1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rodeo parking question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by asianballa23, Feb 17, 2016.

1. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

Trying to buy some concert tickets on craiglist and I noticed there are several different colors of parking pass... which ones are closest to the stadium and which are furthest? And I'm guessing they're all different prices?

2. Buck Turgidson

google "houston rodeo parking map"

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I wouldn't recommend rodeo parking. You will be waiting in your car for almost an hour to leave and maybe get in.

park downtown or behind Sams near NRG (Metro park and ride) and take the rail instead.

#4 REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  4. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Another option, which is what we did last year, is to park somewhere off of the metro rail by the museum district and ride the train to/from. You still may be stuck in some long waits and packed metro rail cars on the way out but its much better than being stuck in traffic for an hour like REEKO said.

5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

thanks for the tips and link

6. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Metro Park and ride is also a good option. There's a park and ride location on OST that's a short ride to and from NRG on a bus. Like other posters have mentioned you may have to wait a little in line for the ride back on the bus at the end of the night but you'll be dropped off and picked up right at the front of the carnival / show grounds:

http://www.rodeohouston.com/GuestServices/Transportation/ParkRide.aspx

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

The only way I'd ever go to any Rodeo event is by light rail.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

or dont go. Buy a live hits album and a Bose system, bottle of wine, invite your girl and you're set.

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

Heard that if you come on Horseback to the Rodeo they let you park your horse right at the front gate for free.

10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

I heard there are shuttle buses nearby?

11. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Park where Astroworld used to be at... it's like $10 and they got shuttles and stuff.