. prv1981

Hard to say since there are so many bandwagon warrior fans of late. Any where else I probably wouldn't think so but it really is hard to call, and now with the Rangers on I would say more than likely it will be packed.

A low key place would be a better option, just don't know where.

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

Sup y'all. I'll get detail ready. Hog Pit will probably not be open (told us to call back tomorrow), I don't think we can rely on that. We can check with The Dublin House soon, but it doesn't have AC (not sure if that's a problem in this weather right now?).

I can vouch for Layup homie. Get off his case.

Talk to friends, let's get the ball rolling.

And yes people roll through:

[​IMG]

11. jbasket

jbasket Member

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yep, rally the troops at that bar. ^ got the downstairs. I'll create an official thread.

13. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

Awesome! thanks

14. jacoby

jacoby Member

The last time I watched a game at a bar Lillard sent us packing and people mocked me for talking **** after Parsons hit the go-ahead layup.

I'll pass.

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

Bro, this time it'll be all Rockets fans. Different crowd homie. Ain't nobody gonna be mocking you here big man, we are all on the same team.

#15 jbasket, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I watched the Texans season opener at The Double Wide bar on the lower east side last year. You could try them also for the next game or so. They had some really good bloody marys and served queso and Lone Stars there.

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

Yep, we are going to the affiliated bar (it's the Avenida Cantina; they just used the Double Wide for that one game). They are good with the Houston vibe.

18. jbasket

jbasket Member

Got 10 already. Let's post on the official thread now and let this thread be closed/die off now.