1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Why include Miami if you can deal straight with Atlanta... Sadly maybe Morey wants Whiteside! That's my only explanation.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Miami would make out like bandits.
    I don't want Whiteside or Dragic.

3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Is there any reason to believe that Ty Lawson/T Jones wouldn't be included in the deal for other pieces coming to the rockets?

4. malakas

malakas Member

To be around the team doesnt mean you are privy to fo info especially a fo like houstons whonkeep their mouth shut. A guy around the team who leaks can very well lose their job depending on the kind of team. ( thats why a lot of beat writers keep their mouth shut unless they get the green light). It depends on the team and rockets are one of these teams very serious about leaks not like suns or kings etc.

You can believe him if you want. I have the rule to first see if someone actually is right and then start to consider them credible. But to each their own. :)

5. rocketsmetalspd

For? Maybe Suns Tucker and Morris?

6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Morey can make out like a bandit if Winslow can be got.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Too early. These rumors don't mean **** until Wednesday night.

8. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

We have to get Winslow if it involves Miami. Don't give a crap about whiteside. Ehh with Dragic

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Right team, wrong player. If a deal goes down like this, it's because Dragic is the main target. We know Morey has coveted him in the past, and now he's on a stable long-term contract. If DM wants to involve Miami and the deal looks like this, the obvious takeaway is that he still values Dragic as a long-term piece.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Deal is not imminent. Atlanta wants Miami to add Winslow, but I'm told Riley won't trade him</p>&mdash; Adam Spolane (@AdamSpolane) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSpolane/status/699303459577696256">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just so we're clear, I'm not saying the deal is going to happen, I'm saying it's being discussed. Lots of moving parts</p>&mdash; Adam Spolane (@AdamSpolane) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSpolane/status/699305989779030016">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That's fair, but I don't just put stuff out there <a href="https://t.co/S9Yg9oTKnU">https://t.co/S9Yg9oTKnU</a></p>&mdash; Adam Spolane (@AdamSpolane) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSpolane/status/699311948211421184">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>

11. Lightsnowaction

Agreed. I don't like how Whiteside plays as a C and Dragic did not even want to come here last year. Don't see why Atlanta wanting to do that.

12. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Dwight and Whiteside are in the same position. Both control their own destiny in the summer. I believe Pat Riley knows he can convince Dwight to stay. Whiteside has no bird rights and is known as a head case. Dragic statistically is having one of his worst seasons. To me, the only real asset is Winston.

13. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I don't want Dragic

14. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Something like that. Definitely a stretch 4.

15. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Like I said... I'm not saying he's right but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that he heard something. In essence that's exactly what CyberX does for this board. And Adam Spolane doesn't exclusively write for the Rockets so losing his job because he reports something he heard doesn't affect him. I believe he worlds for CBS and covers Houston sports.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

In part because I don't think Dragic wants Houston.

17. Nook

Nook Member

The NBA has changed so much now, that I would probably rather play Horford at the 5 now.... he is good enough inside defensively, passes well enough and is skilled enough to play the 5.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh, the difference a year makes. ;)

Year ago, Dragic wants out from Phoenix, CF excited about potentially acquiring him until he wanted no part of Houston.

Fast forward a year. Do you want Dragic?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Frankly I would rather have Teague than Dragic with age / contract.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't see what Dragic brings that would be better than a Horford+Teague package.

As for Whiteside, I don't trust him on a long-term max contract. So I want no part of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.