1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Member

Seriously, why the hell do people not want Dragic back? He was incredible for us. So what if he didn't come here as a FA, Morey should've never let him go in the first place.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Exactly! He can pass and has 3-pt range. Would be a great 5 for the Rockets. Trade for him and max him out.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I thought his (his agent's) issue was splitting time with Bev during a contract year. Now he's locked-in. I'm sure it's still a problem but maybe he's more open to it now?

I'm not all that excited about Dragic but I do think he still fits next to Harden fairly well.

If it was me, I'd roll with Beverley and chase the Conley pipedream.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Cyber is an agent amd he has proved in the past countless times credible. Spolane is a journalist who doesnt even exclusively as you said covers the rockets and has never broken a rocket trade before. The difference is night and day. But you can believe him if you want.

I dont believe that atlanta is that stupid to take 0.5c of the dollar and get back only hlward for teague and horford. Even if they ask winslow its still very bad value.

Meanwhile other insiders who are credible like Mannix have said a few days ago that the price for teagie and horford separately is sky high
    A howard is not sky high. Teague has more trade value than him alone.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Oh, I thought there were some burned bridges from his negotiations with Morey, previously, that turned him off to the franchise. I don't know for sure, honestly.

6. Nook

Nook Member

How is everyone convinced that Teague/Horford is better than Whiteside/Dragic?

7. awc713

awc713 Member

Have you seen his play this year? And his contract?

That's why.

I loved Goran when he was with us. Maybe my favorite Rocket in the past half decade.

But you don't trade for someone because of what they were or what they did for you. You trade for what they will be. And his play this year has raised legitimate cause for concern.

The last thing this franchise needs is a maxed out 6th man. There is a very real possibility that Goran has slipped to just that--a top 15ish PG

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He's putting up average numbers on a max contract. Unless one thinks that a change of scenery is going to improve his play, I don't see how a guard whose game is predicated on quickness but is aging and slowing down will be a good long-term investment.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

For me, I don't trust Whiteside. That's the big problem. I think once he gets the big contract he will coast. I don't think Horford would be that way.

10. Ns575

Ns575 Member

Tony Parker seems to be doing well

11. Nook

Nook Member

Meh...... have family members that work for the Rockets and when something is talked about for a long time, it comes out. Sometimes when something comes together really quickly, it doesn't get out...... but things are certainly discussed, and sometimes it comes out from the players side. I guarantee you that Howard knows what teams are talking to the Rockets.

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Horford expires after the year, making him a potential rental (Bird rights are worth less given all the $$$ out there), and after this year, Teague only has one more year at $8 million before he'll land a contract that looks very similar to Dragic's deal.

I think Whiteside is solid enough that the Dragic/Whiteside vs. Teague/Horford gap isn't all that large for the next 27 games -- plus, I doubt the Rockets are taking 2015-16 productivity all that seriously, anyway.

I'm not saying I agree with all of it -- just making the case for how it could be argued. IF you're convinced that Dwight/Horford/Whiteside are all likely rentals and IF you think Dragic is better fit than Teague, then the one year you'd get Teague at a somewhat-cheaper rate may not be a huge factor.

#1432 The Cat, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  13. amaru

amaru Member

Can we trust Hortford's pecs? Hasn't he torn both of them while playing basketball?

I've been lifting weights for quite some time and I've never even heard of that happening before it happened to him. Obvioulsy his form was/is ****. No telling what other injuries will show up as he ages.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Whiteside+dragic+ andersen for howard + jones is a fair trade and makes sense. ( if it works havent checked)
    Hordord+ teague for howard is not fair trade not even close and makes no sense for atlanta on multiple levels.

15. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Tony Parker plays for the Spurs. They are an anomaly in professional sports where aging stars have multiple renaissances for the same team.

Dragic is not Tony Parker and we are not the San Antonio Spurs.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Horford, Dwight, Whiteside, they're all sounding like rentals to me. Morey spinning the wheels at center. But no, I wouldn't trust Horford's health, or Dwight's, nor do I trust Whiteside will sign here at a reasonable cost.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

86 million dollars, last year a player option

32mpg, 12 pts, 5 assists per game

Just about every offensive metric in serious decline over the last two years.

I see no reason whatsoever to want Goran Dragic.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'm playing the what-if game but...

Didn't want to be here: He has no say now (if they were to acquire him; unless you think he'll be a cancer to the locker room and you think it'll go Ty Lawson bad and then you're definitely stuck.)

Salary/contract: If they did acquire him last year, doubtful he was gonna be a rental. Rockets were gonna have to pay him. So you were gonna pay him last year but now that he's paid, no thanks?

19. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Horford and Teague or Blake griffin or bust. No to dragic and white side.

20. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Its not even close IMO...Horford is the safer pick, fits our teams philosophy better, and can play the 4/5 having that luxury with capela on board

Dragic vs teague is closer and id probably lean towards dragic if we are picking someone who is currently better. But when you consider contract, and age its a wash, so no reason to include miami here and save them from the big decision of commiting long term to whiteside....you add winslow to the mix and we can talk again and add ariza to atlanta

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.