1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Then Mandate was to kill him

Rocket River

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It has to be consistent with its own internal logic

If you say BATMAN cannot do this .. . then 20 minutes late he does that
    You don't get to pull out the lame excuse of "Well, it's a comic book movie its not suppose to be realistic"

That is just ****ty lazy writing

Rocket River

3. bigben69

bigben69 Member

You might want to spoiler that.

4. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I can't argue with that. He is more weak-minded in this for sure.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Me Too.
    I was thinking they could have same the time and money
    cause the Cameos did nothing for me

Rocket River

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I was wondering

Why did they shave Lex's head at the end
    It was not for an execution . .. so what prison shaves your head as you go in

Rocket River

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So was Batman

Rocket River

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Maybe as a favor so he didn't look so "girly".

9. conquistador#11

lex luthor is probably disgraced by the way the western media portrays him. Gene hackman played him as an arrogant dork with horrible fashion. kevin spacey wasn't any better. this lex luthor was a moody millennial that would serve better as a sports station host than arch enemy of the world's greatest protector.
    The closest was Smallville Luthor.

10. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Yeah, if they had gotten rosenbaum to play his version of luther, i would've given this movie a 10 on principle.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This movie is a firm 6/10. It wasn't horrible. Affleck was freaking amazing as Batman. I would watch him in a Batman flick by himself. The main flaw of this movie is that it tried to do too much. The build up to why the two heroes are fighting each other is rather weak. Eisenberg was an awful Lex Luther. He was neurotic, he had zero charisma, just a bad all around cast. Amy Adams was a great Louis Lane. The rest were rather meh. Wonder woman had little to no play in this one either. I think if they paired some stuff down, this could have been an amazing thrill ride. Instead, it was just ok.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rosenbaum was the best

Rocket River

13. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

I liked Rosenbaum's Lex as well but my favorite was John Shea's take on him from Lois and Clark. That show also had my favorite version of Perry White as well with Lane Smith manning that role.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Man of Steel was incredible this movie simple blew me away -- I can't believe so many people just don't get 'it'... best superhero film ever.

15. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Seemed rushed. I feel like it's One of those I need to watch again to really like.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't get the hate, honestly. I'm not being sarcastic like Kingcheetah, I genuinely enjoyed this movie and respect how ambitious it was.

I didn't like lex Luthor but that was because his name was Luthor. the performance itself was fine it just didn't fit what I wanted.

Honestly if the just recast Luthor I wouldn't even register a complaint. Sincerely enjoyed it, did not find the first half boring at all, as stunningly surprised at how I felt about affleck and am thoroughly impressed with cavil as superman.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It will be interesting to see how many people watch it a second time. The more times goes by since I watched it the more I feel like I need to see the scenes I liked again but I also feel like the stuff I didn't like will make more sense the second time around.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is an example of missing what's right in front of you.

Who cares what the mandate was? Superman had no intention of trying to kill batman, he was trying to talk him into helping him. The fact that he wasn't even trying to fight is the only reason he got himself setup by batman. They did s good job of making the fight between the plausible when straight up it isn't

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lex Luther is one of us brah. He's a hooper. Hes also an inspiration for us young successful people.

20. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I saw it. Didnt think it was awful. Ben was a GREAT batman and bruce wayne which is a huge thing you have to keep in mind! Its a fun movie, somewhat confusing with all the dream sequences and flashbacks, but a solid base for the next 10 movies they want to churn out