1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we make the playoffs, does anyone else feel like we could surprise a few people against the Warri

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Doubtful, but who the hell knows. It's sports. That's why we love it, because every now and then crazy **** happens. Most likely they'll sweep us, but lets just get in and see what happens.

2. Asian Sensation

The first rule of betting is never bet what you're not prepared to lose. I'll happily bet again this year. It's a long shot but the payout is way too good to pass up. I have to to go to a Rockets game in Houston at some point in my life. This is my destiny. I have no ragrets about last year either. Appreciate your concern though.

3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I think we have a chance to be somewhat surprisingly competitive given our track record this season... but my heart is the only thing that would tell you we have any chance at all of winning the series. Not my brain.

Anyways, knowing this team, beating the Kings is still basically a coin flip.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yeah, like they won by 2 puts in triple OT against each of those teams:rolleyes:

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yeah, like they won by 2 pts in triple OT against each of those teams:rolleyes:

*** u autocorrect

6. jayland

jayland Member

If we don't lose every game by 15+ points I would consider it a successful series for us.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

4 of the 5 games last year were close. None of the games will be close this year- Warriors will sweep. I wish Cousins were playing against the Rockets.

8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I like your energy.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

None of the games last year were supposed to be close remember. Goddamit.

Bev and Dmo were out and we rolled with 58 yr old Prigs for **** sake.

So yes there will be close games but it will be 5 on 8.

10. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

We'd get routed every single game, except one that would be close until the final quarter then we only lose by 10pts.

11. SemisolidSnake

Nope. The former and probably this year's MVP and last year's champions are going to sweep the the guy with the most turnovers in history who's part of the most disappointing and laughable team in the league this year. On national TV. And I just gave you the talking points.

Let the pain end. Let us get a lottery pick. Let's not delay the best part of the season to come, the mass firings, for another four games. The Rockets didn't believe this season. I don't see why their fans should.

12. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Sure, but in this case you have no chance of winning, just like last year. This Warriors team is even better than last season. They're a historically elite team. But, if you want to just give your money away, go right ahead. Some of us prefer to actually make money when betting on sports. It's obvious you don't if your philosophy revolves around "the payout being too good to pass up." You're better off blindly betting the Rockets to cover the spread for every game in the 1st round. You might actually make some money that way since the lines will be heavily inflated in GSW's favor.

13. HardLin

HardLin Member

Though we've all been (massively) disappointed in this team this year, we still have all of the important pieces from last year's team. This team is the epitome of the Jekyll and Hyde team. You never know what to expect. There are days when we are as good or better than last years team. And there are days when we can't beat scrubs. If the real rockets show up only every other game we may still drive to Warriors to 7 games. Which would be way exceeding expectations for me. Beat the Warriors? Only if the real rockets show up for every game.

14. Asian Sensation

It's not just that the odds are good. This team is a mess but I believe we have some momentum with the 2 game streak as bad as the Lakers and Wolves are. Add a win against the Kings and clinch the playoffs and morale will be high.

I have a gut feeling GSW could be due for a major letdown. They're exhausted and burned a lot of energy especially down the stretch chasing this record. Plus 1 injury can change the complexion of the series. Imagine if something happens to one of the Warriors big 3?

Even last year we played them tough and had Dwight not gotten hurt it would've been even closer. We were a couple plays shy of making that a 6 or 7 game series.

15. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Rockets in 6, book it!

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

So if we get burned in the first round that helps us by? Do you not remember 2005- 2006. We wanted to win so bad that it cost is one spot in the draft that could have gotten us Randy Foye who in turn might have gotten is Brandon Roy. We could have had Tmac Yao and a healthy YOUNG Brandon Roy the next year. So here we are with no draft pick, No Lawson, a few expiring contracts, a Dwight Howard that may possibly leave and possibly having to rebuild with no trade bait/ draft pick. If the Rockets win the championship GREAT! But going against a Historic team like the Warriors with no one able to guard the 3pt line is going to be a pipe dream. Then the Spurs...?

17. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I disagree, but it doesn't look like anybody is going to change your mind...good luck.

18. Ranny

Ranny Member

So wait, not that i think its happening but, if we do end up pulling a miracle out of our A$$e$ and beat the Warriors and make the WCF for the second year in a row even if it is only to be beaten by the spurs, are you seriously telling us you would still be b****ing about that pick?

19. Ranny

Ranny Member

dude its his money, dont judge, let him do whatever he wants with it. Besides Rockets winning a game? maybe two? is that impossible? if that gets the dude to the Toyota Center for the first time in his life then by all means lets cheer for him. (and you know for the Rockets too)

Asian Sensation go for it!! stranger things have happened. There is this guy in England that made a crazy bet this year, he bet 50 pounds on Leicester City winning the Premier League, one guy in the entire country made that crazy stupid bet, and you know what, little over 6 weeks ago the betting house bought him out of the bet for like 80K pounds!! againts all odds Leicester is about to win the League and he would have made something like 200k pounds, and although he played it safe and settled for way less than that he still made a killing!! and i bet he is a Leicester fan so double the pleasure for him. :p

1 person likes this.
  20. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Its just been that type of year lol anything cam happen NOW!