1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Truck driver roll call

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigdaddy, Feb 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just curious to see how many truck drivers are on Clutch Fans? Let us know if you are company or O/O ,where you run and what kind of freight do you haul?
    I'm an O/O hauling reefer freight , running mostly Midwest and back to Texas.
    Anyone else in the trucking industry also feel free to jump into the conversation.

2 people like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You're running reefer?

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

How fast can your trucks run? I moved between Houston and Omaha right after college and came back down five years ago, then just moved back up around there. Driving through Kansas it seems like you guys are going 80-90-100.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

How long are you guys on the road at any time? I understand they regulate hours, but would there be ways to get around logging them if you have an aggressive delivery date and time to meet?

5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

You know who wanted to be a trucker?

Karl Malone.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

What kind of desk jobs or professional/managerial roles are there in the shipping industry? Route sales/brokerage, dispatch, load planning, fleet management or procurement?

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kMFJBd40Awo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If you see Karl Malone, tell him he sucks.

9. Nook

Nook Member

LOT LIZARDS.... Young and cheap ladies from broken homes that will let you ride them like a broken horse for a slice of Sbarro pizza, a Mountain Dew and a hit of black tar heroine in the truck stop bathroom.

CHICKENFEED... Cheap and very strong meth, keeps you hard and ragin as you cook your books to get from El Paso to Milwaukee in one shot... Piss in old Mountain Dew bottles, **** in Wendys hamburger wrappers and masterbate on the expressway while looking at the big titted coed on her way back to college.

Stop at a strip club like the Golden Slippers for some companionship and sex on a bed without bedbugs. Drop a little money on booze and a coed shower. Get back in your cab, use your cell phone to wish your wife and kids goodnight...

As soon as that phone call is over, time for some cheap coke and time to go on the prowl... Young and dumb are the best, pretty is a plus but they dirty little slut that ran away from home to show Daddy works too. Promise to take them wherever they want.

Once that engine is purring and they are in your cab... Shift into second and third. It is game time. Now she calls you Daddy... She is a toy for your affection. Abuse is common and clothes are not allowed, only cuffs. Showers? She must earn those. Sex on demand, anything to end your boredom. As you cross state lines no one knows where she is or where she is headed. Take lots of photographs for your reflection later. Drive at night, less traffic and lots of isolated farm land without light... Like Ottawa Illinois, old barns and vacant KMarts. She is pretty when she looks scared? Get a picture quick. Tie her to the water meter in the outdoor garden area in the abandoned KMart near Starved Rock Park.... It is 2am and folks in these parts don't stay out late.

You are done with her, get that before and after photo... Scared and then bloody.

Welp, time to stop for a late night microwave burrito, there is a Clarks truck stop 20 miles from here with free washers and dryers. Gonna be a long drive tonight.

3 people like this.
  10. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

Yes,somebody has to, just got to be careful.

11. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

12. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

That's hilarious!

13. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

Most trucks are governed between 62-70 mph ,depending on their company, there are still some trucks that will run 70-100. A few that will run above 100, not to smart, A ticket 15 mph + makes it hard on your license.

14. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Well unlike the other responses, I respect what you do OP. My company sells chains, binders amd tie down straps so we see truckers every day and I meet a wide variety of people in the industry. These are some hard working individuals. Granted, we see some ****heads sometimes but thats rare. Kudos to you and your work is greatly needed by every business.

15. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

I can't give you all my secrets, no they have pretty well stepped up enforcement on the regulations and there are more regulations and the enforcement of those regulations on the way. It's changing the trucking industry.

16. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

Thank you kindly. Do you sell load locks

17. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Unfortunately I dont. Try Safe N Secure in Dallas for that kind of stuff. They are great.

18. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

Cool. Are you in H-town

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I've always been kinda fascinated with wondering what the life of a trucker is like. Would love to hear it.

20. bigdaddy

Supporting Member

It's a culture all to itself. I spend 2 weeks to 2 months on the road. The last couple of months I've been able to get home once a week, found a groove that works, but I am starting to get bored with the same thing. I'll probably be finding a different groove soon. I am sitting in Indiana at the moment and will be loading in the morning with a load coming to Houston for Monday morning.
    It's colder than hell outside, but cozy here in the truck.