1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Fast and Furious: Fast 8

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

April 14, 2017

Starring Vin & Friends

Directed by F. Gary Gray (Straight Outta Compton)

[​IMG]

Charlize Theron Joins ‘Fast 8’

Charlize Theron has officially joined the cast “Fast 8,” the next installment in Universal’s long-running “Fast and Furious” franchise, sources confirm to Variety.

Details behind the role are vague, but she’s expected to be playing some sort of villain. The studio went to the star early for the role, but because the script was still being written, Theron did not want to commit to anything until a finished draft was completed.

Even after a script was finished by Chris Morgan and Theron was happy with the end result, she still had to weigh her options as the actress was also attached to star in the Sony spy thriller “The Grey Man,” which is considered a huge franchise opportunity for Theron and Sony. Insiders say since the “Grey Man” script was originally intended for a man, Sony had the script rewritten; because of delays in delivering a brand new script, Theron’s schedule opened up, eventually leading to talks with the two parties.

The latest installment begins production this summer with a planned April 14, 2017, release. Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Tyrese Gibson and Michelle Rodriguez will reprise their roles, with F. Gary Gray taking over the directing reins. Neil Moritz and Diesel will produce.

Theron, who is repped by WME, can be seen next in “The Huntsman: Winter’s War” as well as “Brain on Fire” opposite Chloe Moretz. Deadline Hollywood first reported the news.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Tom Cruise should join the gang and replace Paul Walker.

3. Rox11

Rox11 Member

What a joke

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

wtf is this ****

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Minority James Bond. Instead of wearing tuxedos everywhere and schtupping exotic white chicks, they're street racing and doing illegal stuff but cops are cool with it, I think.

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

People still watch these movies?

Tokyo drift was cool...I guess.

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The last few installments have been nothing like the first ones and Fast Five is easily one of the best action movies of the decade. In fact five, six and seven have all gotten great reviews from critics and fans alike. There's a reason these films are making a load of money...they're a helluva lot of fun.

That said I don't know how much longer they can milk this, but bringing in Theron as a villain is definitely not a bad thing. And hopefully Kurt Russell comes back as Mr Nobody.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Looks like people are trying too hard to hate on this movie, asking if people still watch these movies in a disingenuous way. These movies are some of the most popular movies ever. Damn hipsters trying to go against the grain and hate on something that's popular.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I enjoyed 5 & 6. Downloaded 7th (because PW died), but haven't seen it yet. I've realized that I've been burnt out by car chase/race movies. Is this what it feels like with some people being burnt out by superhero movies?

10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Fast & Furiosa!

At this rate, I bet they do a non-stop chase scene through the desert into a storm. These hacks have no dignity left. What started out as a cool expose on underground street racing has evolved into Hollywood's version of Hot Wheels. Simply, add a new track, new cars, and new loops and off you go towards a billion worldwide.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Charlize Theron contaminates seemingly every film franchise out there. ;)

Also, I hated the FF7 tribute just because it made no sense in the context of the film's plot. All of a sudden, Dom grows a conscience and thinks about his brother from another mother who is still alive in the film but he is thinking about him like he's dead. Trying to blend reality into fiction like that...probably would have worked if it was the final film. I get they wanted to do something but that didn't do it for me.

#11 Surfguy, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

:grin: lmao its an 8th part to a series!! Perfectly valid question, I remember the first one coming out when I was a kid and then 2Fast2Furious...I don't know how they jumped like 5 movies but I'll give it a try one day.
    Well, they're clearly doing something right then, haven't seen this much support for a movie in a while, especially a long series like this one.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The last 3 movies have nothing in common with the first 4 aside from the same cast. The first movies were OK, not really that good, but people like cars so they made money.

Fast 5 was completely different, it was an action heist movie and it was shockingly entertaining. They don't even do car races anymore, in fact cars serve only for chase sequences. If I were suggesting theses movies to somebody, I would say watch the original, then skip straight to Fast 5.

14. VanityHalfBlack

You nerds went and saw batman vs superman and now this one is not up your speed? Shut up!! They added Furiousa into the mix, how could you not want to see this?

15. VanityHalfBlack

I thought people go to movies to be entertain? Am I doing it wrong?

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I didn't see that and haven't watched a single comic book film since the mid-90s. In fact I'm grateful to be old enough to remember the very first one, Nicholson playing crazies again and relating to millenials for more than just attending Lakers' games, Keaton peaking and Burton not having made any Depp movies to telegraph all his suburban goth childhood issues.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

People go to donkey shows and Carman concerts for the same reason, doesn't make them watchable.

18. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Fast & Furiosa!

At this rate, I bet they do a non-stop chase scene through the desert into a storm. These hacks have no dignity left. What started out as a cool expose on underground street racing has evolved into Hollywood's version of Hot Wheels. Simply, add a new track, new cars, and new loops and off you go towards a billion worldwide.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

They're faster now, but not really furious anymore.

Makes sense that they call this one Fast 8.

20. VanityHalfBlack

Hahhahaha. good point.;)