1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] Rainbow Six | Siege

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ATXRocket, Dec 7, 2015.

1. ATXRocket

ATXRocket New Member

I looked but could not find a thread on this game. Apologies if it's already going...

There are still some bugs to work out but I haven't had this much fun with a FPS since the original MW. The level of teamwork required is awesome.

Anyone else playing?

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Rainbow Six came out with a new game? How is the multiplayer?

and welcome to the board (what was your original moniker doe?).

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

All it is is multiplayer, otherwise I would have bought it. I guess 60 bucks is the new price for multiplayer only games like this and Star Wars.

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Didn't know it was multiplayer only. The trailers looked great, made it seem like a very tactical shooter. But multiplayer only? No, thanks. I don't need teammates. #kobe

5. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

As someone who played Rainbow 6 3 and Rainbow 6 3 black arrow religiously, I'll be getting this game. I really hope they add a team survival mode. I'll probably get it late next week.

All of the Rainbows have been terrible since black arrow. This one has my hopes up.

6. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

Sorry about that. This is my original moniker and I'm not sure why I didn't log in with it the first time. I've been around a little while...just took a break from all things BBS after accidentally wandering into the D&D.

Anyway back to the game:

It is multiplayer only (sort of). There is no campaign. There are three current modes:

1. Situations - Single Player "scenarios" that really just left me wanting a campaign
    2. Multiplayer - Casual and Ranked
    3. Terrorist Hunt - Multiplayer or Solo play vs computer AI on three different difficulty levels

The multiplayer aspect of this game is probably the best in an FPS I've seen in a long time. A lot of games have tried to do the destructible environment thing in the past but Siege got it right.

If I wasn't having so much fun with the multiplayer then I'd probably be pissed about the price tag. They short-changed fans on the single player campaign and without giving any spoilers away... the last Situation is called "Article 5" and is what could have been a phenomenal campaign but feels more like a ***** you from the developer haha.

For those who want to be spoiled...

7. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

Completely agree with your comments with the exception of the story behind Vegas. While I wasn't crazy about the actual gameplay, I thought the single player campaign was phenomenal.

I've been a fan of Rainbow Six since the original and my interest in that was only sparked from my love of the Tom Clancy book.

8. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

So anyone still playing this? I got this free with my graphics card when I built my PC and in December and I'm still hooked on it. The multi-player is amazing, communication is key and Iove the environment destruction.

If anyone is on PC, add me!

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I play this religiously on xb1, love it so much better than cod.

10. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

dang it! we could have played together brehh. need more peeps who mic consistently

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I like this game but everyone just yells at me and tells me to uninstall lol.

12. LCAhmed

I can't do mouse and keyboard, I'm too much of a noob and I would get owned so quickly.

13. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I initially felt the same way, but it's actually not that bad of an adjustment. Apart from when I'm freezing and my body is shaking and when someone comes out of nowhere and scared the **** out of me and I end up shaking the mouse like a crazy person lol.

I recently just started playing doc a lot and he's a beast!! I'm getting a lot better with rook to when using an ACOG on the mp5, that gun is siiick. My gameplay with the acog sight has improved overall, just need more practice with it in indoors firefights. Thatcher, ash, rook, and doc have been my go to operators lately.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If you ever decide to start, you should start with Counter Strike: Global Offensive on the PC. They have the most helpful and non-toxic community in all of multiplayer gaming!

15. LCAhmed

So I bit the bullet last night after the game and bought rainbow six siege on pc. However it is on uplay and am not sure it'll sync with steam Users. Tried playing a couple situations to get a feel for things. I definitely suck the bbc right now vs console version. Hope to develop and compete online soon

16. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Yes brehhh! Add me! Deadmanr33k

Master the strafing!

17. LCAhmed

I got you when I get back in town

18. LCAhmed

Jesus, can't believe it's been a month. Anyway, my PC has been dead for some reason and I just haven't had time to fix it yet. I started a new job 3 weeks ago and have a licensed exam I am studying for that I take Monday. I figure once I'm done with that, my time should open up quite a bit to do things. Love Rainbow Six Siege, I'm addicted.