1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess he watched the Warriors too much

He thinks Harden should at least lead us to 60 plus wins

Still a shame that Harden loses us games with his D while winning us some with his output on O.

The record is not overwhelming but good enough for a middle seed playoff spot.

The difference was we had decent rotational D, our role players stepped up big with 3s and they cared.

2. hakeemthagreat

No. Harden has always been a lazy defender. The DIFFERENCE is he came into training camp fat & out of shape this year. A yes Harden is worse on defense than people say

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Badlee doesn't deal in facts so this is irrelevant.

4. Fantasma Negro

5. ibm

ibm Member

i just feel sad about the whole thing, no matter who we receive in the trade. this to me signals an end of an era (if we can call h&h an era). things just didnt work out, like oj's gloves.

looking ahead, it's really tough to see any immediate hope.

6. Fantasma Negro

Can still be H&H if we get Horford in return

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Honestly, at this point it's best to hope Atlanta can't get any good deals from other teams... since we really dont have much that they want. they are looking to rebuild so they'll want picks and young assets. Unless, we do a 3 way trade with Boston, but they can just trade to boston themselves.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Your two trades have either been lopsided in our favor, or completely gut another team's roster of their better players.

Bucks wouldn't give up on Parker so quickly, even if it is for a PG that was once really good. The Hawks wouldn't trade Teague unless they got a PG back; Schroeder isn't ready to be a starter yet, I don't believe. The 76ers would be taking on +2 players and contracts - something I don't think they want to do.

What's strange is, you would think that getting [Horford, Vucevic, Oladipo] in the 1st scenario or [Horford, Teague, Parker, Plumlee, Covington] in the 2nd, would raise our wins. But ESPN projects a -6 win and a -7 win for the two scenarios.

Harden Teague
    Oladipo Harden
    Ariza Ariza
    Horford Parker
    Vucevic Horford

Those are two great starting lineups.

9. crispy123

crispy123 Member

my guess we trade howard for Avery Bradley and picks. we need another defensive point guard since bev cant seem to stay healthy.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am really unhappy about this situation. Howard will have to go to a contender. This reduces our leverage. A 3 way trade will probably be necessary.

The bigger question is can Harden trust his replacement, and can Harden be coached?

Dark days indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if Harden is moved too. I am almost certain that Lawson will be traded as well.

Kyle Lowry had similar problems to James, but he is finally thriving. James is far more talented than him, that
    ironically is the problem here. Harden needs to realize he can't be Kobe. Kobe needed Shaq to win.

#791 saleem, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  12. CelticsFan

CelticsFan Member

Unfortunately as a Celtics fan seems like we would be in the mix for Howard. Take a look at this proposal from Bobby Marks at the Vertical (Wojo show)

http://www.celticslife.com/2016/02/if-dwight-howards-price-is-dropping.html

To sum it up he proposes

D Lee
    Jerebko
    2016 Dallas Pick (20's)
    2016 Boston Pick (20's)

for

Howard
    Harrell

Doesn't seem like much as a Celtics fan who doesn't want Howard I would give that up for a rental of Howard. Doesn't seem like a lot the picks are going to be late, last year we tried to trade 5 pick to move up a few spots to draft Winslow and got rejected. I don't see the Celtics moving Smart, Crowder, Bradley or IT for Howard. What do you guys think?

13. malakas

malakas Member

I think Morrey will ask for Amir back instead of Lee , not include Harrell and ask instead of Boston 2016 the Mavs 2018 and I think that Ainge doesn't have leverage because a) he can't use all the draft picks this year b) sully and zeller expire, lee expires (who is the most useful as salary filler) and Amir wil probably let go to free up capspace c) Celtics don't have enough playing time to develop all their young players. Rozier, Hunter, Mickey and Young have already been humpered by lack of playing time and it will only get worse.

And I think Celtics fans should know that the most credible Rockets insider has already made known that Dwight is not a rental but is going to resign for a near max/5.

So then after this Ainge could throw a BKN pick at the Nuggets along with Crowder and try to get Gallinari.
    It/Smart
    Bradley
    Gallinari
    Olynyk/Sully
    Howard/Zeller.

ECF team.

14. malakas

malakas Member

I meant Memphis 2018 that is lightly protected.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My son's favorite player in the league who isn't a Rocket is IT, so he'll be very disappointed. Won't someone think about the children???

16. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

I really like howard. I think we should trade harden. he cant play def or anything. with Harden we should pick up decent PG and SG

PG - who can handle ball (someone like Rondo) who can play def and pass
    SG -

and then next year in FA go after Durant offer him Max and Howard in range of 17 - 20M.

for 2015

New PG / Bev
    New SG / KJ
    Ariza / Dekker
    Dmo / Smith
    Howard / Capela

New PG / Bev
    New SG / KJ
    Ariza / Durant / Dekker
    Durant / Ariza / Rookie
    Howard / Capela

17. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Would you trade a young superstar, Harden, for a veteran star, Chris Paul?
    We would need a sg back, they would need a pg.
    Lawson and harden for Paul and Redick?

We get old but they get young. We still have a glaring issue at the 4.

18. Victorious

Victorious Member

lol so we trade harden, durant's former teammate and one of the selling points to get him here? ok

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

These means nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.