1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've seen enough...time to Start Montrezl Harrell at the 4!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sugrlndkid, Feb 26, 2016.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dude is infinitely better than Jones

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Has been all year.

DD

3. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Would you guys say he's officiated differently due to being a rookie?

That foul was straight up and down

4. CertifiedTroll

I like having a player on the court that looks mad AF and wants to win. Rather him be our motor guy than Brewer as its stands. Of course as I type this, Brewer will do some cool **** in the playoffs that revokes my argument.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

i see a D-league video and I won't waste my time. Anyone that realistically knows the difference does not take that league seriously compared to the NBA. There is no comparison to a pick up game to the level of the league

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

he didn't stay completely vertical. that last second attempt for a block got him

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The purpose of the video(recently as last month) was to underscore that Montrezl isnt a "paint clog", and has enough bball IQ to understand spacing on the court... Ur claim that he would not work well along side Dwight b/c he would pack the paint is just factually inaccurate. And your pessimistic view that his performance in a developmental league would NOT translate on to the pro level is entirely narrow-minded.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

the defense you see in that video is nothing close to what is done in the league. That's what you need to understand first. If you don't get that then of course it'll be difficult for you to see what happens defensively in the league.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

obviously you're still not understanding correctly what's been previously posted. You keep assuming its Harrel personally that's clogging the paint when I clearly stated its the way that defenses play him right now that will cause the problem. Which means another big packing the paint and we all know how that goes. not to mention Harrell merely adds to the clog because he is no where near a threat on the perimeter. No idea why that still needs to be explained. Floor balance doesn't just work on one end

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Problem is hes more efficient off the bench, same with Smoove. We need DMO back in the worst way possible in order to stretch the roster a bit. Once DMO clears back, Im willing to bet we will see a more efficient Smoove and Harrell, also Terrence Jones doesnt deserve any more minutes for quite some time.

11. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

If Dmo gets back ill start him even if i bring him back slow lowering his minutes so he can get his confidence back and bring MH from de bech b/c Josh its hurting us too prob ill give him some minutes and see what he brings that nigth or in defensive situations.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Its not about rushing Harrell, its more about how pathetic Josh Smith had been lately playing for the Rockets.

Its a moronic decision for this coaching crew to keep sticking with Josh.

Dude is shooting low 30 overall and low 20 on 3s. Not only that, he has more TOV than AST in Feb. And more importaqntly, he is absolutely trash on defense.

Josh Smith is pretty much done as a decent NBA player, he is nothing more than a fringe rotation player now even for a bad team, there is no reason to start a guy like this at all.

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Terrence Jones is a broken player-Matt Bullard

14. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

Change Start to Play

15. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Is Josh Smith still injured, T Jones? They were both trash, but I will give them somewhat of a pass and actually blame JB for this. He should know that they were both getting killed and be quicker to play Harrell. I think when he subbed in, in the 3rd qtr that really was when Houston made its run. The reason for that is because Howard, Josh and TJones are too slow on pick and roll defense. Howard is a center and it's just a mismatch but smith and TJones needs to move and as importantly communicate the game plan like Harrell.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Josh Smith is so bad and has lost all confidence.

17. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Just because a player excels in limited minutes off of the bench does not mean he should be getting starting minutes. I feel that his game at this point in his career he is more conducive to be being a bench guy. He does the dirty work, and that is not a play style that meshes great with Dwight. If he were to get more minutes, his defects would also increase at the same rate as his minutes.

18. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Josh Smith is terrible. He doesn't look like an NBA player anymore. He can't shoot, he turns the ball over too much, he doesn't rebound, and he doesn't play good defense. He's killing us.

Montrezl can't possibly be worse than him.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, but because the only other options till/unless DMo gets back is Smith and Jones is a perfectly good reason to give him starter minutes.

20. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I just don't think that helps us win games. Jones has terrible smarts and Smoove is too hot and cold, but I think you're jumping to conclusions about Harrell. You gotta walk before you can run.