1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

That reminds me, that "I thought she was with you" line was so stupid and corny.
    First off, Batman had met her and corresponded with her...of course she was with him.

...Whatever, I give up.

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

All of these comic book movies have corny one liners. I mean geez they made a whole movie out of them with Deadpool and people loved that.

3. Entropy

Entropy Member

Deadpool is meant to be a comedy. Superman/Batman was supposed to be serious tear jerker stuff. I think.

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Haven't seen it but the nolan series of batman movies are near and dear to my heart. I know Nolan was involved but I just can't get too excited over this. Plus Affleck has played other super hero characters before so hard for me to buy him as the Batman.

5. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Are you a DC fan tho, really? or are you such a rabid Marvel fan that 40 years ago you hatched an elaborate ruse that you would play out for 40 years, watching and waiting for this movie to bash it? I mean even your username is just a little too...perfect.

*written and directed by Toycen*

1 person likes this.
  6. magman

magman Member

On a list the problems the movie has, Affleck as Batman is not one of them. Completely bought into him as Bruce Wayne/Batman, wish we could have had a solo movie of his before this.

7. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

I thought it had some WTF moments and I was confused at times. I felt like they spent way too much on some parts and they could have used that screen time in other sequences that felt rushed. However, I do like movies a lot so I did enjoy it.
    6.5/10

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There was alot wrong with this movie
    there was some good

The first half of the movie was a bunch of bits and pieces
    Poor ole Waynes get blasted. . . . AGAIN . . . . this is such well worn pathway
    that it does not warrant a spoiler. . . . . .

(Just as I am sure Marvel is about to kill Uncle Ben again )

I read a review that said this movie was a bunch of "WAIT TIL YOU SEE OUR AVENGERS MOVIE!!!"
    And I agree . . .it was one big setup for the next thing
    but no real movie in and of itself.

Lex was atrocious
    the end alludes to him being a pawn of Darkseid and calling them to earth . . .which is stupid
    Lex is a ruler . . not a follower . . . .

Batman =
    Baterine! *Snikt* BatFleck was ok but unbalanced and unstable and near crazy
    When was batman so mentally weak? Batman would never leave a kyptonite weapon just chilling on the ground . . . .
    He was a better detective than in this movie and most of the others.
    Batman was just . . . a dude in a suit

Oh . . and now he is evidently a precog

Wonder Woman = Wonderful
    Very little was given but that was enough
    Her scene discovering the future justice league was just out of place and pretty useless

Superman - Emo Superman
    I hated Lois. . I did not come to see Lois find the Kyptonite spear of destiny . . .
    I think for like 99% of this film and the last one . .. he never referred to his Ma . . as Martha . . .. until the critical time . .. .*sigh*

Rocket River

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

they were just to impatient
    Tried to cram everything into one movie

The reason the Marvel way worked is
    they took their time. The story of SHIELD and the Avengers was told over like 4 movies and they did it in the credits. They did not let it overly interfere with the story of those movies.

Rocket River

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Agree 1000%. I see that Snyder came out over the weekend and attempted to "justify" his choice of Eisenberg as Lex. He should have saved himself the trouble - Eisenberg's take on the character was an absolute disaster. OK, I get that he wanted to have a "millennial" take on the character but it just does not work when the other characters are more traditional. As such, he comes off as some sort of bipolar schizophrenic twit compared to everyone else. I just don't get why they keep portraying Lex Luthor as some sort of buffoon. Watching his scenes was akin listening to someone scratching their fingernails on a blackboard.

Absolutely. I groaned out loud while others in the audience started coughing "BULL****!". Good thing for Kal-El that LL happened to be in the neighborhood and was able to save" the day. :rolleyes:

AND don't forget the scene
    where Kel-El stumbles upon Pa Kent stacking rocks in the Arctic. I mean, where the **** did that come from??? Also, why did't Superman just rip off Batman's battle armor when he first gets his hands on him? He knows Batman is human and without his body armor, it's Game Over, right? That whole fight scene seemed contrived as if the title says B vs S so they simply have to duke it out mano y mano.

Also the take on Doomsday was
    TOTALLY screwed up. Just where did Doomsday get the power to generate those huge energy blasts and absorb energy like that? I'll have to go back and review the comic. AND the SG for him was horrible - made him look like some sort of giant cave troll from LOTRs. I did like how Batman, Superman and WW defeated him by working together - especially WW pinning him with her lasso of truth while Batman hits him with the kryptonite gas giving Superman time to impale him with the kryptonite spear.

The "story" is all over the place. I can accept that there's a huge political fallout from the destruction that occurred in MOS but Snyder goes nowhere with it. Also, aside from Snyder's continued Christ-like treatment of Superman, he keeps expounding on Kal-El's as an alien theme when Superman is actually just a guy from the farm in Kansas. It's as if Snyder wants to pound us over the head with MOS until we finally "get it". I found his treatment of Superman to be rather flat and somewhat "meh".

In B vs S, Snyder basically takes chapter six of Frank Miller's "Dark Knight" and smushes it together with the Superman/Doomsday story. Along the way, we (FINALLY!) get a great Wonder Woman (Gail Gadot absolutely nails it) and a super quick sneak peak at the future Justice League members (Sorry, no Martian Manhunter). Affleck absolutely nails the Dark Knight. His Batman was the bitter, angry, violent Batman from the Miller comic and I loved it. I would gladly pay to see him in a standalone Batman movie.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think me and my cousin came up with a perfect solution. Stop making origin story live action films and Concentrate on using animation and tv to do origin stories and character development. Use the big movies to focus on major comic book events.

I loved the Dark Knight returns nods this movie had. I love the flash paradox/gods among us stuff my cousin thinks will show up will happen on the big screen. Stop wasting minutes addressing common origin story stuff.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That reminds me of another thing I hated, not really a spoiler, but I'll spoiler it anyway.
    I HATED how many times they made those stupid comments like CLARK KENT MEETS BRUCE WAYNE!!!, as if that would really be significant if you didn't know their secret identities. Random ass reporter meets random billionaire, film at 11! Right afterwards it was "wouldn't want to pick a fight with this guy", talking about Kent....They just kept doing things like that over and over again and it was painful to listen to.

IMO the very end with the 3 of them working together to beat Doomsday was one of the things they did right. I can get over that they dicked with Doomsday's origin story and that his powers were different.....what I can't get over is, why would Lex Luthor create him to begin with? What possible benefit did he think he'd have by creating a monster like that? Like you said, their take on Lex Luthor is that he's some kind of buffon and that couldn't be further from the Lex Luthor that people already accept. I mean I guess you could make a case that they were trying to go back to the original idea of Lex Luthor being an evil mad scientist type but I don't think anyone wants to see that and even if they did, they didn't do it right. The Lex Luthor from the 80's to today is a MUCH better character than the original idea from the 40's or whatever.

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I had no interest watching this in theaters knowing Snyder was gonna mess it up, and the reviews coming in further justified my stance. But with this much backlash, I'm interested in seeing what kind of train wreck it is.

Mission accomplished, Snyder.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Were you paying attention? Lex knew from the start who Batman and Superman was. Hence the Clark meets Bruce scene is Lex just being clever. He already had a plan of pitting them against each other.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes....but my point is no one else knew that so him making a big deal about it would sound weird to everyone.

16. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I understand people not liking the movie. I already said I enjoyed it for what it was and people in our theater were clapping at the end....kinda dumb but whatever. People that love the comics, say this is a real comic book fans movie but other groups of comic lovers are saying that they messed it up. So it is going to be divided. To each his own. I just don't understand how critics have it rated below Daredevil and Green Lantern.....or even Thor 2. That is where it gets absurd. Those were all terrible movies. Im excited to see the directors cut. They already released a cut scene that helps understand some of Lex Luthor's motivations at the end. So maybe the editing was not done as well as it should have been.

17. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I dont remember anyone else listening in or in on the conversation but maybe i missed it, so i figured it was for the audience.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it WAS for the audience, just like the comments about Kent's grip and not wanting to fight him, and just like all of the other comments about the eventual Batman vs Superman fight.

My point is that it would be weird hearing someone make those comments. If I was one of those two, I'd have been a bit suspicious of why he was making a big deal about me meeting a random ass reporter if I was Bruce Wayne or me meeting a random ass billionaire from another city if I was Clark Kent. There's no apparent reason why that should have been a noteworthy situation.

Maybe that's just picking nits, but it annoyed me. Then again, I was already annoyed by what they were doing to Luthor's character, so maybe I was just looking too much into it.

19. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

About halfway through watching this movie I was angry with how bad the movie was and it had nothing to do with the actors. The ending action sequence saved the film somewhat but overall its still very disappointing. 5/10 from me.

20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You got me. I never thought anyone could be smart enough to uncover my ruse. 40 years of deceit down the drain... Repped.