1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Sources: Houston has started contacting teams about trading Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

whoever we get to replace him, please be able to shoot fts.. im so sick of watching other teams hack-a-shaq us.

2. Mattician

Mattician Member

Time to move on.

3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

So let me get this straight...

1. Lawson is relegated to bench because Harden doesn't want to play off the ball.
    2. McHale's fired because team was letargic - gee, where is that coming from?
    3. Howard agrees to play more P&R and to be a clean-up role player.
    4. Other people have to cover for Harden's defense over and over.

So everyone go out of their way to please our superstar who couldn't care less about defense or his teammates or his coach...when is Morey pulling his head out of Harden's ass???

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No

1. Lawson goes to the bench because he can't play either end of the court anymore
    2. McHale fired because Les was overemotional about a slow start (probably the right move, but timing?)
    3. Howard agrees to play more P&R, but sulks because he doesn't get the ball in the post (when he does, oh dear)
    4. Harden is not as bad defensively as most people say, there are very few objective measurements which rank him as badly as he is made out to be, and despite the things he does on the defensive end, he gets criticized over above the guys on the team who are far worse defensively

But sure, you go criticize last years players MVP (when was the last time we had one of those? Hakeem?) because we are losing. Sure, he isn't above blame, the whole team wears it, but if you watch the games you might notice he is far from the worst factor for us.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

We could bring back a player who makes $20mill per season and still be able to jig things to have a run at Durant.
    A better move would be to get Horford for Dwight, have Horford's bird rights, sign a max FA, then give Horford whatever he wants (his caphold would be only 18mill I think?)

Send Dwight home...

6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Lawson himself said Harden is ignoring the coach and running whatever he pleases. And are you telling me Lawson went from 9 assits/game to a scrub in 6 months? He didn't even get a proper chance at running the team.

Why isn't Harden playing P&R more with Howard? When Josh did, great things were happening.
    When your superstar is tuning out the coach, others tend to follow. Why do you think team played so bad?

And I don't care about this fricking MVP, would you all Harden apologists stop using this as an excuse for this year's horrible results! Howard is getting traded, McHale was fired, Lawson is underused - when will the team stop catering to their spoiled superstar and put him in his place??

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

One of the worst decisions the Rockets will ever make.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

One thing this team has proven over and over again. They definitely can't win much without Howard. They have proven many times before that they can win without Harden.

9. MistaK

MistaK Member

HUH?? :confused::confused:

10. malakas

malakas Member

The decision is not to let go of howard, the decision is NOT PAY HOWARD 50 MILLION when he is 35. Its purely a monetary decision and im surprised there are still ppl who fail to understand this.

Howard chose the most $. Thats fine. Who here would turn down 50 million dollars? Especially for a team that is now in 9th seed and has a small chance to get Durant? Its not like we are a step away from a ring.

Btw it has been rumoured that the nets are planning to pay dwight the 4 year max. (Along with signing lawson or rondo and trading Lopez for a wing).

11. OTMax

OTMax Member

Exactly! This year is done regardless. With Howard you might win 1 or 2 games in the play-offs if we make it and without him, well...no play-offs but that's not the worst thing considering.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

CoachBadlee smoking that good **** early in the morning. :p

Harden
    With: 174-113(.606)
    Without: 8-6(.571)

Howard
    With: 97-59(.622)
    Without: 40-23(.635)

1 person likes this.
  13. koby1868

koby1868 Member

If we are contacting all these teams, where is the rumors on the trade? Who are we talking to?

14. Fantasma Negro

15. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Just because the trade works on the ESPN trade machine...does not mean it is realistic. Idiot ideas on most of these.

16. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

CoachBad with an epic return to the GARM. This is incredibly classic Coachbadlee. You really don't even deserve a real response to this. Just a repost and a laugh.

18. Fantasma Negro

You'd think some of you guys are getting fisted with every post. This is a fan forum where fan kick around ideas, everything isn't being submitted to the league office. Do I think Orlando will trade Vucecic? No, but Espn trade machine wouldn't let me trade Lawson for Olidipo straight up. Do I think, Orlando would Olidipo? Yeah, they've discussed trading him for Jeff Teague. I would personally trade Howard for Horford and Teague but that leaves us with an extra point guard. If the magic a shopping Olidipo, I'd rather have him and the James run point. This team isn't going to get fixed with one trade, this forum is for fans to kick ideas around. Stop sh!tting on ppls post just because you don't like it, if you want a thread with only ideas you like start a blog jackass

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lmao Harden has missed 14 games total since he came to Houston, which was a year before Howard even arrived. Since Howard has been here Harden has only missed 10 games total, how the hell can anybody make that assessment based off of 10 games over 3 seasons??!? Gotta be that goodgood.

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I imagine well be shopping for draft picks and overpriced players who will come off the books. Doubt we'll get much value on the Howard trade. Wonder if it's just him or if we'll be doing a fire sale. Not many pieces to salvage outside of Harden/Capela/Harrell. I like bev, ariza, and Thornton but I imagine these guys might have to go if we're not contending.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.