1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Racial Bias in treating black patients

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They mean their skin is literally thicker. Read more carefully.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It's not just with students though - I quoted a study above showing that blacks get worse treatment for breast cancer compared to whites.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Maybe I missed something but the study you posted is from more than 30 years ago.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Would you be surprised to find out poor people in general get worse treatment?

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

All I know is that black football players don't bleed easily on tackles that would break me. But then you see white guys like JJ Watt and Brian Cushing constantly bleeding. Coincidence? I think not.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

My scientific research says black don't crack

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Fair point. Here's one that is more recent on different treatments to heart attacks: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=3401076&page=1

These studies should control for that (by looking at same hospital systems)

8. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I really want to read the data... I mean, we're talking med students right? Guys and gals who passed the mcat...

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Everyone knows the poors have super thick skin. That's why they're so poorly vaccinated worldwide, them big ole needles are just cost prohibitive for them. Donate Oxfarm today to make a difference.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I have a cardiologist friend (he's Persian in case you're wondering) that I'll ask about this study. It only talks about blacks and whites. There are clearly more than black and white doctors.