1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Ty Lawson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 1, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He didn't lead DEN into the playoffs. DEN got a lot in return from trading Melo. At their peak, post Melo three years ago, Iguodala and Gallinari were main features of that team, as well as Lawson/Faried. And Karl knew how to get them to run. It all started going South when Gallinari got hurt before the playoffs, and #6 GSW upset them, winning games 2, 3, 4 and finishing in 6. That wasn't a good GSW team.

And when Iggy fled and Gallinari missed the whole next year, it revealed Lawson was not really a leader of that team.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

He has the look of a player that totally lost the desire and competitive fire. Rockets claim it is a confidence thing...but I am not so sure it comes back.

He probably will sign a dirt cheap contract with some team next season, but I don't see him lasting if that is the effort he is putting out. Too many other young/hungry guys that will fight for roster spots.

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Best of luck....

T_Man

4. malakas

malakas Member

And Karl had publicly said in interviews that he had to call Lawson before every game to motivate him because otherwise he didn't give enough effort.
    He was never a leader. But it seems his addiction now has made his motivational issues even worse.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I appreciate the 7 wins and 0 losses we've experienced with Lawson not in the lineup. Thanks for leaving!

6. roswell raygun

So long, Ty. I really enjoyed having you on the Rockets. Until the season started.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

interesting take. thanks

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

Worse than Jerry lin

9. yuko_dude

yuko_dude Member

In last three games, Lawson has played a total of 17 Minutes ( 6 in Mil, 5 vs. San, 6 in Port ). I mean, sure, he didn't played well the entire season, but c'mon a total of 17 Minutes in three Games? Brewer get even more Minutes. It's not just Ty's fault, the whole team and the coaching staff didn't do a great job of integrating him into this system or adjusting the system for him. In the games in which he played >10 minutes, i can't remember him getting more than 4 or 5 touches in the offense. Defensively he wasn't great, but from what i saw, he was definitely as good as the others :D What I want to say, don't just blame Ty for this entire f*** s**t and disapointing season. I couldn't see how the coaching staff or teammates or himself trying to be better and be more aggressive. Honestly, how can a guy be efficient and contribute to the team when he gets like 4-5 touches in the offense and doesn't play a single minute in the second half? Sure, he could be more aggressive himself and command the ball more and take the action, but then we would have called him Thornton 2.0 haha

10. dchoye

dchoye Member

Reads more like a depreciation thread.

Good Luck Ty.
    Wherever you end up please don't play well against us.

11. bonifacendong

bonifacendong New Member

Good Luck to TY. Good luck to all the future PGs who will not have ball in their hands.

12. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

He is not going to play well against us, I am almost sure for that. At this point, I do not know if any NBA team is interested in him. He should go to China.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think most people did not expect him to be able to lead a team to the playoffs by himself.

I didn't watch Denver a lot in the past two years so I really don't know the structure of their game. From the limited times I did, Lawson did not seem to be a bad player playing losing ball. I'd thought that he was a good PG that would be a good piece on a talented team.

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

nothing to appreciate but since rockets aren't a main free agent destination i'd rather hold onto him till next midseason then by him out if he cant be traded or still sucks.

too much talent to give up on with an incompetent coaching staff

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

At least you weren't a douche like Royce White. So thanks for that.

16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Thank you for giving pipe dream to Rockets fans in summer.

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol who actually saw this happening? We have too many smartasses here. If we had a better coach he would of had better luck

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ty Lawson was concentrated garbage, but it never seemed like the Rockets tried to make him comfortable in the offense. It's like no one looked at tape in his Denver days to see what made him successful.

It seemed Rockets just threw him out there and expected him to be the same player. I would have liked to see them at least run a play for him. Something!

ah well.. season almost over...

19. verysimplejason

I wonder if he "gets" it again with another team...

20. conquistador#11

your stay felt like the film, leaving las vegas. depressing.
    may you fill your life with happiness so that you can express it on the court.