1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Spurs probably don't get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Mar 5, 2016.

1. what

what Member

We all have our prime

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

3. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

If we talk about probability, of course they might not make it past the 2nd round. Unlikely, but basketball is round and players can get hot, even the role player guys.

But regarding the 2nd round opponent, The Clips strike more fear to me since they have CP3 the best midrange shooter in the game (exactly the shot Spurs willing to give) and Griffin seems not missing his mid range, top of the key shot against us. A power duo, ISO team like Thunder has lost much of his menace since we slew them in 2014 WCF, i think this year team is weaker (especially in defense). If only they kept Harden .....

4. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

The Spurs have TWO great ISO wing defenders in Leonard & Green, exactly the reason the Thunder will be muted offensively against the Spurs. But against teams that run on PnR (the Clips) or heavy screens (the Dubs), our perimeter defensive advantage becomes null.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Maaaan....I had bet a friend before the season started that the Spurs wouldn't win the championship. I was feeling pretty confident about the Warriors winning it all till OP started this thread.

Smh...freakin Spurs will probably win the next 3 championships now :mad:

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

ROFL, bull ****, it's basically GSWs/Spurs season, these other teams aren't even close.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

How about we talk about how close the Rockets/Grizzlies are to ever doing anything in the playoffs again.... I guess Memphis has an excuse, the Rockets though.... Lol, oh what a time to be a Rockets fan!!!! Yay, go Rockets!

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

64-18= barely above .500 team? Do you even read the crap you post?

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, he's new at math, maybe?? Sorry, what :)

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I got what he's saying, but unless popovich rests the whole team and forfeits they aren't going to go. 500 or even barely above..

11. AXG

AXG Member

The Spurs are on pace to win about 70 games this season. That's more than "barely above .500"

12. what

what Member

the rest of the way ... duh

13. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I just put a LOT of money on this, what - so you better be right this time!!!!!!!

14. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

I think the Spurs will end the season with a 17-4 or 16-5 run, and might have 41-0 home game record.

15. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

So much of the west depends on matchups, and the Spurs match up pretty well against a lot of the Western playoff teams. I think the Warriors are more vulnerable than the Spurs. I certainly would rather face the Warriors in the first round...

That being said of course you could be right...Any thing can happen, all these teams in the playoffs are exceptional basketball teams.

Just imagine the first round

Warriors Vs Rockets

Spurs Vs Mavericks

Clippers Vs Blazers

Thunder Vs Grizzlies

16. what

what Member

Spurs record looks really gaudy until you see who they STILL have to play. Even if Pop had something to play for (which I don't think he will) it would be tough for that team to manage better than a .500 record going forward.

But knowing that they are going to be the 2 seed in the west, he'll be resting players which makes it more likey that that team is going to drop games coming in.

17. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

That moment you realise that Pop can take your second unit and beat your first unit over the head with it.

18. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

The Spurs are still in the mix for the #1 seed. Ordinarily, being 4 losses behind would require an absolute collapse by the Warriors to make up over how few games are remaining when you consider the pace these teams are winning, but the teams have 3 head-to-heads remaining. While a sweep of those games by either team is unlikely, it adds some volatility and makes the deficit arguably overcome-able.

Not to mention, the Spurs are super-deep. They can rest players without a huge fall-off, and most teams in the league aren't good enough to beat a slightly-below-optimal Spurs team.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Even if the Spurs do rest their players and go .500 as you predict, how does that make any difference with their playoffs run? We all know the Spurs almost always don't go full speed in the regular season and then turn up a gear in the playoffs.

20. what

what Member

Because they haven't really played as well as people think, and yes they got the best coach, one of the best free agent pickups: aldridge and Kwahi is blossoming into an elite player.

But the fact is that Tony Parker makes that engine run and he is not playing elite basketball.

They are a pretty good team but they aren't going to go from first round exit last year to the western finals this year with that team no matter how many players they got.