1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj Sources: Warriors serious threat to sign Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Feb 2, 2016.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'll just hope and pray it doesnt happen.

It's hard enough as is to beat that team now. Getting durant while maybe missing out on a few regular season wins, would give them the inside track to atleast 4 more championships not counting the 1 and probable 2 they will have by the end of June.

I think if you do see durant leave for GS.

Your going to see guys like Anthony Davis among others force there way out of there garbage hole teams and onto true start studded teams.

That's why if KD does join GS you might as well sign howard back, atleast it gives you the inside track to a allstar/superstar player that wants to team up with 2 other top talent guys.

2. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

I don't get all this talk of how adding Durant will ruin their chemistry. He fits perfectly with his shooting and length. Between Klay, Dray, and Durant, you could switch on just about any position. Also, I don't see why he wouldn't enjoy the ball movement that he's never got to experience yet. Unlike the Miami big three of the past, each of Curry, Klay, and Durant can play off the ball just fine. Chris Bosh sacrificed his maximum potential by doing so, whereas Klay and Draymond excel at playing off a dominant scorer (or two)

You pay a guy like Barnes in hope that he becomes half of what Durant is now.

Bogut and Iguodala are great for the team, but has shown to not be totally necessary alot of the time. this staff reinvigorated the careers of both Livingston and Barbosa, so I'm pretty sure they have the front office and coaching capacity to find fits for the bench.

The only drawback would be if Durant wanted to be the man and single handedly carry a team or wants to come home. I'm not friends with the guy so I don't know what his motives truly are despite what is displayed for public consumption, which seems to be all over the place. But with the Warriors, at their age, playstyle, personality...there is potential at multiple rings for a good stretch.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I agree. You add Durant if you can. If you're that worried about fit I'd move Thompson and keep Barnes when adding Durant.

It's DURANT.

4. dragician

dragician Member

Bye Steph Curry.

5. underrated015

underrated015 Member

If they win the title this year , y break up the team? The compliment each other very well.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Adding one of the best offensive players of all time probably would probably still be a nice compliment to their team.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

if durant came to the team they could potentially lose curry or durant to season ending injury and still win the title. almost comical, unless you are a fan of a different nba team with hope that they could win a title.

8. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

If Durant goes to the Warriors, does Lebron just retire?

There is no way Lebron is sniffing another title with Curry-Klay-Durant-Green.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

he can't beat the team as is. doesn't really matter

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That's when LeBron-CP3-Melo-Wade team up.

Durant going to the Warriors will be horrible for the league if you aren't part of one of the three eventual superteams that will be formed.
    Fun to watch, but no chance of title dreams for fans of local teams.

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I am sure the Warriors will pursue him of course (its DURANT) but for whatever reason Durant never struck me the person to want to go somewhere to basically win a ring where he wouldn't be the REASON why they won a ring. I mean GS has already won with that core its not like they NEED Durant to put them over the top.

In an era where players are concerned about their brand and legacy I think this would matter to Kevin right now when he is still in his prime. I can imagine him going somewhere like the clippers where he would the final/missing piece vs being an upgrade over Barnes. (a huge upgrade at that of course)

but if he does go to GSW then I am going to have to probably stop watching the NBA for some time and focus my attention on hockey

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Warriors have Durant's 'attention' in free agency

According to The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski, Durant wants to win a championship immediately, which counts out the Lakers and Wizards. And if Oklahoma City can't get past Golden State, Durant may adopt a "can't beat 'em, join 'em"-type attitude and sign with the Warriors.

From Wojnarowski's recent appeareance on The Big Lead with Jason McIntyre (transcribed by Fox Sports):

The Lakers are not front-runners for Kevin Durant, he wants to win a championship. If he leaves Oklahoma, he may end up staying there and I've written that. Golden State is a team that is worrisome for Oklahoma City -- that's a team that has Kevin Durant's attention. Kevin Durant wants to win a championship right away and either he wants to do that in Oklahoma City with the group they have or he's going to go somewhere where he can win a title right away.

"Kevin Durant doesn't care if they have the first pick, the second pick, third pick; no free agent cares. No free agent of his stature cares what draft pick a team has because that guy is not going to help them win championships in the next two or three years. And if Kevin Durant leaves Oklahoma, he wants to be ready to win a championship right away. He's at a point in his career where he cant wait two or three years and hope that it happens. I think part of his criteria, sources tell me, will be, 'Is that team good enough to beat Golden State with me on it? Or is it Golden State? Or can I stay in Oklahoma and continue to be able to do that and compete for a championship?

"Listen, I just don't think that the Lakers are a real significant factor for Kevin Durant."​

13. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

KD is probably a top 3 favorite player in the league for me but if he goes to GS I'll consider him a even bigger p***y than when lebron went to the heat

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

So is Woj saying Golden State is the favorite because he feels that way or because he has sources telling him this?

If it's his own opinion, that's a different story. If GS feels that they are the favorite, that absolutely means squat.

There's nothing from Kevin Durant's side that has leaked on where he potentially wants to play, and that's the only side that really matters.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Right, because such a wide variety of teams have won titles the last 30 years....

Just get it over with, be a warriors fan.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lebron to the Spurs

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

:confused:
    I'm not hating, just pointing out what will happen.
    I love watching superteams, parity is what almost killed the NBA.

19. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

What's most scary about Durant going to GSW is, unless harden finds a way to lead a team he's most likely going to join another super team in a couple years.

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I guess people can get that pipe dream out of their heads now then - the Rockets have a big red line through their name - since he wants to win Championships.