1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malakas

malakas Member

No. If CP3 can't get it done next to Jordan and Griffin what makes you think he will win next to Howard and ..Ariza?

If anything the team should strive to get younger to extend the window and wait until the Warriors go away or get injured or fall. Not make the window even smaller.

2. Nook

Nook Member

I don't see the Rockets doing that unless it is literally the only offer and they have promised Howard they will move him.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

How silly of me. I forgot I was talking to a bunch of nuthuggers.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I was right.

Badlee's feelings > facts and stats

5. Nook

Nook Member

Form a fantasy league with DD..... and post the trades you all make.

Please.

6. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Lol my thoughts exactly.

7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Lawson was brought here to add playmaking in addition to Harden, not instead of Harden. The idea was never for Harden to primarily play off the ball. Harden uses 32% of the possessions while he's on the floor. That leaves 68% of the possessions available for Lawson. Josh Smith and Thorton haven't had a problem getting usage while playing with Harden so why does Lawson? What has Lawson done when Harden wasn't on the floor?

The times that the team wants Harden to play off the ball is when teams double him early as we've seen several times this year. In those cases, they want him to give up the ball and then let it come back to him later rather than attacking a double team.

As for Lawson, he's on a new team, with a new system, with new teammates, has a different role and a hell of a lot has happened in Lawson's life in the last 6 mos.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Your statement was proven silly and invalid with actual facts.

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Did anyone else listen to Tad Brown on AM 790 this morning?

He basically dispelled and downplayed all the reports of Dwight being on the trading block and Rockets with Fegan actively calling teams to shop him.

He also downplayed the Calvin Watkins report of a some special team meeting between Morey JB Harden and Howard. He said after many games Morey is in the locker room, and that Morey and JB were talking about how to fix things and that Howard & Harden happened to still be in the locker room so they were all talking. But he said it wasn't like it was a planned meeting.

Tad Brown said something like "You know around this time of year it gets silly. Unfortunately Dwight has been dogged by this kind of stuff his entire career around this time of year" It just really seemed like he was trying to squash it. And that goes in line with what Fegan and Howard were publicly saying.

So what the hell? Are they actively trying to trade Dwight or not?

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

paging cyberx :cool:

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

These mean nothing because they don't support my argument!

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Nothing they say in the media should be taken with substance.

13. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Would it be crazy to trade him for Rudy Gay + Kufos + picks?

Gay is actually on a pretty reasonable contract (25M over the next 2 years), and his ability to create his own shot would take a ton of pressure off of Harden.

14. malakas

malakas Member

they are actively trying to trade Dwight as long they find a worthwile deal and everything that has been leaked AND denied publicly points to that fact.
    From multiple credible sources.

So good PR move by that Tad Brown dude but unfortunately informed nba fans know better than to buy this.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Morrey made that offer to Sacramento in December and he was turned down.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

According to Chris Mannix of the Vertical, the asking price for Al Horford and Jeff Teague is "borderline ridiculous."

"From everything I’ve been told in the last two or three days, Atlanta’s requests for both Al Horford and Jeff Teague have been borderline ridiculous," Mannix said. "The kind of things teams like Boston, or Milwaukee, or Denver simply won’t deal for the players they want." Boston seems like the team that's most willing to make a major move, and Mannix adds that the Hawks could lower their price as the deadline (Feb. 18) approaches.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/290444/Asking-price-for-Horford-and-Teague-too-high?

17. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Really? I've been away from Clutchfans for a while, this team has broken my spirit, lol.

18. malakas

malakas Member

WHAT!!!

OMG I'm gonna go kill Kidd if he brings here Teague. :mad: Why does the team must have such an idiotic imbecile narcisistic ******* as the GM!!!
    \

19. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

Sorry if this has been posted already. I wonder what he could be talking about though.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ish hitting the fan now</p>&mdash; Ty Lawson (@TyLawson3) <a href="https://twitter.com/TyLawson3/status/698112176385445888">February 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes, Woj knows....Tad Brown is a PR mouthpiece.

DD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.