1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the warriors going to win 73?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Nov 10, 2015.

Tags:
?

73?

1. yes

233 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. no

182 vote(s)
    43.9%
  1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Awesome, is he the demon basketball god now? :eek:

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

3. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

That was awesome.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Klay was talking about the Squash club. He and Steph have a standing game every Tursday morning. Read the article man!

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He said clubbing wasn't as fun AFTER they won a title. That's why Harden never wants to win a championship. :grin:

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Luc Longley is awesome.

[rquoter]
    The Bulls starting center from that storied team called his old teammate recently to discuss this unique moment in basketball history and Kerr’s place in it. It was, quite clearly, a failed attempt to subvert the Warriors on this final stretch.

“He had a great line,” said a smiling Kerr, whose Warriors host the Minnesota Timberwolves on Tuesday before facing the San Antonio Spurs and the Memphis Grizzlies twice apiece in the final four games.

“He said ‘You know, you haven’t thought this through obviously.’

And I said, ‘What do you mean?’

And he said, ‘Your coaching legacy is already established. You won a championship, so people are going to know down the road that you were a good coach. But as a player, you were mediocre at best. So if you break this record and you don’t have that record as a player, nobody’s ever going to remember you as a player, so what are you thinking?’

And I said, ‘Are you talking about you or me, Luc?’

He said, ‘both.’”[/rquoter]

9. noize

noize Contributing Member

There's a good chance they will break the Bull's record. The key question is, will it be worth all of their energy and effort to where there's almost nothing left in the gas tank when they enter the playoff? What's more important, breaking the regular season record, or winning the championship?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

the energy and effort part is a little overstated at this point. they aren't some aging injury riddled team. don't think that's much of a factor at all especially calling it "all of their energy and effort".

There remaining 5 games aren't exactly that great. likely will face a rested spurs team twice, memphis who are now forced to play the end of the bench, and minny.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

We all saw what it did to the 72-10 Bulls... of wait, nevermind.

I do wonder what it does to their psyche going into the playoffs if they've tried this hard all season but end up stumbling at the end and falling just short. Honestly, I think they'd be just fine. They'd have a first round chump while they work through the 4 stages of grief and by the time they'd get to the second round would probably be focused again. But, I can see how falling short could cause a little depression.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They just won a championship, the record is something unique.

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

"73 IS IMPOSSIBLE.......," shouted KG on the bench of the T-Wolves

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

That anyone could consider this the greatest team of all time after the past few weeks is a joke. Everyone invested in the team is coming out with all sorts of excuses. They've minimally exerted themselves most of the season. They were trying to win this game and blew it. They won't claim the record.

15. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Warriors picking a great time to start breaking down :)

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

they're going to get beat my SA. The spurs are as well oiled as I've ever seen them.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Bulls losses - @Magic, @Sonics, @Pacers, @Nuggets, @Suns, @Heat, @Knicks, @Raptors, vs Hornets, vs Pacers.

Some of the losses the Warriors have had this season...eww...

Tonight just illustrates that taking Draymond Green out of the game is very very very important. The dude makes them go...The Timberpups pulled it out, bc Green didnt play. FACT.

Curry and Thompson just become chuckers without Green who really does the dirty work for their team. Teams are slowly figuring out how to guard them on the perimeter...and what works. Right now what is proven is LENGTH on the perimeter...Teams like the Bucks, and Timberwolves caused real issues for them, but so did Detroit(close W's), Magic (close W's) and Boston(first loss at home for the season)...

I expect the Spurs and Clippers to take note...

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I thought Pop was gonna rest his starters.

19. Asian Sensation

Yup. Hassan Whiteside was causing all sorts of issues inside as well as outside when he came out to defend the perimeter before the Warriors closed out a close game.

Tony Allen was giving them all kinds of fits last year while going up 2-1 before he got hurt as well.

Beas, Smoove, Brewer, Ariza, Capela are all long and good enough to slow them down shall we meet them. We really should be a lot better. I don't think JB believes in taking notes though.

Spurs will beat them. Leonard will lock **** down like Allen did last year but even better while providing offense and the Warriors will have no answer to stop LMA.

20. Asian Sensation

I think the Spurs can still win even if they don't have home court throughout but I don't think you can underestimate the value of a game 7 at home if it comes down to that which it very well could. I think Pop knows that as well but I can see him outsmarting himself and resting the starters. I think the smart thing to do is win both and secure home court. Getting that 1st seed also means likely facing Utah or Memphis. The starters will have plenty of time to rest if they do face either aforementioned team and close it out early. If they get second They'll likely play us or Dallas and even if it's a quick series it won't be easy.