1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Simple Question: Do you want the playoffs or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2016.

?

Do you want the Rockets to make the playoffs?

1. YES, forget the first round pick

172 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. NO, I prefer the lottery pick

371 vote(s)
    68.3%
  1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Celtics and Wolves care. The Rockets do not.

There's your difference.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

When did that start? When Adam Silver took over?

Thought they did something in a room where no media and only like 2 people can be in there.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think it started after the infamous card flip that got NY Patrick Ewing.

If there was some shenanigans going on somebody would have said something by now, right?

You guys forgot the Pelicans getting the 1st pick in the draft the year of "basketball reasons" rescinding the CP3 trade to the Lakers.

4. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Like another poster so eloquently put it... You and everyone else wishing for that aren't a fan of the Rockets. You are a fan of championships. You should just go on rooting for Golden State, San Antonio, or Cleveland.

If we get that pick and it actually manifests in real results for the future of this team (via using it to ship out a Corey Brewer, packaging it with a player to move up in the draft, packaging it with a player for another player, kicking the can ; ) and trading it for a future first, or any other possibility you can dream up) I will donate $100.

Unfortunately we won't know for a few years. But I hope we make the playoffs and we never know. Because I actually root for the team to win games.

If we were talking about the potential to draft a game-changing player, then sure it would make sense. Good luck with that at #12... "But but but Kawhi Leonard went 15!!!" Yeah... okay.

5. STR8Thugg

Bottom line is this: To those that want us to miss the playoffs for the pick, I understand your reasoning. I just vehemently disagree. Obviously we all want to see the Rockets to win another championship. Certainly there are other and much better ways to get that done than missing the playoffs for the NUMBER 12 pick (hopefully :confused:) in the draft. This is the NBA in case anyone forgot. NOT THE NFL. That pick isn't worth what y'all think it is.

There will be so many more opportunities in free agency and via trade. Not to mention the real issue at hand. COACHING. Get someone that at least somewhat knows what they are doing and a lot of the issues will resolve themselves.

The team still boasts plenty of talent, but I agree we are a few key pieces away. I hope the progression of Capela, Harrell, McDaniels, Beasley, and others will point us back in the right direction.

Those terrible years of finishing 9th every time with Brooks, Lowry, and Scola and now we are wishing for that? I mean wow...

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

J.R is 100% right and you look stupid for trying to call his fanhood into question. I don't know where you get off acting like that but you are completely in the wrong here.

7. STR8Thugg

I don't know where y'all get off rooting against your own team. Go Jazz right?

8. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

I do not want to see the Rockets get embarrassed four more times by the Spurs or Warriors.

No thanks to playoffs.

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

I dont understand what is wrong with you people.

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

You're not a Rockets fan for seeing the bigger picture. Real Rockets fans want to see the Rockets play for 4 more games even if it means getting blown out by 20+ every game! YEAH! REAL ROCKETS FANS!!1 You certainly enjoy bleeding red...out of your anus b/c the Dubs are going to violate us. It's not rape if you want it i guess...

1 person likes this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

I just want to understand why the team’s second leading scorer is only playing 6 mins a game

12. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

The probability of a Houston upset in the 1st round against Golden State is much less than Houston missing the playoffs and winning the lottery (which would be roughly a 3.5% chance at a top 3 pick).

My opinion of course, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a level-headed fan who would put Houston's odds at anywhere near 10%.

You add in the chance of the pick actually working or being packaged in a trade, and it's very reasonable to prefer missing the playoffs to keep the pick.

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Its going over your head, I won't waste my time in explaining. There is a reason that the owner of this site actually took the time out to create this thread.

1 person likes this.
  14. STR8Thugg

Well thank you for not wasting any more of my time with your genius insight. I'm definitely going to give you rep for that.

I don't understand why you have to make everything personal. But sure keep being condescending and acting like you know everything. I'm so dumb I know nothing about basketball. We can take the Warriors in THREE GAMES FOR SURE!

And There is also a reason Clutch posts on the main page: "BIG GAME BLOWN" when we lose to the Mavs the other day.

If the goal was to miss the playoffs for the 12th pick did we really blow it?

15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I didn't do that at all, you did.

Maybe you shouldn't tell other people posting on a rockets site to root for other teams and call them bad fans.

Anyways, good day I don't have anything against you I just hate it when people start throwing stuff like that around.

16. STR8Thugg

You called me stupid and said it was "over my head" trying to understand why y'all would want them to lose. Sounds like you made it personal to me.

Anyway like I said I understand the reasons y'all are giving. I just simply disagree...a lot. And I've been reading stuff on here about tanking since December. It's really gotten on my nerves so I finally decided to post out against it.

17. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

This team doesn't deserve playoffs. All core players especially harden needs to be shown some humility. Maybe harden won't come into the season out of friggin shape

18. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Yes and I was one of them. I've been saying they need to tank for months. Dwight is gone and FAs aren't going to come here, if I have to watch the rocket lose to get better one day I'm for it. I care about this team even if I have to watch them lose.

You could float around 500 forever, or you could take a chance. Half of this roster will be pruned this summer, the rockets are set back more than when we didn't even have Dwight, its a complete rebuild situation and you need the draft.

Why you would sacrifice that for 4 games is beyond comprehension. Of course its better to watch more games and win, but short term it hurts us.

So if you think rationally, its not even a question.

19. Chamillionaire

This team doesn't deserve to play in the playoffs. They don't play as a team, they don't play defense, and mostly they don't play hard.

20. Lightsnowaction

Got to change my mind and say yes, make the playoffs. I've seen previous teams like the Knicks, Pacers, and even Dallas to an extent, that have missed the playoffs for one.year and were forced to rebuild and are struck being a reoccurring first round exit, 8th seed, or in the Knicks case, multiple lottery team.
    Now, I really want the pick, but I feel that our franchise would go down a dark hole and could possibly become mediocre and possibly lose Harden.