1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans sign Brock Osweiler

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 9, 2016.

?

Do you like the Brock Osweiler signing?

1. YES

68.7%
  2. NO

10.0%
  3. I abstain, courteously

21.3%
  1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Someone needs to challenge Ian St. Clair to a boxing match. Let's see who has the "penchant for losing" then.

2. conquistador#11

he's going to be on seth and mike's show.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/sackedbybmac">@sackedbybmac</a> Follow me back and we can work out the details.</p>&mdash; Ian St. Clair (@IanStClair) <a href="https://twitter.com/IanStClair/status/715930958541824001">April 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Ah, so this guy's not only a journalistic hack, but a Twitter w****.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Anyone hear Ian's interview on 610? Heard he kept shuffling his notes when he was getting grilled

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Ian has a link to it on his Twitter feed. It's a very strange, 100% sour grapes argument.

His entire argument is that the Texans acted rash and brazen because they didn't do due diligence. He apparently would have been ok with the signing, despite the price tag, had the Texans and Brock spent 4 or 5 days dating first.

He mentions John Elways "patience" multiple times, evne referring to how Kapernick would be a perfect fit in the offense and they want him, but Elway isn't going to overpay for him.

And maybe he's right... but to me, Elway's patience this offseason has basically taken away any chance Denver has had to repeat as champions.

With Brock, they had a chance. With Mark Sanchez, cmon. And they want to trade for Kap still... but only if he takes a paycut? Cmon. For one, why would he do that? Chip Kelly is probably a better fit for him. For two, Kapernick is a step down from what Brock would have been for them, which is that steady familiar hand to try and repeat the formula. Elway's patience this offseason has been a problem. Never mind the fact that Elway being brazen last offseason and firing a really good coach and replacing him with Kubiak was successful.

it's just a strange argument. The rules are the rules. The Texans HAD to act when they did. Brock wasn't waiting around for the Texans to get to know him better when he had a lot of guaranteed money on the table from the Broncos as well.

He's not complaining about other day 1 signings, he's not saying the Texans should have done a week's worth of diligence on Lamar Miller

It's just sour grapes...

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Good post, JayZ.

The Texans demonstrated remarkable patience for years....it was time to go get an effing QB, already.

And I'm with you on Denver...$7 million may be the difference between them and another Super Bowl.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It was highly unlikely Denver was going to repeat even with Brock. They just had one of the more improbable seasons and playoff runs in recent history.... where they were in a position to lose (or should have lost) more than half their games, including in the playoffs.

But that's what a tremendous defense can do for you... it gets that key late turnover or that key late stop that puts your below average offense in a position to win the game.

In the end, Broncos fans should be resigned to enjoying the most improbable of SB seasons... because things always even out, and it could be a long-ass time before they get close to another one (very similar to how Rockets fans have felt following 95,.. those years right after were really tough as they were clearly "chasing it", but it was an ultimately evening-out/fruitless endeavor. I suppose Bulls fans could be in the same boat after 98).

9. conquistador#11

Listened to the interview, Meltzer kept landing body shots. He could have landed the final blow but opted to keep it professional. Seth made the best point when he mockingly pointed out Elway signing Frankenmanning.

If the texans had done it the way Ian envisioned, too many things could botch the signing, like Brock changing his mind. Which then, would have been received with a standing ovation by the ians of the world.

Seth and Mike make are a great combo. I always give meltzer a hard time for being too calculated and not embracing the randomness of sports/life. Numbers are nice but you have to play the games.
    Hopefully, this run by Syracuse opens his mind that "anything is possssssssiiiibllllle"

10. Marteen

Marteen Member

I can't people fell for this guy's bait. I'd say successful troll was successful.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That Ian guy was basically not listening to ANYTHING they were saying to him. Kinda just ignored everything and repeating the same basic ass points

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Was it Ian Rappaport?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, no, Ian St. Clair, some random jagoff from Denver who wrote a dumb article making the Broncos seem smart for going into next season without a QB.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

There is at least one person out there who thinks the Texans should have kept Hoyer over Brock:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x723ciYlDzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't understand why the guy is getting any play here, and why people are up in arms about what he said. I've never heard of him, refuse to listen to his comments, and frankly, refuse to read anything Denver media says about the situation. Of course it's going to be slanted.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Very true, but if you watch the video above, Skip Bayless (I know, another idiot) is saying pretty much the same thing and that helps shape the national narrative.

In the end, it won't really matter, but it's annoying to hear the narrative form.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lmfao! I stopped watching after Useless said he'd take Hoyer over Osweiler and then called Hoyer a gutty gamer. WTF? Who watches these clowns?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly after hearing that, it makes me wonder if Mr Clutch is actually Skip Bayless. I never thought I'd hear someone else sing the praises of Brian Hoyer. Can't be a coincidence.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

And the Broncos will have Kaep and sanchize battling it out for the starting qb job

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, that's ugly.