1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Mein Kampf sold well also.

2. Northside Storm

Not impressed with Trump's money. He basically took an inheritance and tracked the S&P 500, and may have even been below it most times (this despite the fact that NY real estate would have been one hell of a ride in this timespan).

If I wanted to support a dude that could ACTUALLY make billions out of near nothing, I'd support Mark Zuckerberg.

Seeing as how Mark would probably have a better chance against the Democrat nominee though (lol), maybe not.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No, not ever. Can't predict the underlying actions or events accurately enough to create meaningful predictors. Southern conservatives voting for a serial adulterer from New York with no governing experience is all you need to know about trying to project either the general or individual primaries.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Trump is like Michael Scott, sufficiently qualified for the job he has now. Many people with his means simply draw down the trust on club memberships or charitable galas, or focus just enough in prep school and college to manage their friends' wills or portfolios themselves. I don't fault the guy for building, his indiscretion and re-licensing his image beyond his main competencies is a little problematic but he's been genuinely productive.

5. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Trump has his name on everyone in the US's mind.

He's the leading Republican delegate holder despite spending less money than any candidate in recent times.

He has run the most efficient, highest return on investment thus far election in modern times. He also has a brand that everyone in the world knows and licenses it out to people for no-risk royalty streams.

Plus he found a gaping hole in American political society and is capitalizing on it to the tune of a movement not seen in a long time.

Not sure how anyone can not call him a genius??

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

I just showed you that Trump didn't write Art of a Deal - you going to ignore that?

In fact, Trump doesn't invest his own money in nearly any of his deals. That's not how he works. He charges for use of his name. He's a brand. Most of the businesses, including real estate projects - are licensing arrangements.

His net worth is grossly exaggerated. He's been bankrupt twice. The man is not a businessman, he is a celebrity who has the perception of a great businessman and leverages that for licensing.

The fact that you write what you just did, shows you are either a complete troll who is just having fun...or you are a total moron.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Member

Larry Ellison made billions selling...databases. :eek:

8. Dubious

Dubious Member

Trump is a snake oil salesman.

9. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member

Today is the day that we find out that it was Sacha Baron Cohen in makeup pulling a prank on us all along.

1 person likes this.
  10. Northside Storm

Larry built an empire on technology that quickly became antiquated, and he hasn't innovated on top of it, so Google and Facebook have (hello NoSQL). He also created a toxic environment that ultimately led to Oracle fracturing at the seams. About the only good thing that has come out of Oracle is the number of people who had to leave to re-found things, though they don't have the impact, or the cohesion of the Paypal Mafia (Yelp, Linkedin, Tesla, SpaceX, Palantir, Square, Slide, Youtube).

Mark is making smart bets on artificial intelligence, VR/AR, and machine learning--Yann Lecun is doing great work there making advances that will propel humanity to the 22nd century and beyond. React.js is the open-source hero framework of the day--even Wordpress has moved to it. Mark has built an engineering and maker culture that is the pride of Silicon Valley--itself one of the most vibrant and dynamic parts of the broader American economy.

I know which man I'd want for president. Not all about the $$$$$ COHETO ROJO

(note above are all of the worst words Donald Trump doesn't understand)

11. BleedRocketsRed

One Rich ******* Called Larry Ellison

12. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I think the Nazis referred to it as Instinct over Reason.

1 person likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

"Well, I trust my gut" - G.W Bush

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

That's totally false.

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Here's why I'm a Trump supporter. I consider socially liberal and economically conservative. A businessman who is going to lower taxes and bring in jobs is a perfect candidate for me. I truly believe Trump doesn't care about gay marriage and abortion and he is only playing up to his support base. He has to say these things or else he wont get the votes, simple as that. Trump is way more moderate then Ted Cruz who is considered the only "true conservative". I think at the end of day Liberal and conservative is only a label. Why can't I pro military but anti-war or pro gun but think there should be some kind of gun control.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Trump is genius in a Jersey Shore sorta way.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Trump might or might not care about abortion and gay marriage. However, since the GOP base cares about these things, if Trump wants to get re-elected, he is going to have to continue heeding their preference while he is in office.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Best sellers aren't written. They're manufactured. 'Fabricated' might be an even better word.

19. okierock

okierock Member

WOW we are talking re-election already

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

I doubt Trump gets elected. Just talking about what he would do IF elected.