1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

As soon as the kids get out of school im taking them to the alamo drafthouse.

2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Sorry but clever is the last thing this movie's Lex Luthor was. Nothing he did made any sense at all. He's supposed to be a genius, one of the smartest men in the world. And yet I defy anyone to explain what he hoped to gain by the fight or by creating the monster. The motivations of almost every character are forced in this movie but Luthor doesn't even have any. This is not a Luthor I've ever seen and he bore no resemblance to the actual character. If one were to ascribe motivation to him it would have to be "some people just like to watch the world burn." That is NOT Lex Luthor. That is the opposite of Lex Luthor.

Of all the things wrong with the film, nothing was so confused or confusing as Eisenberg's/Snyder's ridiculous Lex Luthor. I'd rather see Superman take on Richard Pryor again. At least that made a little sense.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

not like Bruce Wayne was THE WORLDS GREATEST DETECTIVE or nothing

Rocket River

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Spot on. Eisenberg tried to make Lex more Joker-esque and it bombed miserably. He was a major reason why this movie wasn't good.

5. 713

713 Member

Can someone explain this deleted scene?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s-MUzvASr8s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Haven't seen it...not sure I want to.

Since when is Batman competition for an almost immortal Superman and why couldn't Superman just melt Batman with his eyes or snap him in two like a twig?

I mean...Batman had his hands full with Bane. How the f**k does he compete with Superman?

I guess I'm supposed to watch the film...eh? F**k that! lol

I saw a tiny clip when Affleck was on The Tonight Show. Batman's reasoning for taking on Superman was that Superman would eventually evolve into a bad guy or something. It seemed hokey to me.

1 person likes this.
  7. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

It is hokey

If you do watch it and want to enjoy it, you have to suspend the analytical part of your mind and look to appreciate the visuals, the action, and the individual efforts of each actor without context for the situation or their colleagues' acting.

Each individual piece has put in good effort in this movie, but they don't sum together, including the directing/story/dialogue.

I don't think the movie was ever intended to be anything more than a money maker which they accomplished with the hype & discussion. It's not a guide to good movie making. People should accept it for what it is and choose to pay money and enjoy it or just avoid it

8. magman

magman Member

Looks like he was in contact with someone with connection to Darkseid, hence why he kept shouting that "it" was coming. I don't think that's Darkseid.

The boxes he has are mother boxes, the same box that created cyborg in the file Wonder Woman watched. They are basically sentient computers, they can do various things.

1 person likes this.
  9. Outlier

Outlier Member

This. Worse than Batman & Robin, Catwoman my freaking arse. This is the reason why i'm compelled to defend this movie in this thread.

10. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Neither of those movies were ranked higher than BvS. Catwoman has a 9% score and GL has about a 15. BvS is 29%. bigben was way off.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I thought movies took inspiration from the comics? Not every comic book movie is going to be panel for panel. ****, do people complain this much about Marvel movies straying from the comics? It's Snyder's own personal adaptation of these characters just like Nolan had his own adaptation of Batman, which if you want to be honest strayed even more from the comics. Are people really having trouble suspending disbelief for a comic book movie? Really? Why doesn't everyone just write to Frank Miller and tell him TDR is **** because Superman could just wipe the floor with Bats in a blink of an eye. /rant

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Snyder like mashed 8 stories into 2.5 hours and did not do any of them any justice

The movie sucked because they were too impatient
    They wanted to get as much into this to setup THE NEXT MOVIE
    that they did not focus on THIS MOVIE

Rocket River

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't blame the actor really, I think he was doing the character that was written and doing it the way the director wanted it done. That's why I blame the writers and the director. I think Eisenberg could have been a good early Lex Luthor character if it was written properly. If he did it just like he played the Facebook douchebag I think it would have worked decently.

That said, I wouldn't have cast him and I'd have written it almost completely differently.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Ben Affleck is supposed to be 6'4? Henry Cavill is supposed to be 6'1. Is he secretly 6'4" and trying to hide it or is Afflecks height as suspicious as his payoff to hide his slave owning ancestors.

[​IMG]

Also Christian Bale didn't roid quite as hard as Ben, but he got to 2 bills for his batman role.

16. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-video" data-allowfullscreen="1" data-href="/fox26houston/videos/vb.203055485347/10154356936420348/?type=3"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="https://www.facebook.com/fox26houston/videos/10154356936420348/"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/fox26houston/videos/10154356936420348/"></a><p>Batman. Superman. Clutch &quot;The Rockets Bear&quot;.You can't beat these three together! (from last night's Houston Rockets game)</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/fox26houston/">FOX 26 Houston</a> on Saturday, March 26, 2016</blockquote></div></div>

https://www.facebook.com/fox26houston/videos/10154356936420348/?pnref=story

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly. Couldn't Superman just freeze him with his breath? I'll probably see the movie just so I can see how they try to spin it as some sort of 'competition'.

18. 713

713 Member

Don't think Zach Snyder's Superman has ice breath.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It always makes me giggle to myself when people use a 2 dimensional picture to argue height.

20. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

editing was terrible
    lex luthor was way over the top, wtf?
    lois was so pathetic I could barely stomach it. I'm shocked she didn't somehow kill herself by accident in the cemetery.

the world is literally descending into chaos and these people are still trying to work on their news stories at the paper...! why are they coming to work every day in a building that's likely about to be destroyed? jesus christ, the ****ing capitol blew up!

I am one of the most gullible movie goers you'd ever meet but so little of this movie made sense to me.