1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/16/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 15, 2016.

1. gogispade

gogispade Member

Im happy that they are all on the same page tho..

2. kevtse

kevtse Member

Agree with his poor rebounding. That is why I think it makes no sense to play Dmo if you dont let him postups. Harrell and Capela at least can get some offensive rebounds and make some putbacks.

3. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Yes, an assist involves having atleast two players producing points for their team. It's a team sport.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Folks were believing again! That win over the Chattanooga Grizzlies had everyone believing! :grin:

Then it all came crashing back down to earth against a real NBA team.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">72 Points by the Clippers are the most they've scored in ANY half this season.<br><br>They lead the Rockets 72-50 <a href="https://t.co/3HnLYzVeDs">pic.twitter.com/3HnLYzVeDs</a></p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/710296727279034368">March 17, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most 30-Point Games in a Loss - This Season<br>James Harden 13&lt;&lt;<br>DeMarcus Cousins 13<br>Paul George 11<br>&gt;&gt;Including tonight</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/710328220042797056">March 17, 2016</a></blockquote>

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/iw92EO39XDH/embed/simple" width="300" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script><iframe src="https://vine.co/v/iw9jBnmltJV/embed/simple" width="300" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If only he was angry enough to play defense and stop being so lazy with passes

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So this is what happens when they don't play a D league team like they did on Monday. I knew the Rockets would think they were hot s*** after blowing out a glorified college team by 50.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Have only watched the first half so far but I have a theory: maybe the Clippers curb stomped us because they're terrified of playing us in the playoffs.

Sure I'm not the only one with this theory, so I think it warrants serious consideration.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

These Rockets love to lay eggs. I'll give them that.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Rats, I had just gotten over my anger about last night's game... then I remember the Rockets choosing to deploy a "hacka" strategy at the end of the first half. They were down by over twenty at the time... and Jordan made them pay by sinking one of the two FTs anyway, so like everything else the Rockets did, the "strategy" failed miserably. Worse, on one of the possessions the Rockets didn't even get a shot off before the 24 second clock lapsed.

At this point I was already yelling at the TV, but the Hacka move had me adding cuss words about JBB and the Rocket organization. It was bad enough being badly outplayed. It was even bad enough thinking your players weren't trying hard. But it was most embarrassing seeing the team deploy such a cheap and pathetic tactic... and have it backfire.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Keith Durant from earlier tonight. <a href="https://t.co/cE8AsIN0RM">pic.twitter.com/cE8AsIN0RM</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/710316607231275009">March 17, 2016</a></blockquote>

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Sorry for the double, but my anger continues... how many times did the Rockets offense rely on a player simply trying to beat the defender 1:1. They seem to run very few plays and rarely move the ball around. When they do, it often resulted in a score. But they seem to go away from that. They were home last game and this. The team even tweeted picture of players shooting the ball around (which actually is a gripe of mine... always seeing guys launching 3's). Don't they practice running any plays at practices?

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

i love how we lose in these ugly AF clutch city jersey's...

14. Remlap

Remlap Member

We stuck to our gameplan:

Show up and coast through the first 3 quarters and then
    try to rally in the 4th to make it look closer than it really is.

We've got that DOWN.

Maybe we should try the opposite strategy like GSW.
    Spank the opposition for the first 3 and then give your starters some
    rest in the 4th.

We've got all of this talent and nothing to show for it

15. Rocketeer4Life

We will not win a championship with Harden being our point guard. He doesn't know how to get everyone involved (especially the center) and commits so much turnovers. His passes are too predictable without any creativity. That is if he decides not to be a ballhog iso Harden that night. I don't think anyone would want to play with him either.

16. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Harden lacks the hunger to win.

Look at all the other superstars in the league....Westbrook, Curry, Lebron and previous stars like Kobe, Shaq, Hakeem, etc....They all have or had a Drive/Motor to want to win. I don't see it with Harden nor with this team.

The only person on this team I see that has the drive is probably Ariza.

Both Harden and Howard lack the drive. They both have shown flashes of having it...but it's not consistent.

It's like if they come in to work...do the bare minimum and go home.

17. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

He also shrinks and disappears in most of the games in the playoffs. I also remembered he was in the bench all of the fourth Quarter in that big comeback game against the clippers in the playoffs last season. That's not a good sign if he is to be the leader of the team.

18. CertifiedTroll

I think we could have won if Corey Brewer and Jason Terry had played more. In other news, I love sarcasm.

19. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Seriously though why does he just stand there just why it doesn't make sense WHY