1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Nah imo he would need a guy like harden or curry. I guy who can keep
    The defense honest with their outside shooting.

Harden has been one of the best pick and roll players in The entire NBA for the last 5 years. I haven't checked the stats this year so maybe it's slipped a little but he's been in like the 96th percent in pick and roll offense that's elite and why so many thought him and dwight would be unstoppable when we first landed howard.

Remeber curry was insanely TO prone before draymond green took over that playmaking duty last year and he's still pretty high in that department.

No player is mistake free or TO prone any player put in hardens position would be having similar Results in the TO department.

I think a lot of you guys because of the record are undervaluing just how good and special Harden is as an offensive player.

Last 18 games ges putting up 30/9/6 that's rediculouse and alarming at the same time that our record is not better in that stretch when you factor in we've been 10 in defense and 13 in offense in that stretch.

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

What was the knock on Beasley when he played in Miami? He always put up points when he played for them too.

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

That's so tacky. People come here to discuss basketball.

4. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I smile when Beasly shoots.

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

He's fools gold, like a JR Smith. Sure, they look great when they put up points, but they are low IQ players and will always brain-fart at the most inopportune times. A missed defensive assignment, an awful shot, a terrible pass, or a bad foul. The only thing you can count on is that they will do something stupid.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't think Beas is low IQ, he just had a maturity problem - and a weed problem.

If he has sorted those out he can be really effective.

DD

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I have noticed that his picks are dam near non-existent.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I was a huge Beasley fan when he was on the Heat, but it's one of those cases where you finally give up and realize it'll always be the same ****, different toilet.

9. jdhu

jdhu Member

Same, super weak picks. But, I like Beasley. Ultra talented scorer, hopefully he can put his past issues behind him.

10. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

It's one game, but it's interesting to note that Beasley had his first bad shooting game with the Rockets that I remember (4-11) yet his +/- did not tank (-1 in a 4 point loss). Kinduva relief, b/c no way he could have kept up that shooting.

11. supercoolBeas

supercoolBeas Member

Defense. No way was he gonna be a weapon there when they were asking him to be a defensive guy when he ain't about that D life. Not to mention Spo would always sub him out after some mistake or two and further killed Beas' fragile mentality back then. He was also sitting out 4th quarters because they simply wanted Udonis Haslem's grit and D out there even if his shot was on....you would think with a solid core of veteran leadership like Miami's, Beas would be helped more but the opposite happened lol

Didn't get to watch tonight's game but yeah, how was he +1 when his shot was off? :confused: And see guys, told ya. Said before to expect 10 points on 10 FGA, 11 points on 11 FGA from Beas moving forward. Had 9 points on 11 FGA on an off night today. I really wish he would get to the line more...

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The suprising thing about Beasley is not his scoring, its his ENERGY and being "everywhere". In this 3rd/4th game the opponent broadcast team commented how FIT and in IN-SHAPE Beasley looked. He's active ball in hand AND OFF the ball.

And its also his activity does seem to have a purpose to it, more than Corey Brewer even. It leads to mistakes but leads to some productive plays as well.

He still is a chucker-extraordinaire. Still can do more to contribute outside of shooting. But not quite the space cadet and flimsey defender I thought we'd see.

13. StrawberryJamm

I legit wished he would have bounced the ball off his defenders back and jacked up a 3 on the end of game inbounds plays.

14. AXG

AXG Member

He's our second best player.

15. Asian Sensation

16. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

He's definitely our 2nd best player. Morey better lock him up after next year. I think we can go deep with a Beasley/Harden combo but with better role players and bench. And most of all..a better coach that can make it happen

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Gonna start worshipping at the Church of the Beas

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Beas is this year's Josh Smith.
    Who's gonna be next year's Beas? :grin:

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The single positive thing to come out of his debacle of a season.