1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Spurs probably don't get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Mar 5, 2016.

1. what

what Member

Anybody thinking that the spurs are some dominate team that has a chance to do anything in the west are probably going to be in for a rude awakening.

Yes, they got Aldridge, West and Kevin Martin. But Parker is old and showing his age. Duncan is gassed and Manu is Nash Rambler.

I predict that they will lose at least 18 games, which means they will be a barely above .500 team by the end of the season.

As far as the west goes, I would say that the clippers have the most balanced team to actually beat the warriors if it weren't for the fact that they are such chokers in the playoffs.

5 people like this.
  2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

Attention whoring as usual. What's new

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I see Kawhi Leonard wasn't mentioned

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Crazy person says WHAT?

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You have predicted a lot of things over the years.

You did not mention Leonard because deep down in your heart, you believed that he was about to show the world he's on Durant's level. But that would defeat your prediction here.

7. dchoye

dchoye Member

Pass me some of that Koolaid you're drinking

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You had too many of those rude awakenings before yet you still try too hard

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

On some great and glorious day, this guy's thread starting privileges will be revoked.

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

what says what?
    wat /meme

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

hold on now, if what op says is true, then the rockets are real nba champs

harden = real mvp
    curry = certified chump scrub b****
    klay = cant even hold harden's jockstrap foh b****

rockets = swag champs = nba champs

i think i get what op is saying
    [​IMG]

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Obviously he's trolling.

HOWEVER, I do believe OKC, if they hold on to the number 3 seed, would beat the Spurs in the 2nd round.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

'what' is the great Clutchfans gem of our time. Savor his presence before he's gone, my friends.

1 person likes this.
  14. MONON

MONON Member

In a 7 game series with the Spurs, OKC's defense won't let them win 4 games.

15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

They won't make it out the first rd when they face the #SwagChamps.

16. what

what Member

When I said they will lose 18 games, I mean IN TOTAL. They have roughly 20 games left and they are going to lose half of them, I believe before the season ends.

17. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Absolutely incorrect.

The Spurs have a second and THIRD unit with guys who could start on any other team. David West hasn't played many minutes and previously held a top-5 spot for game-winning and tying buckets. He's clutch and proven.

That's why the Spurs are dangerous. They have an effective mix of youth and experience, along with guys who have been through the trenches and have no worries about being down tow games to none. As much as I despise that organization, San Antonio has this patience about them which lends itself to working a team down over the course of a seven game series.

Manu, DWest,Patty,KyleAnderson(hate hate hate lol), Andre Miller, Bonner, and now (damn) Kevin Martin make that bench incredibly deep. Dear lord. As rough of a year he's had in Minnesota, Kevin Martin can still drop 20 without a sweat, and so can Manu and David West.. To me that's scary.

Even "Lurch" aka Boban can score and defend when he's in the right spot. Rasual Butler, our beloved friend to Cuttino Mobley, still knocks down threes in the clutch and gets hot. I could continue on and on, but it's painful.

As much as I love our Rockets, I think the Spurs are coming for blood this year. They were more than disappointed by a (lucky?) banker from CPFlop that knocked them out of the first round last year.

With Timmy's age, I think he wants one more 'ship before the lights go out for good. Out of all of our rivals and the opposing stars around the NBA, I wouldn't be that mad if Timmy got one last ring. He is the best PF of all time, and I respect how he's played the game. He's efficient, non-confrontational and an overall decent guy on and off of the court.

The Spurs will take down the Media Darlings of the Bay.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Seeing that the Spurs could play the Clippers or Thunder in the 2nd round he's right, not for the reasons he's listed though.

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

See what happens when Marc Gasol gets injured...

20. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

If only they would have traded for Rudy Gay...

What, I remember when you actually had quality posts. It seems like a long time ago.