1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Batman and Superman movie for 2015

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I loved it but I'm not a critic so my opinion doesn't count, not even to myself apparently lol Everybody in the theater was cheering the entire movie. When Wonder Woman showed up i got pregnant. Doomsday was an amazing villain. I have one complaint but I'm on my phone so I'll spoiler it later if I feel like coming back into this thread of negativity haha people too serious.

2. SexyButIgnorant

I liked it. Can definitely see what critics don't like, but i think theres A LOT to like in this movie. it IS a lot and is CRAMMED, but its always entertaining, fast-paced and action is great. 7.5/10

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Wow i was about to give up on this movie after reading comments in this thread from debbie downers ... now theres good remarks from people flowing in..

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

This movie has made me excited for Flash's movie next year. For anyone going to watch this, stay away from the spoilers. Go in knowing nothing.

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm going to the 1:10 at Edwards at silber and i10,I'll be the dude clubbing his peepus up top

6. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

#NotyourfaultBen

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Shockingly good. My predictions were inaccurate- they managed to lay groundwork for JL without stuffing too much in. Baffleck was good. WW's skinniness didn't annoy me.

Very good movie- must see for action film buffs. Haven't read any critic reviews but as an action fan and comic fanboy I don't have any complaints. I'll post more tomorrow.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So yup I enjoyed the action scenes and some of the DOP's camera work

but let's analyze what Batman's reason was to kill Superman in the first place (unless I missed a scene) (I want to see if Superman can bleed)

We know what Superman's intentions were, having faced Lex Luthor

Saw Superman destroy skyscrapers, rescued a girl and saw a guy losing his two legs

Alien with abilities, being a threat (racial injustice) (Meta humans)

a weird dream with mercenaries in the desert and insect-like creatures where Superman was a villain

None of these are sufficient enough to get the audience riled up against Superman who is a good guy

And then the scene when Batman was going to spear through Superman with the Krypton scepter

Then he goes all of a sudden: What, your foster mom's name is also Martha? Wait, like that of mine....

and they go Justice League all of a sudden from wanting to spill "blood"

Not coherent narratives at all

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ezra has nothing on Grant Gustin

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Was supposed to see it today, but schitte came up. Been clicking on every spoiler available on the interwebs. Looks decent from what I've read. Why did the critics give it 30%?

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Leaving the theater now that was ****ing siiiiiiiick

12. VanityHalfBlack

Michael Bay Lives!!!!

13. conquistador#11

today is the day! my son and I will go watch it. wish us luck!

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Good luck breh. Hold on to your seats, I hope you make it out alive. Share you tale with us of your adventure.

15. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Critics didn't "give it" 30%. That's the percentage of reviewers who gave the film a positive review. The average score given by reviewers is 5.1/10, which is pretty close to what I would give it after seeing it last night. It's just an action movie with some cool looking scenes and a mediocre story and dialogue.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I saw it last night, still pretty excited beside all the negative reviews.

I was honestly expecting a trainwreck but it never was.

I really enjoyed it throughout. I thought the script was well thought out, telling an engaging story while laying the ground work for the Justice League film. A lot of the twist are telegraphed but it wasn’t terrible.

I liked Cavill a lot more here than in the MOS and Batfleck was pretty good. Tons of fan service throughout.

I assume a lot of people were “confused” by the dream sequences, which I think Synder overused, but I thought they accomplished their job.

Honestly, besides 2 major graphic novel influences
    The Dark Knight Returns & Death of Superman
    , this is the first DC film that felt most like the Bruce Timm’s DCAU which is how I got into DC.

Wonder Woman was awesome, really glad they got her right, can’t wait to see her solo movie.

I thought it was a solid B+

17. VanityHalfBlack

Batman v Superman caters to people who go to comic book conventions -- most of whom do not read comics. So, if you don't read comics or have any regard for the characters in their true incarnation, or have good taste, or you're ****ing 6 years old, you're going to love it.
    -Maximillian Meehan

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Thought dump (spoilers):

I was initially a little put off by the whole rehashing of Batman's 'origin' scene of his parents getting capped. But the whole 'Marth' scene with Superman wouldn't have made sense otherwise. So the origin scene was a good add.

The dark future vision scene was a really interesting add. It showed what would happen if superman went bad- note the nazi-like Superman emblem on the soldier's upper arms.

Here's another couple of comic-spoiler reasons it was cool (comic spoiler):
    The future Earth had the big blast-volcanos scattered throughout the landscape. This is trademark of the planet Apokalips, home of the penultimate DC villain, Darkseid. The flying guys were also a Darkseid tip, as they are his ground troops.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for who the guy was talking to Batman at the end of the vision sequence, I'm not 100% sure on that one as I'm not a DC Fanboy. Oh, the whole sequence alluded to the Gods Among Us storyline.

Wonder Woman- So I wasn't terribly disappointed in WW. I thought she was well done as a warrior woman. If I didn't have any previous experience with WW, I would have even been pleased with her role. BUT...Zach Snyder, sternum and shoulder blades are not hot. WW is built, not a toothpick. But I digress on the subject and look forward to more DC Movies with Gal Gadot as WW.

Minor WW Spoiler that is probably a tip to WW's origin Co-Star:
    Chris Pine is in te 1916 pic of her. I sincerely doubt that he was a stand in and it's a 99% chance he has been cast in her movie and will probably be her love interest. Also, the other characters from that picture were all pretty diverse- I think it may be a 1916 version of the Justice League.

As for Lex...well, I'm not a DC fanboy by any means, but I always saw Lex in all of his iterations as a calm, in control, commanding figure, not a borderline nutjob like we saw in the movie. This Lex was closer to Joker than the Lex of DC canon. That said, he was really, really well played as a genius villain, the way he set everything up thorough the movie. I understood his motivations. I also love how he alluded to the big villain at the end of the movie
    , who has to be Darkseid 'he is coming'. Remember, Lex got the indo on 100m systems from the seed ship

I liked Superman in this movie. Honestly, he's a one-dimensional character, more of a force of nature and his motivations are simple: save woman, do good. He's good for plot movement.

Batman was very well done. They even played off his silly voice with a suit glitch. Batfleck did a good job. I liked that he beat Superman, too.

I really liked how they threaded the other Justice League members into the movie. Least compelling was Flash, who just seemed like a punk kid. Anyone else catch that the actor who created Cyborg was the same guy who worked for Cyberdine in Terminator 2? That guy will never learn. :p

Very good movie, exceeded my expectations by far. I wouldn't have seen it opening night or possibly at all in the theater without my nerd posse dragging me along. Now I'll probably take in a second matinee showing with my wife.

19. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

So, in case you cannot tell because he's almost unrecognizable, the lightning tornado dream sequence echo voice thing is the DC Extended Universe version of The Flash (and that's Ezra Miller in the role).

The Flash appearing in mysterious form, kind of like a dream, and possibly from a different point in time, is very much a reference to Crisis on Infinite Earths where Flash was appearing to various heroes trying to warn them of what was to come while he was busy dying later in the story fighting the very same threat.

As a fan of The Flash, I truly enjoyed the execution done here - couldn't help but genuinely smile.

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Same here. By far my favorite cameo.