1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Simple Question: Do you want the playoffs or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 6, 2016.

?

Do you want the Rockets to make the playoffs?

1. YES, forget the first round pick

172 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. NO, I prefer the lottery pick

371 vote(s)
    68.3%
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The 6th seed is more or less off the table. If the Rockets make the playoffs, they are going to be facing a team with a historically great record, whether it's Golden State or San Antonio. This team is almost guaranteed to see major changes this offseason.

Throw in the unique element of the Ty Lawson trade, where the Rockets lose their first round pick if they make the playoffs but keep it if they don't (and the debt becomes a relatively harmless second round pick in 2017), and there are some stakes involved.

I know that no one with the Rockets wants to miss the playoffs for just that pick. Les Alexander invested near $100 million in this team and he only focuses on the playoffs. Missing the playoffs could have repurcusions.

I thought for sure the Rockets would go through this tough stretch and the question would be answered for us, but sure enough, the Rockets are right on the bubble with four cream puff games remaining.

But as a fan, with four games left ... what do you want?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hey, didn't I do this thread last week?

:)

Yes to the playoffs.

DD

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

There should be a third option - NO, hopefully Les than fires Murray and JB

4. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I'll take the lottery pick. I've seen enough of this team. I just want this disaster to be over asap.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I want complete humiliation and Les angry.

Making the playoffs would line Les' pockets with extra cash and Morey would feed us some garbage about, "darkhorse".

I want the team humiliated and outside

6. TheresTheDagger

Why would I want to add the humiliation of this season by watching us get swept in 4 games of double digit blowouts?

At least missing the playoffs we have a slight chance at a high lottery pick, AND the added bonus of knowing we have major offseason changes coming. Pack it in and regroup for next season.

Lets go ASTROS!!!

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

How many of these damn threads do we need that ask......oh wait, this is by Clutch. Good thread! Great question! :)

I've made no secret about wanting that pick if the 6th seed wasn't possible. And as it now seems like a long shot(even 7th is unlikely), let's just miss the postseason and an inevitable sweep by the Warriors and keep the pick. We'll need it anyway given how many roster changes are coming.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What does "reprucusions" mean? If it means higher ticket prices and beer, then whatever, if it means something stupid like moving Harden or Morey, then the answer is obvious.

A single pick is kinda meh, especially with a weak draft, now the Dmo trade had gone through, having 2 picks would have been great because you could have some real trade options in the offseason for trade.

I'll say playoffs.

9. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

This. I want to get Morey and co fired so bad

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

At this point, it's up to the players. If they want to tank for the pick, I can understand, and so be it. If they try their best to make the playoffs, I'm going to be rooting for them to win each game.

btw: PHX and SAC have just as much desire to lose games for draft position, too. Might be tough to lose to them. LAL and MIN seem somewhat set in their positions.

11. count_dough-ku

It's not just the pick. It's also the humiliation of going from 56 wins and the WCF to being sub-.500 and missing the postseason. Even Les can't spin that one. He'll have to make major changes this summer including possibly even firing Morey. As much as it pains me to say it, winding up in the lottery is the best thing that could happen to this organization right now.

12. basketballholic

LOL. Like the sixth seed would make a difference?

Gimmeabreak

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Nobody want Morey select another Sam Dekker or Royance White...

Playoffs of course.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

But anyway, we stands 0 chance to make it with JBB as coach.

15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Don't even care much about a late lottery pick just sick and tired of this year's team.

16. count_dough-ku

Who's to say Morey will be the one selecting the player? The draft is nearly 2 1/2 months after the end of the regular season. If Morey gets canned, it'll be immediately. There would be another GM in place well before the draft rolls around.

17. TheresTheDagger

Wishful thinking. Morey will definitely be picking. But this coming season will be his last if he doesn't make huge strides.

18. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

I want whatever gives us the best chance at getting good free agents. For me that's making the playoffs. While I would bet on us beating golden state, you never know. They are lookin more beatable latly. Maybe they have an injury or so,etching and we advance. I'd rather have the chance even if it's a long shot. Not like we're gonna get a good pick anyways

19. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Yes, I want to make the playoffs. The first round pick is something I'd love to have, and while we would accomplish nothing in the first round this is a great franchise and the fans deserve to see their team in the playoffs.

We shouldn't be spoiled as fans. There are plenty other teams that wish they had our record. We have the luxury to be a contending playoff team. We should absolutely try our best to make the playoffs.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

What a cluster**** . I'm longing for the days of 12-13 when we had a young team on the upswing , or even 13-14 after getting Dwight and having hope that we finally had two superstars .