1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade D-Mo, Thornton to Pistons for first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 18, 2016.

?

Do you like this trade for the Rockets?

1. YES

185 vote(s)
    27.6%
  2. NO

485 vote(s)
    72.4%
  1. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

1. 20 is not in the teens
    2. Donatas was not drafted by Morey or the Rockets
    3. Even if you ignore the above and include him 1/6 is still less than 1/4

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

DMO is gone healthy or not. He is already a sunk cost you trade him now u dont trade him now he is gone. He plays great he plays poorly he is still gone.

The question is do you want a first round pick or do you want nothing in return? Small contract with 30% cap increase? Yeah ok, prior to tbe season guys like him and Tjones were projected to earn 15M just based on the amount of money available in the market and u think he will get a sma contract?

3. hakeemthagreat

Don't forget Joey Dorsey:rolleyes:

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Why the F does D-Mo have to be a savior for anyone to want him on this team? Why would anyone assume he would change EVERYTHING? Why can't we live in between the extremes - D-Mo was a f'ing good piece who fit well with Harden.

Detroit gave us a first rounder for him after inspecting him from head to toe. Have we started betting on our medical staff vs theirs?

The ****tiest thing about this is the pick is only going to serve us in getting rid of Corey Brewer.

Hilarious to hear the team say if the players don't respect the game, they will be gone. Solution? Trade the guy who had nothing to do with it.

We better not be betting the farm on Durant without a secret promise of some sort.

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

This has deal before a bigger deal written all over it. So maybe wait another hour before posting apoplectic flip-out posts (DD!)

6. hlcc

hlcc Member

With the Bulls falling of a cliff due to Butler & Noah injury, Miami falling of a cliff due to Bosh out for the season, Charlotte probably getting worse due to MKG out for the season, I think there's a not only very good chance that the Pistons will make the playoffs they'll likely be higher than the 8th seed.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If there is a bigger something that gets us better now that this helped facilitate, then fine.

I have said as much.

DD

8. Rocket_Man_2.0

Horford and Teague better be coming...that's the only thing that can fix this!!:mad::mad:

9. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Don't worry guys, we will get another Dmo in the draft, then wait 3 years until he develop and trade it again ;)

10. cdrive

This pretty much proves what I sadly suspected: Capt Hook ain't coming back to his old form.

Read up more on his surgery. Look at what it did to Tiger Woods. D-Mo is toast. We got what we could out of it.

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Maybe that's the message to the players, stew in your own filth. That could explain why Harden, Howard, Brewer, TJ & Ty are staying.

12. cdrive

hey i ain't trying to razz you too hard. i'm rev'd up and excited today too. (and frustrated)

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Brooks got flipped for Dragic and a 1st(Dmo I think)
    Landry got flipped for martin for Harden
    Patterson for Thomas for cap space to sign Dwight
    Lamb for Harden
    Capela
    Jury is out on Harrell
    Canaan and Johnson are poop (but you were a huge fan of Canaan IIRC lmao)
    Llull who is doing fine in Spain. So good that he's a star there and would rather be a star
    Parsons was good, but not worth the money (See Dmo)
    Dekker who the jury is out on still. But considered a bust already like Capela was a bust this time of year last season.

Yes, I know you made it super specific. "still playing with us" I didn't care.

14. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

I just don't understand the hate?? Yes we let go of Donatas but the point is what was to be made of this roster for this season? Those mid teen picks netted us a top 5 player currently in the NBA. This current rockets group after a 50 + game sample has shown glimpses of hope only to regress 3 steps back to their old habits. Last year was a great year but the NBA changes yearly and defensively we were reasonable. we needed more change than just a ty Lawson and honestly it isn't time to blow it up but 2 picks could be very useful in remodeling the structure of this franchise to actually make this team a perennial powerhouse. We have one guy in Harden and our 3rd in Howard, we just need that second or even first option alongside them. We almost had it in Bosh unfortunately it didn't work, but let's be realistic this trade in no way hurts this team

15. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Yeah I saw some trade a team was trying to do but the wanted a first round pick. This is probably what's going to be used

Dmo is hurt(I think it's gonna be a lingering pain) but we all know Dmo is going to get a fat contract and we can't entertain that if we really want another star. Jones won't get offered as much and is insurance until Harrell develops(I think his aggressiveness in the post helps Dwight a ton), and thorton is a one year contract who will probably as for a lot because of his 3s so might as well let him go(even though I'd keep him over Brewer)

16. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thanks for everything H-town</p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/700394079616679940">February 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[​IMG]

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

if Thornton played 30 minutes a night, he would get up 30 shots a game

and he isn't a good shooter as i pointed out, his FGA's were going up by the month, but his percentages were going down