1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Dwight Howard and James Harden tried to get the other traded from Rockets in 2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dream2franchise

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/02/17/report-dwight-howard-and-james-harden-tried-to-get-the-other-traded-from-rockets-in-2013/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

A report earlier this season said Dwight Howard didn’t like playing second fiddle to James Harden on the Rockets. Howard denied it, but here’s more evidence of the players’ discord.

Fran Blinebury of NBA.com (hat tip: reddit user Longh0rns):

Howard and Harden have been an oil-and-water mix since they came together for the 2012-13 season. It was only days after Damian Lillard‘s 3-point dagger eliminated them in the first round of their first playoff series together when both were sending out messages and maneuvering to get the other one traded.

Harden is a difficult teammate to play with, dominating the ball and so much of every shot clock and Howard too often felt ignored.

[Correction: That Rockets-Trail Blazers series occurred in 2014.]

Plenty could have changed since 2014, and Howard and Harden clicked well enough last season to lead the Rockets to the Western Conference finals.

But it’s hard to watch their disharmony – and, by extension, the Rockets’ disharmony – this season and believe there are no lingering issues. It’s easier to get over those problems when the team is winning. When it’s losing, personal issues can be both a cause and symptom, snowballing on themselves.

To whatever extent Howard and Harden are still battling, Harden is winning. That’s only logical considering Harden is better, four years younger and on a more favorable contract.

If Howard wants to stay in Houston (he says he does) and play without Harden (much more questionable), Howard should have campaigned better two years ago.

Not seeing where this 'evidence' is though...

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Can ppl not read???

3. nemac

nemac Member

Waiting for evidence...

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You 3 hours too late

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Fran is a hack, he has no inside knowledge, he's just trolling for page hits. This was also posted like 2 or 3 hours ago. Let it die.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

weirdo.

7. alethios

alethios Member

Breaking news! Rockets are shopping Dwight Howards!

8. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dwight wasn't here for the 2012-2013 season. If you don't know that I highly doubt you would know anything else.

10. bmd

bmd Member

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I don't doubt what Fran is saying. I was already suspecting this myself thinking about how both Howard and Harden interact with one anther. Your talking two big egos and I can see their personalities conflict with one another..not even their fault as much as it is their playing styles. The friction will probably continue...when the Rox are rolling it looks unstoppable and when they're spiraling it's the reverse with these two. The problem NOW is if the Rox don't trade Howard I can't see how this gets better between the two of them. Constant Paranoia just my opinion. Howard has been in Harden's shadow this whole time. No one thought Harden would be a super star on the Rox not even Howard. Now he's dealing with it and so is Harden.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

also did you know that Dwight and Josh Smith were high school AAU teammates? true story.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.