1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade D-Mo, Thornton to Pistons for first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 18, 2016.

?

Do you like this trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

185 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. NO

485 vote(s)
    72.4%
  1. Rocket_Man_2.0

If the first round pick is for Markief Morris then that's a downgrade!! Dmo is way better than Markeif!!!:mad:

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Wait- u forgot the mandatory back surgery, rehab and RGV assignment

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Disappointing to see Dmo gone. Hope he gets healthy and gets paid big in free agency. One of the hardest workers in the league easily.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

this, I love DMo as much as anyone, but I don't think he is the same player anymore, or at least won't be for a while. We can't wait and pray he will recover given the fact that his body already shut down on him when he tried to get major minutes this season.

With a huge contract looming in the summer, we pretty much won't match and lose him for nothing.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

but Brewer surely will lead the bench brigade...:(

6. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Yes he was one of the pieces, but obviously wasn't key in landing us James Harden. The key piece was the "lottery guaranteed" first rounder we received in the Lowry trade. We also gave up another first round pick and a second round pick as well as Kmart (who had more impact in 1 season on OKC than Lamb did his entire 3 seasons there).

So no, Jeremy Lamb didn't "land us Harden."

And all that being said, this trade is almost universally regarded as an extremely lopsided trade favoring Houston, so it is hardly a testament to Lamb's value.

And a further data point - do you think teams would trade Jeremy Lamb today(even amidst his improved season on the Hornets) for the 12th pick in an upcoming draft? I bet most would - further evidence he hasn't worked out relative to his pick.

7. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Ummm Morey there better be another catch to this trade we're not seeing yet

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

no he isn't, Morris is a better all round player

don't think D Mo can average 15.9ppg 6.6rpg 3.7apg in a 10 game stretch as Morris has lately

D Mo just has spin moves and for his size, he is a bad rebounder

why do people keep making him out to be better than he is

9. MORBID VIKING

MORBID VIKING Member

I really don't understand all the hurt feelings on this thread. It's obvious DMo wasn't going to return to full health this season and Rockets have to think their odds of retaining him while going after KD is low. This is the best they were going to get for nothing this summer. The pick will be added to a trade in the offseason or become a stashed player in the D league.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOLZZZ

Good chance Mauri wastes the first round pick drafting another but just like he did with White and Dekker and Mook over Kawhi

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Because put value on aesthetics for whatever reason.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Sorry, wish I knew how to embed tweets...

13. MONON

MONON Member

I don't like this trade on the surface. However, it does free up a roster spot in case we need it for salary matching in a D12 trade. Also Anthony becomes our best ft shooting big.

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

good old hindsight..............maybe you should lend Morey your crystal ball

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Where's the poll option for don't care? I'm sorry for the D-Mo fanboys that thought he was the second coming. It looked to me like his health issues posed a serious risk to signing a new contract. It does rather feel like a treadmill to be trading for mid-first rounders all the damn time. But the Rockets suck so bad right now that I really don't care.

16. hlcc

hlcc Member

the odds of getting an impact player let alone a star player like Kawhi in the late teens is slim. If we draft a player with similar impact & potential like Dmo through this pick, I'd consider this an overwhelming success.

17. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

This is how I feel too. I feel like the Rockets gave up less value than what people think. But they also got back a lot lower value. The pick will likely not amount to anything.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Why?? Why should he be gone if he was healthy??
    His salary would have been normal for any young multiskilled pf!!

And our difference is that I dont' think a player with such skills is worth a low first rounder in a **** draft. When you have much worse players traded for more.

If we use this first rounder to get rid of Sewer I will be mad.
    If we use this first rounder to get Markief I will be even madder.
    You don't have to put value in aesthetics to see the value of DMO.
    He has SKILLS.

I never claimed he was a savior. Or a rim protector. Or an elite defender. Or even a stretch four.

BUT someone at his age, who has post skills is acompetent defender who can also go out and shoot unguarded AND can play two positions is extremely valuable.

Good luck finding someone who can do half that with a low first rounder now.