1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Gross, I'd rather just cut Miami out and get Teague and Horford. Forget old Rockets coming back.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

610 Houston radio personality. So no he's likely on the GARM now bored playing on the trade machine and watching us go ape sh#$ live in real time.

I will say though its probably one of the better clairvoyant trade ideas I've seen w/ Dwight thus far. Atlanta might want more out of the deal, but let's face it, in the end they are the ones really wanting to move Teague.

On the surface its a solid start to a trade idea, but doubt it would ever happen due to that many high caliber players being moved, and the fact that all three teams want something the other teams are getting. They'd never come to terms.

-Houston would want Horford
    -Atlanta would want Dragic
    -etc etc

I just doubt all these teams would be able to come to terms on this one, but it makes SOME sense.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

now trade that scrub Ty for Markieff.. him and Whiteside can play bullyball down in the post.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Would much rather just trade Dmo / Capella for Horford and play him alongside Howard, then pay both in the offseason.

5. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Man I'm all over that trade if Winslow was just thrown in..ughhhh

6. malakas

malakas Member

Im not lazy. Im a foreigner who make spelling errors when not writing in her native language. Sue me.

Lowe thorpe etc.
    Your proof is a quote by morrey? The one who has incetive to actually lie about the lockeroom?

What tweet you are talking about? Terry didnt tweet anything. He said it to the journalists. Thats a Huge red flag and proof of lockeroom issues. Players espcially seasoned vets dont go to journalists and say that for no reason.

If you want to ignore all this fine. I dont even care.

7. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Ehhh I've been following him on Twitter for a while. He's definitely around the team. He does post game interviews and stuff. I think he may have heard rumblings. He did go onto say that nothing is immenent and that Atlanta wants Winslow and Riley isn't budging. I think there's some truth. I just wouldn't bet my life on it lol. I think this trade is awful for Houston too

8. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Adam Spolane ‏@AdamSpolane 40m40 minutes ago

I'm told Rockets, Heat, Hawks discussing 3-way. Howard to ATL, Horford and Teague to Mia, Dragic and Whteside, Anderson to Hou.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">By the way, Adam is around Toyota Center as much as anyone and takes his job very seriously. He knows his stuff (and people). <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Ben DuBose (@BenDuBose) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/699312171251937280">February 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He did, I believe, break the (MLB) Brad Ausmus/Tigers news a few years back, FWIW.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

From a player quality perspective you are doing better than you would with many other deals. The reason why Houston is rumored to just keep Dwight is because the offers in trades have been extremely low. Getting someone as coveted as Dragic alone is a good haul from a VALUE perspective.

At that point you're still looking at ON THE COURT and potentially OFF THE COURT issues with Whiteside being Whiteside, and the need to move out a PG (Lawson likely), and the issues Dragic might have in being trade months after agreeing to be the likely future of a franchise to then being traded to a team he openly said he had no interest in returning to.

Yeah there are issues here for Houston, but in the end you are getting value for Dwight.... better value you are getting in likely any other trade. Morey & JBB would have ALOT of work to do afterwards trust me.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

That could be interesting too, I'm all for that as well. I don't want dragic/Whiteside. Well... If Whiteside can pull his **** together then maybe... But with the 'broken' label this team has it'd probably be a mess.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

false

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Trade is bad. Horford/Teague is better than Dragic/Whiteside. Why not just trade directly with Atlanta?

Teague and Horford is worth more than just Dwight. They could get better offers from Boston for Teague and Horford. They don't even necessarily have to package them together.

14. thejav

thejav Member

i would love this trade...

15. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Then package Lawson and T Jones.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This suggested Miami/Atlanta/Houston deal. Why include Miami?

Just send Howard to Atlanta for Horford & Teague.

If the Rockets have to move Howard....Horford and Teague is a nice haul. With the thought of maxing out Horford as a UFA this summer.

Horford & Teague >>>> Whiteside & Dragic

17. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Adam Spolane doesn't usually break deals like this or does he ever attempt to. I think if he posted about it it's because he actually heard something.

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'd rather Horford and Teague.

19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I forgot about that. Well, this just got interesting...

20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

EXACTLY!!! ****, Miami

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.