1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade D-Mo, Thornton to Pistons for first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 18, 2016.

?

Do you like this trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

185 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. NO

485 vote(s)
    72.4%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ironically, the team desperately needs EXACTLY what they just traded away for a flaming bag of dog crap. They have no PF now and they have very little to no scoring off the bench. I just can't imagine how Morey could have screwed up worse.

2. MGC

MGC Member

Well... Despite DMO's shortcomings he was the best offensive option at the post. Sad to see him go.
    Let's just hope that first rounder plus the assets can net us something good in return.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He was our 2nd best offensive player.

And one of our best positional defender.

And a TEAM oriented player.

Let's keep all the selfish ME FIRST DILLWEEDS, and hope it works out.

DD

4. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Most people here including me loved the Lawson trade and that has not worked out. Most people here don't seem to like this trade. Maybe it will strangly work out.

1 person likes this.
  5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Look, I felt like I got punched in the gut as well. You see Dmo moving well and doing well about to come back and make something happen. Then you realize the coaching staff and there were question marks about his back. I do agree he was the only true offensive posting option with great positional defense. Also one of the best passers period. I don't know what direction to this wants to go. The way I see it is there was no fielders for Dwight and his massive contract so he couldn't be moved. They will probably let Dwight just walk and free up cap space sometime after the season ends in about 2 months.

6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Terrance Jones

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

This is awkward.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The bright side is, Les finally let Morey tank, sort of.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

In 2 years teams will be like 'the rockets let him get away'

7 footers with range are rare.

Thornton was our best shooter.

Ugh, not even a happy hour can make me feel better about this. Horrible.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Morey much like God, has never made a mistake.

11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The Dwight and Lawson suspensions dropped the Rockets below the tax threshold FOR LUXURY TAX PURPOSES ONLY.

However, for cap room and hard cap purposes, your quoted figures appear to be correct, bbholic.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Positional Defenders?
    LOL

Rocket River

13. Swishh

Swishh Member

oh please, like the Hornets would try to trade MKG for a Dwight rental. You act like a know it all and I'm not sure why.

14. Swishh

Swishh Member

Very bad trade. I would've kept D-Mo and took the risk on his injury than to get back what they ended up getting.

15. anchel

anchel Member

Goods post, Clutch. It's weird that Morey does not achieve to improve the roster at the deadline, he has done it every single season he's been here. Not this. One would tell that he's more about saving the pick than about going for the playoffs....

16. malakas

malakas Member

if a person stalks you can you report him? This is getting annoying with this mav troll.

Go to school little kid.

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I know why Morey never ever was named the best GM in NBA...

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Am I the only one who has forgotten that the guy hasn't played healthy/effectively in over a year... And has had back surgery + 2 setbacks since? And they acquired a first round pick for him?

This was a steal of a trade. Players don't get better after back surgery. At his best, DMo gets back to being simply a quality bench player. Which again doesn't net a first round pick.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

My only caveat to how much I hate this deal is I don't now what the docs really know.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I don't mind the D-Mo trade. I love him as a player, but he's been hurt and is gonna get paid. We got value for him, and even at his best he's likely only a great role player.

But the fact that Jones, a massive scrub, is still on the f**king team pisses me off beyond belief. Was his value so low that we couldn't get anything, because I'm at the point where I want him released outright, he's that bad. Now I'm scared we may actually consider keeping this sorry MFer in the off season.

I would rather seem what Harrell can do given regular minutes than see anymore of Jones. I hate him so f**king much.