1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bleek, Mar 28, 2016.

?

Would you trade harden for good offer?

1. Yes

51 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. No

100 vote(s)
    59.2%
  3. Whats the point.

18 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Stupid thread.

James Harden never should be traded!!!!

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Great! We are back to where we started!

Maybe we can brink back Scola & Hayes for one more run...

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Sometimes I think this team doesn't deserve to own James Harden because of fans like OP.

4. ibm

ibm Member

never? are you sure? he's already been traded once.

and okc is doing just fine, even better than us this season.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely!! If it makes this team better I am for it as well! Heck especially if we were offered Abthony Davis.

6. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I wouldn't trade Harden for the entire Celtics team

I might trade him for Brad Stevens though

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think Lebron has regressed to a point where Harden would be fair or even better value than Lebron at this point in their careers. The "King" has clearly regressed a bit over the seasons and it shows. It would be a win it all kind of thing though as Lebron doesn't have much time left. And I honestly think the Cavs would consider it.

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

for the right deal.... anybody is tradeable... I'd love to get a Hershel Walker type deal that could set us up for years to come...

anybody that wouldn't CONSIDER offers should not be taken seriously...

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only player I'd trade Harden for is Curry or Davis. Neither of those is going to happen.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If Minny offered us KAT and Wiggins I'd b**** slap Morey myself if he didn't take it.

A good offer is a good offer.

11. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

No because the team almost made the Finals with his leadership.

For multiple reasons, this season is has been awful.

But with the right talent, the Rockets can get back to that kind of success.

12. rockets13champs

if we stay stagnant for the next 2 years yes. I dont want to see the knicks situation here.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Even if Harden is threatening to leave, you have until February of 2018 to keep him until you can't get value back. So you have all of the 2016/17 season and the off-seasons before and after to make the Harden situation continue to work the way it did before this one (and really he was still brilliant alot this season).

You already have a top 5 player on your roster. The question really is "Why Wouldn't You Want to TRY and Make it Work" if you have time to fix the issues???

The Rockets (and many other teams like Dallas w/ Dirk, etc.) have alot of history to show that you should try and make it work with your superstar (flawed or not) if you have the ability to. The Rockets need to try and make it work. There are few trades out there (even a Harden for Anthony Davis trade is questionable) that truly put the team in a better position to win a title. There are better players like Durant, and Lebron, but they aren't trade options... only free agents who are choosing their own destiny the next few years.

So .... NO.

14. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Not sure if there's a limit to picks involved in a trade, but I'd take Boston's all available trad-able picks(should be close to 20 first and 10 second rounders).

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I no longer vote in non-public polls, unless Clutch starts them. Hasn't this been done before, anyway? Give it a rest. And no, I wouldn't trade him. Morey would be certifiably mad if he did.

16. roro12

roro12 Member

What about Avery Bradley sully and crowder and those picks

17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We can trade him after we use him to get Dorant

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No, he has elite skills. Even with all of his faults, he can flat out ball. There are only a handful of guys in the NBA that have Harden's skills. Look at his down year, he's still putting up great stats. All he needs to do is get the right coach and mature a bit.

19. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Picks are overrated. Morey esp. knows that, so unless he's flipping them for something big(ger), it isn't really for drafting.

Hinkie even said that aside from SOME years, with SOME top 3 picks, it is generally a crapshoot. It's why 76ers have just tried to hoard picks with the idea that more attempts = greater chance to get a great player. I imagine Hinkie and Morey probably think somewhat alike.

Top picks just do not guarantee top talent. Look at the last few drafts...2011 top 5 were Kyrie, who is good but worse than Harden AND unlike Harden, Kyrie gets hurt a lot; then Derrick Williams, Enes Kanter, Tristan Thompson and Valanciunas. You want to move Harden for a shot at that? Or 2012, Anthony Davis, a #1 pick but a much heralded #1 pick (like LBJ). During the few yrs such a player is coming, whoever has the #1 pick will NOT be moving it hahaha. But besides Davis, it was MKG, Bradley Beal, Dion Waiters and TRob. I can go on to 2013, but it just gets uglier.

Know who is definitely already top talent? Harden. If Harden wanted to leave (w/ contract ending) or he was on the wrong side of 30 (he's not...he's in his prime), then maybe...

...but I think we're delusional if we think we can get BETTER value moving a top player right now, in his prime. Only way that makes sense is equal talent back, but few would do that. If that were the case, I'd certainly consider it...

Never get why any team would want to trade a dollar for a chance at 90 cents haha, or even a 20% chance at $2 (EV btw is notably worse even in that scenario).

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

In a hypothetical world for:

Curry - Yes definitely (far superior player)
    LBJ - Yes definitely (maybe aging but can still attract other all stars)
    Durant - Yes definitely (superior player)
    Anthony Davis - Yes
    KAT + Wiggins - Yes

Kawhi - Maybe depending on the coach

Westbrook - Maybe but likely not