1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

in Rockets related news

Stromile Swift was in attendance last night we saw him walking around one of the main entrance areas when going to our seats

2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lots of post-WM 32 thoughts, but I think the prevailing sentiment is that story lines were not advanced, 'over' guys like Ambrose and Styles didn't get the push that comes from a WM win, and Roman is Rocky/Cena for the Reality Era.

It was obvious from the promo they showed before the Reigns fight that he wasn't going to turn heel. Maybe they need to have him be the snarky good guy that is always pranking on the authority for him to get over. Kind of an inverse Austin character in the sense that he started off as a babyface? His Hogan/Cena in-ring story is just not something people are interested in anymore. It almost seemed like he needs to be in a 3-way match to create that sense of he might not win for his matches to have any intrigue. The inevitability of him going over last night hung over the entire stadium - heck, HHH even got introduced first as the defending champ. Just terrible booking. Although, Steph looked great, IMO!

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Still here in the Dallas/North Texas area. Awaiting Raw tonight.

Thoughts on the show and experience. It was a total cluster**** to get in. It was shoulder to shoulder on the lower level. People didn't know how to get upstairs or know how to get to the floor and floor risers. It could have been very Hillsborough. I missed the US title match, which I didn't care too much about.

Zach Ryder. That's the last person I figured would win the thing. I don't know how it advances any story. I bet he drops it at the next event. I'm not big on Ryder like a lot of people are. I just don't see it. Where do people go from there? I thought KO would win by costing Sami the almost win, and they could feud for the IC title for a few months.

Thought Charlotte would win, and she did. Thought it would be at the expense of Becky. I hope Sasha gets her win at WrestleMania next year. I think she chases Charlotte the second half of the year. I think Becky wins the title later in the summer but Charlotte gets it back. I don't think Bayley comes in for a while. Or she might show up tonight. What the hell do I know.

Shane and Undertaker was plodding and slow and understandable. It kinda looked like an I respect you kinda match.

My piss match was the Brock Dean match. After a good six or seven minutes, I could tell this was gonna suck. So I skipped out on it.

I actually cheered for Roman just so I can say I've been cheering for Roman before it was cool. If there was a time for a heel turn it would be tonight, and I cannot wait for everyone to cheer him tonight on his heel run and say you dummies were booing him last night.

Steph stole a page from Beyonce's playbook with that outfit.

That's all I remember off the top of my head.

4. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Event was great from my floor seats.... Triple H/Reigns was anti climatic and after Taker/Shane and The Rock's promo they never had a chance. The Stone Cold pop was worth the price to go. It was good to see the the middle fingers flying and the stone cold stunners. Seeing the reactions of 100k fans live puts the internet complaining into perspective.

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

There was a large amount of ppl going ape**** and cheering around ringside when Reigns won too.

6. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

Large amount? Hardly. If you mean WWE piping in fake cheers when Reigns got the 3 count then yes, you are correct.

7. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

I don't think Charlotte is too far off when she said she wants to be one of the women who main events Mania. Honestly with what we saw last night, if the Women's triple threat was the main event and last match, I would've been ok with that.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Aside from saying that Styles/Jericho is the best feud of 2016 (there's no way AJ should have lost at Mania and that docks 10 points from that feud automatically for me) I agree with everything you just said.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Horrible mania.

-IC match was best thing.
    -Women's triple threat was second best. Flair needs to be taken off tv. Stop involving him with everything.
    -Lesnar/Ambrose was okay but should have been much better.

Good analysis.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

No, I can see thousands of people jumping up and down and clapping throughout the lower levels.

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

It could have main evented last nights WM. I don't think that was the best match I've seen with any of the 3 since they've been called up too WWE TV certainly not the stuff they did on TakeOvers though. It was still damn good though.

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

What's been a better WWE fued this year?

12. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I think tonight makes up for last night.

Predictions:

1.) Jericho beats Ryder for IC Title.
    2.) Cody ditches Stardust gimmick.
    3.) Joe debuts.
    4.) Gallows/Anderson debut.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I liked Ambrose vs Owens more.

Only way tonight makes up for it is if Bullet Club is formed, someone important turns heel, and someone like Angle comes back.

14. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Apparently Dean was pushing for way more violent weapons and spots but management wouldn't go for it.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I completely believe that. The guy used to wrestle in CZW and do dumb (unecessary) things.

The Reigns match was more "hardcore" than the "street fight"

The match Ambrose-Owens had was a true street fight. I bet Brock didn't want those spots either.

What a joke.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm going to go with Joe debuting tonight.

17. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Falcon Arrow on Reddit has been dropping hints if you want to be spoiled

Ryder is dropping the belt tonight,
    He says he hears the AAC is pretty "real" so that means "The Realest Guys in the Room" Enzo and Cass
    Says at least 2 returns and other debuts

I'm going to go Gallows/Anderson, Enzo and Cass, Baron Corbin, Cesaro.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol at the disclaimer from the announcers about crowd reaction.

WWE has some passionate fans! :p

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Did they randomly just turn the Wyatts face? Wtf lmao.

20. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The Wyatts took down the League of Nations?

Awesome, I can dig that.