1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rockets trade D-Mo, Thornton to Pistons for first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 18, 2016.

?

Do you like this trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

185 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. NO

485 vote(s)
    72.4%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

BTG is proving he's almost as smart as his hero, Ryan Mallet

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Everyone like dmo.

Clearly not as much as you but we all liked him a lot.

But getting pick ranging from 10-17 is really really good value for a restricted free agent who hasn't played in Damn near a year, want in our rotation at all and is Rumored to have back issues for the remainder of his career.

It's a no brainer

I wish dmo the best because he was easy to root for, he tried hard he played hard and he helped out a lot last year..... Key word last year.

He's yet to play any playoff games he's a poor rebounder he's non existent in help side defense.

Could he have helped the team if he was healthy? Absolutely.

With that said he's not healthy maybe won't ever be healthy and wasn't putting this team over the top.

Good move on Moreys part.

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Last time I looked at the standing the pistons weren't a playoff team.

Maybe if you say it enough it will come true but then you would show your a dmo only fan and not a rockets fan.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, keep watching the standings. Be prepared to be shocked at the end of the season.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Bobby sure is resilient. I'll give him that...

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If it was a pure salary dump, then why the mid; first round pick?

LOLs that 76ers really wanted Joel Anthony

at this point, Btg is actually trolling us. No one is that stupid to believe that crap

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This coming from the person that regards an accurate portrayal of the trade that happened as "spin", keep it up kiddo, you are clearly swaying some of the less insightful posters and the Rockets organization thanks you for your work.

8. Mr. Clutch

Detroit was just doing a first round pick dump

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They were making their team better for the playoff push, something the Rockets should have been doing but the Rockets have different goals that don't involve being competitive this season.

10. Mr. Clutch

What stats is DMo gonna average the rest of the year?

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You guys should just put him on Ignore. That'll clean up a lot of threads.

12. heypartner

what you are doing now is called "projection," which is a common ploy by ppl with weak arguments. you project your tricks onto others. We are spinning and trying to sway ppl. I still say you're trolling, because I think you're better than this. or mad beyond reason

If not, please answer the simple question: If this is a pure salary dump, why the mid first round pick?

13. heypartner

why. I like Btg. He's just really pissed off now. and cant think clearly

How about this compromise. I wont talk directly to him in this thread again, since hes clearly trolling us

14. heypartner

< 15 mpg

SVG needs to make the playoffs. He's going to tighten his rotation and is already getting Tobias Harris involed heavily. That's a 9 man rotation right there. DMo is mainly for next year for him. And hell, why would he want to showcase him? It's ironic Marcus Morris will have a bigger role

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So, in your mind, teams can't get anything at all back in a salary dump? Anyway, let's just leave it here, you are happy about the trade and the Rockets having no hope this season, I'm not. It's simple as that. You think that the first round pick of a playoff team for a 2nd round pick the best bench scorer on the roster and the best PF on the roster is a good trade for a fringe playoff team, I don't.

Instead of wasting everyone's time being overly verbose, just say "in Morey we trust" and leave it at that. It's pretty clear that's your position.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not trolling, we're just on opposite ends of the spectrum on this one. You are looking to view this in the most optimistic light possible and I just don't see it.

17. Mr. Clutch

It was just a first round pick dump.

Detroit didn't want to pay a first rounder

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And to explain this further, this wasn't a move you make if you have ANY faith at all in the current team on the floor. Not just this move either, all of the moves that were attempted at the trade deadline by the Rockets are moves you don't make if you have any faith in the current team. If you think the current team has a shot, you don't look to move Dwight.

As such, we can say with a good level of certainty that the front office has no faith in the current team which is a bummer if you were a fan that thought the Rockets might be able to turn things around. If you had already given up on the season, this move is no big deal.

19. malakas

malakas Member

No. It would NOT screw the rockets. By the first week of tbe moratorium almost every star has agreed already.

20. Mr. Clutch

It would screw the Rockets for the stars that haven't decided already.

DMo isn't a star